Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 58013 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 15:18 - Jun 13 with 1563 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 14:53 - Jun 13 by Esox_Lucius

It's the damage than he can do in a short time that scares the living sh1t out of me. The man is so divorced from reality and no-one wants to point this out. His track record as Mayor should indicate exactly where his interests lie and the promise of tax cuts for the rich only furthers my distaste for him and all he stands for whilst divorcing himself from any responsibility for his actions. If it was a choice between him and Farage and you only had one bullet, you'd have to line them up so it passed through both of them.

You wont have to line em up , they will be working together in the next few months . IMO
Tory Leadership Race on 15:21 - Jun 13 with 1553 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 15:18 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

You wont have to line em up , they will be working together in the next few months . IMO

doing what?
Tory Leadership Race on 15:32 - Jun 13 with 1525 viewsDannytheR

Tory Leadership Race on 14:39 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Warming to the theme of these candidates as football managers - Andrea Leadsom is Steve Cotterill, ridiculously confident despite zero ability.

She and a ragbag of other MPs came to a parliamentary event I was at to support Grenfell survivors.

Good of her to come, but she honestly looked and behaved like someone with a concussion.

(To be fair, David Lammy was also very hard work.)
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:32]
Tory Leadership Race on 15:32 - Jun 13 with 1524 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 15:21 - Jun 13 by baldyoldgit

doing what?

As I have mentioned previously I expect them to enter a pact in the event of a General Election .
I wouldnt be surprised If Farage is involved in an in informal way in negotiations with the EU.

If he goes back to his Brexit party voters and says "this latest deal is the best we can get and we should take it " It will carry weight and IMO would pass
Tory Leadership Race on 15:37 - Jun 13 with 1517 viewsderbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 14:28 - Jun 13 by Dorse

Don't the competitors that came in the bottom 3 have to face the dance-off? I was quite looking forward to Leadsom's charleston to 'Pass The Duchie'.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 14:30]

That would certainly be far more entertaining than anything else likely to happen in the next week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 15:59 - Jun 13 with 1476 viewsNorthernr

Tory Leadership Race on 14:53 - Jun 13 by Esox_Lucius

It's the damage than he can do in a short time that scares the living sh1t out of me. The man is so divorced from reality and no-one wants to point this out. His track record as Mayor should indicate exactly where his interests lie and the promise of tax cuts for the rich only furthers my distaste for him and all he stands for whilst divorcing himself from any responsibility for his actions. If it was a choice between him and Farage and you only had one bullet, you'd have to line them up so it passed through both of them.

But if he doesn't get it then he'll just be scheming and backstabbing whoever does, again. And the sort of meatheads who think a funny appearance on HIGNFY outweighs a long CV of lying, deceit, racism and incompetence when it comes to picking a prime minister will still always say it would be better with him, should be given a chance, "says it like it is" and so on. It's a fcking disaster anyway, may as well let the overgrown man child come in and fck it up a bit more so he can get on with fcking the fck off afterwards.
Tory Leadership Race on 16:03 - Jun 13 with 1461 viewsR_from_afar

Warming to the theme of these candidates as football managers - Andrea Leadsom is Steve Cotterill, ridiculously confident despite zero ability.

Indeed. Raab is Owen Coyle: Cocky, chirpy, brimming with confidence, quite media friendly, bit spiky, but ultimately a useless and objectionable tw@t

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tory Leadership Race on 16:05 - Jun 13 with 1461 viewsFDC

Tory Leadership Race on 15:59 - Jun 13 by Northernr

But if he doesn't get it then he'll just be scheming and backstabbing whoever does, again. And the sort of meatheads who think a funny appearance on HIGNFY outweighs a long CV of lying, deceit, racism and incompetence when it comes to picking a prime minister will still always say it would be better with him, should be given a chance, "says it like it is" and so on. It's a fcking disaster anyway, may as well let the overgrown man child come in and fck it up a bit more so he can get on with fcking the fck off afterwards.

No one here has any way of verifying this, but I swear about 8 years ago I had a bizarre dream in which Trump and Johnson were giving a press conference as US president and UK PM. I posted something on FB along the lines of "just had a dream in which the world was run by a pair of dreadful Aryan babies". I'll have to dig it out.

What I'm saying is my psyche controls the future.

One of the most galling things about PM Johnson is that it just goes to show that moneyed arseholes like him always get what they want in the end.
Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 16:07 - Jun 13 with 1458 viewsFDC

Mark Harper is the desperate leftfield appointment your club makes that have to google.
Tory Leadership Race on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 1452 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tory Leadership Race on 16:05 - Jun 13 by FDC

No one here has any way of verifying this, but I swear about 8 years ago I had a bizarre dream in which Trump and Johnson were giving a press conference as US president and UK PM. I posted something on FB along the lines of "just had a dream in which the world was run by a pair of dreadful Aryan babies". I'll have to dig it out.

One of the most galling things about PM Johnson is that it just goes to show that moneyed arseholes like him always get what they want in the end.

Will you hurry up and dream about us having Remy available for the play-offs please?

Bare bones.

Tory Leadership Race on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 1449 viewsDannytheR

Without making this is a London/not London issue, I would imagine those of us who have actually had him in charge before are going to be looking at this differently from those of us who haven't.

Between the money wasted on his water cannon and the Routemasters, his popularity here was pretty much spent by the time he left, and that was *before* we all found out just how much of our money had been thrown away on the Garden Bridge. (53 million, I believe).

For Londoners, 8 years of Johnson certainly gave the lie to the idea of the Tories as economic safe pairs of hands.

Still, at least Britain won't be "spaffing" any money on pursuing perpetrators of historic child abuse with Boris as PM. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47560192
Tory Leadership Race on 16:10 - Jun 13 with 1442 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 15:32 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

As I have mentioned previously I expect them to enter a pact in the event of a General Election .
I wouldnt be surprised If Farage is involved in an in informal way in negotiations with the EU.

If he goes back to his Brexit party voters and says "this latest deal is the best we can get and we should take it " It will carry weight and IMO would pass

Farage had 24 UKIP MEPs in the EU for the last 3 years and had zero impact on the negotiations. He now has 29 UKIP 2.0 MEPs and is now suddenly he's going to be allowed to get involved? He represents 4% of the MEPs in Brussels. i cant see it.

However, just 3 weeks ago :

"Nigel Farage has urged Boris Johnson to ditch his backing for Theresa May's EU deal in exchange for an election tie-up between the Conservatives and the Brexit Party.
The former Ukip leader, whose new party is currently well ahead in the polls for Thursday's European elections, said he had a "real problem" with the Tory leadership hopeful's decision to vote for the Prime Minister's deal in March.
Mr Farage has previously held out the prospect of an electoral pact with any new Conservative leader who backs leaving the European Union without a deal."

So Boris has a problem when the EU says no to changes to the backstop. He goes back to Parliament to try and get May's deal through without the DUP or the nutters on the ERG and has Nige stabbing at him from the sidelines OR he tries to fight off Parliament trying to stop no deal but with Nige cheering him on. I think you're half right. I just dont see Boris accepting May's deal at all. He'll have to decide what he wants more : brexit or to stay on as PM. If he chooses brexit then he goes for no deal but if he wants the top job then it's another referendum or an election and then your 'pact' may come in to play.
Tory Leadership Race on 16:48 - Jun 13 with 1372 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 16:05 - Jun 13 by FDC

I once dreamed I ate a Cadbury's Creme Egg and the very next day I actually ate a Cadbury's Creme Egg. It freaked me out, I can tell you.

Sadly, my dream involving Stacey Dooley remains unrealised. Which is probably a great relief to her.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 1322 viewsstevec

Tory Leadership Race on 16:09 - Jun 13 by DannytheR

Without making this is a London/not London issue, I would imagine those of us who have actually had him in charge before are going to be looking at this differently from those of us who haven't.

Between the money wasted on his water cannon and the Routemasters, his popularity here was pretty much spent by the time he left, and that was *before* we all found out just how much of our money had been thrown away on the Garden Bridge. (53 million, I believe).

For Londoners, 8 years of Johnson certainly gave the lie to the idea of the Tories as economic safe pairs of hands.

Still, at least Britain won't be "spaffing" any money on pursuing perpetrators of historic child abuse with Boris as PM. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47560192

Judging by the level of this Boris hate campaign I can only assume Remainers are shítting their pants at the thought of him becoming PM.

Bottom line, as long as this abdication of democracy carries on with the Left, Liberals and soft left Tories defying the public vote, then Brexit will continue to over ride all aspects of a functioning Parliament.

The outcome has to honour democracy and that means out. It is the complete lack of integrity on the Remain side, their weasel reinvention of what is and isn't democracy that will condemn this nation.
Tory Leadership Race on 17:24 - Jun 13 with 1285 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Leadership Race on 17:12 - Jun 13 by stevec

Judging by the level of this Boris hate campaign I can only assume Remainers are shítting their pants at the thought of him becoming PM.

Bottom line, as long as this abdication of democracy carries on with the Left, Liberals and soft left Tories defying the public vote, then Brexit will continue to over ride all aspects of a functioning Parliament.

The outcome has to honour democracy and that means out. It is the complete lack of integrity on the Remain side, their weasel reinvention of what is and isn't democracy that will condemn this nation.

Yep remainers have handed Boris the keys to No:10
Maybe

Should have voted for May's I mean the EU's deal

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 18:02 - Jun 13 with 1243 viewsbaldyoldgit

blaming remainers for brexiters shite. again.

i hate boris because he's a lying, racist throwback. But cos he's got a posh accent and is eton educated a whole swathe of society lovingly swallow his bile. do you practice your forelock tugging in the mirror to get it just right?

leaving without a deal based on dodgy funding, lies and miss-information and you harp on about saving democracy. laughable.

stop crying about not getting your brexit while blaming the opposition. come up with a sensible plan that doesn't wreck the country or throw the union under the bus. bet you cant. and because you can't it someone else's fault? grow up.

what's condemned this nation is english exceptionalism and a whole generation of people believing fatuous tw ats like boris and farage.
Tory Leadership Race on 18:31 - Jun 13 with 1196 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tory Leadership Race on 18:02 - Jun 13 by baldyoldgit

i hate boris because he's a lying, racist throwback. But cos he's got a posh accent and is eton educated a whole swathe of society lovingly swallow his bile. do you practice your forelock tugging in the mirror to get it just right?

leaving without a deal based on dodgy funding, lies and miss-information and you harp on about saving democracy. laughable.

stop crying about not getting your brexit while blaming the opposition. come up with a sensible plan that doesn't wreck the country or throw the union under the bus. bet you cant. and because you can't it someone else's fault? grow up.

what's condemned this nation is english exceptionalism and a whole generation of people believing fatuous tw ats like boris and farage.

For a group of people apparently keen on the anti-establishment option we are incredibly quick to blindly rim Old Etonians.
Tory Leadership Race on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 1184 viewsTacticalR

Tory Leadership Race on 18:31 - Jun 13 by Watford_Ranger

For a group of people apparently keen on the anti-establishment option we are incredibly quick to blindly rim Old Etonians.

In Heroic Failure: Brexit and the Politics of Pain (2018) Fintan O'Toole argues that:

1. Brexit was always a game for Old Etonians.
2. Brexit was never supposed to happen. Nobody looked more shocked than Boris the day after the referendum.

Air hostess clique

Tory Leadership Race on 19:20 - Jun 13 with 1141 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:21]
Tory Leadership Race on 19:33 - Jun 13 with 1110 viewsQPR_John

Tory Leadership Race on 19:20 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:21]

I really am impressed. How much of your time do you spend surfing the net for these snippets
Tory Leadership Race on 19:43 - Jun 13 with 1080 viewsNed_Kennedys

Tory Leadership Race on 19:33 - Jun 13 by QPR_John

I really am impressed. How much of your time do you spend surfing the net for these snippets

He's got them already saved on his computer ready for use in emergencies.
Tory Leadership Race on 19:45 - Jun 13 with 1076 viewsstevec

Tory Leadership Race on 18:02 - Jun 13 by baldyoldgit

Whether you’re right or wrong, there was a democratic vote and a democratic vote needs to be honoured.

Bit of a running theme in Liberal quarters, Democrats Florida 2000, Gore in an unedifying attempt to overturn the democratic vote, the Liberal side of our establishment trying to reinvent democracy after losing the EU vote, a sustained campaign ever since the US presidency elections by Democrats fought purely through the courts on Russian intervention or any attempt to discredit the democratically elected encumbent but noticeably never by actually coming up with policy for the public they’re supposed to represent.

The sort of kids who spin a coin, lose, then demand its best of three. The type who lose a bet and demand double or quits until they get the answer that bails them out. The man who shakes on an outcome then reneges on his promise.

So you see, it’s not about forelock tugging, not about posh accents, it’s about an old fashioned word that rises above the empty rhetoric, something known as integrity.
Tory Leadership Race on 19:45 - Jun 13 with 1077 viewsbaldyoldgit

if you google "max hastings boris johnson" it's the 5th picture along. so about 2 seconds i should imagine,
Tory Leadership Race on 20:00 - Jun 13 with 1047 viewsderbyhoop

I know one shouldn't judge based on a handful of social media posts but Boris, as the Tory wet dream, horrifies an awful lot of people. I'd be interest to see if any polling company does a survey before the election is over. Would that even be allowed?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 20:06 - Jun 13 with 1030 viewsessextaxiboy

He has a special website that feeds him rebuttals to the issues of the day , thats right isnt it Baz ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024