Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 58045 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 10:37 - Jun 13 with 1672 viewsbob566

Tory Leadership Race on 10:19 - Jun 13 by Mick_S

Or a s hit Eamonn Andrews.

very funny Camberley and Mick. Touch of the Tim Henmans about him.

All messing aside he's very young. He can't have learned his trade for too long. I wouldn't be confident of him going into trade talks with Merkel for example.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:13 - Jun 13 with 1601 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tory Leadership Race on 10:37 - Jun 13 by bob566

All messing aside he's very young. He can't have learned his trade for too long. I wouldn't be confident of him going into trade talks with Merkel for example.

He’d probably take half an hour out of his day to read a file beforehand which gives him one up on cuddly Boris.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:14 - Jun 13 with 1598 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s 46!
Tory Leadership Race on 12:04 - Jun 13 with 1538 viewsDannyPaddox

Tory Leadership Race on 20:03 - Jun 11 by CamberleyR

Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of a ventriloquist's dummy?

Gottle o' Grexit!
Tory Leadership Race on 12:14 - Jun 13 with 1520 viewsMick_S

Or a rubbish Stephen Mulhern.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tory Leadership Race on 12:14 - Jun 13 with 1519 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 11:06 - Jun 12 by Northernr

If this is just going to turn into another back and forth about Brexit it can go on the 77 page wnkathon thread please.

Honestly, I'm sorry I started it. I just wanted to take the piss out of the contenders. For example:

Is it just me, or does he look like someone has cut and pasted a smaller face onto his head? Danny Paddox, I'm looking at you.

Tory Leadership Race on 12:16 - Jun 13 with 1512 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 11:14 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s 46!

Yes but that's only 21 in Tory years.

Tory Leadership Race on 12:32 - Jun 13 with 1481 viewsDannyPaddox

Tory Leadership Race on 12:14 - Jun 13 by Dorse

Honestly, I'm sorry I started it. I just wanted to take the piss out of the contenders. For example:

Is it just me, or does he look like someone has cut and pasted a smaller face onto his head? Danny Paddox, I'm looking at you.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 13:08 - Jun 13 with 1418 views2Thomas2Bowles

Boris 114 votes

Esther McVey, Mark Harper and Andrea Leadsom out

Michael Gove: 37

Matt Hancock: 20

Mark Harper: 10

Jeremy Hunt: 43

Sajid Javid: 23

Boris Johnson: 114

Andrea Leadsom: 11

Esther McVey: 9

Dominic Raab: 27

Rory Stewart: 19
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 13:12]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 13:30 - Jun 13 with 1364 viewsrunningman75

Bojo gets a clear lead amongst MP's. Looks like the Tory circus will be run by their star clown.
Tory Leadership Race on 13:39 - Jun 13 with 1335 viewsBucksRanger

So, any non-drug takers left in the race?
Tory Leadership Race on 13:40 - Jun 13 with 1332 viewsFDC

I'm not gonna lie lads. I'm actually quite excited to be alive at a time when we get to see what the Guardian newspaper does when presented with a choice between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn.
Tory Leadership Race on 13:59 - Jun 13 with 1284 viewsderbyhoop

In a scenario not unlike a primary school playground where kids cue up to claim my dad's harder than your dad, all the candidates seem to be determined to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement. How many times do the EU, its officials and the Irish Government have to say NO before it sinks in?
They may look at the Political Declaration but there will be no credibility in any future negotiations if the EU backs down, on the WA that was agreed by the UK Government in November, at this late stage.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 14:11 - Jun 13 with 1259 viewsR_from_afar

Coincidentally and a propos to nothing whatsoever, I just started reading Rory's book about his walk across Afghanistan. That certainly takes some guts...and the walk couldn't have been easy either LOL

I honestly don't think it's fair on Boris to let him be PM. He is going get absolutely slaughtered. He's just not up to the job.

PS: I did chuckle when someone described him as a "Poundshop Trump"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tory Leadership Race on 14:13 - Jun 13 with 1253 viewsWatford_Ranger

Even given this is a pool of actual turds, it’s quite incredible there were MPs that opted for Esther McVey. Was Boris not quite incompetent or thick enough for them?
Tory Leadership Race on 14:19 - Jun 13 with 1234 viewsCamberleyR

Tory Leadership Race on 14:13 - Jun 13 by Watford_Ranger

Even given this is a pool of actual turds, it’s quite incredible there were MPs that opted for Esther McVey. Was Boris not quite incompetent or thick enough for them?

My thoughts exactly. They are choosing someone to be put forward to be the eventual Prime Minister of the country. The nine of them ought to be named and shamed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tory Leadership Race on 14:19 - Jun 13 with 1233 viewsNorthernr

Putting Johnson in charge is like when Shearer got the Newcastle job. Completely out of his depth, not up to it, an inevitable disaster, but you've kind of got to let it happen just to get it out of the way because nobody else will get a fair crack at the job until he has had it and fcked it up.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:21 - Jun 13 with 1222 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 13:08 - Jun 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Boris 114 votes

Esther McVey, Mark Harper and Andrea Leadsom out

Michael Gove: 37

Matt Hancock: 20

Mark Harper: 10

Jeremy Hunt: 43

Sajid Javid: 23

Boris Johnson: 114

Andrea Leadsom: 11

Esther McVey: 9

Dominic Raab: 27

Rory Stewart: 19
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 13:12]

Terrible news for Leadsom, Harper and McVey.

No seriously, my heart goes out to them, it really does.

Tory Leadership Race on 14:21 - Jun 13 with 1221 viewsrunningman75

Rory Stewart is increasingly impressive. I see myself as a centrist and has never voted Tory but would consider it if he was leader.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:26 - Jun 13 with 1206 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 13:59 - Jun 13 by derbyhoop

In a scenario not unlike a primary school playground where kids cue up to claim my dad's harder than your dad, all the candidates seem to be determined to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement. How many times do the EU, its officials and the Irish Government have to say NO before it sinks in?
They may look at the Political Declaration but there will be no credibility in any future negotiations if the EU backs down, on the WA that was agreed by the UK Government in November, at this late stage.

"but, but, but, he's a proper brexiter!"

"but, but, but, they need us....."

"but, but, but, german car manufactures..."

"but, but, but, my granddad and the trenches......"

you're wasting your breath here, application of zero logic or thinking beyond what the want to happen.

yeah, yeah, I know "wah, wah, wah, the other thread, wah, wah"
Tory Leadership Race on 14:28 - Jun 13 with 1205 viewsDorse

Don't the competitors that came in the bottom 3 have to face the dance-off? I was quite looking forward to Leadsom's charleston to 'Pass The Duchie'.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 14:30]

Tory Leadership Race on 14:35 - Jun 13 with 1189 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 13:59 - Jun 13 by derbyhoop

Sir Bill Cash (who I accept is a staunch leaver) said on the radio last night that the WA has not been signed by the UK Government OR the EU .

He was at great pains to emphasise that his information came from his position as Chair of the European Scrutiny Committee , a committee that includes Stephen Kinnock who could refute that easily .

Not to reopen it is of course the choice of the EU , but the ball is technically and legally still in play and is in their court.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:39 - Jun 13 with 1178 viewsloftboy

Tory Leadership Race on 14:26 - Jun 13 by baldyoldgit

"but, but, but, he's a proper brexiter!"

"but, but, but, they need us....."

"but, but, but, german car manufactures..."

"but, but, but, my granddad and the trenches......"

you're wasting your breath here, application of zero logic or thinking beyond what the want to happen.

yeah, yeah, I know "wah, wah, wah, the other thread, wah, wah"

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tory Leadership Race on 14:39 - Jun 13 with 1178 viewsNorthernr

Warming to the theme of these candidates as football managers - Andrea Leadsom is Steve Cotterill, ridiculously confident despite zero ability.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:53 - Jun 13 with 1148 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tory Leadership Race on 14:19 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Putting Johnson in charge is like when Shearer got the Newcastle job. Completely out of his depth, not up to it, an inevitable disaster, but you've kind of got to let it happen just to get it out of the way because nobody else will get a fair crack at the job until he has had it and fcked it up.

It's the damage than he can do in a short time that scares the living sh1t out of me. The man is so divorced from reality and no-one wants to point this out. His track record as Mayor should indicate exactly where his interests lie and the promise of tax cuts for the rich only furthers my distaste for him and all he stands for whilst divorcing himself from any responsibility for his actions. If it was a choice between him and Farage and you only had one bullet, you'd have to line them up so it passed through both of them.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024