Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How poor is this women’s football 18:38 - Jun 9 with 22576 viewsloftboy

Shocking defending by England for Scotland to pull one back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How poor is this women’s football on 18:54 - Jun 9 with 5334 viewsRassilon

A lot similar to John Stones for the men's team against the Netherlands.
How poor is this women’s football on 18:55 - Jun 9 with 5324 viewssmegma

How poor is this women’s football on 18:54 - Jun 9 by Rassilon

A lot similar to John Stones for the men's team against the Netherlands.

Sorry, nothing's as bad as Stones.
How poor is this women’s football on 19:35 - Jun 9 with 5236 viewsthame_hoops

It really is bad. The crowd noise reminds me going to Wembley back in the day for England school boy games
How poor is this women’s football on 19:50 - Jun 9 with 5200 viewsstevec

Prime time TV for how many weeks?
How poor is this women’s football on 19:59 - Jun 9 with 5167 viewsHayesender

Noticed there was no token man on the panel

Poll: Shamima Beghum

How poor is this women’s football on 22:31 - Jun 9 with 4968 viewsMoonshineSteve

I thought the second goal was superbly taken.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

How poor is this women’s football on 23:07 - Jun 9 with 4877 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think some of the players (all nations) are pretty good standard technically, been some great goals but highlights are about all I manage or I start falling asleep.

I have seen many worse male players and games.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

How poor is this women’s football on 06:22 - Jun 10 with 4721 viewsLblock

Disappointed to have watched it right to the end and then not one, not a single one of them, honoured the traditional swapping of shirts at the end of an international game.

The use of an analysis panel that are all one gender was also crass by the BBC in this day and age

I’m outraged

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

How poor is this women’s football on 08:03 - Jun 10 with 4643 viewspaesanu

Considering the lull in football, I've been watching the highlights. Players and fans seem to be enjoying the tournament, so more power to them.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

How poor is this women’s football on 08:06 - Jun 10 with 4637 viewsRblockPrior

Poor defending for that goal, but as mentioned not as bad as Stones for the mens team.

After watching a few games now I actually think the standard of Women's football has improved massively, the standard is quite good. Obviously people will default to the idea it is shocking when there is a poor mistake etc but as a whole I have been impressed with what I have seen.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

How poor is this women’s football on 10:13 - Jun 10 with 4449 viewsDorse

To be fair, we are connoisseurs of bad defending, having shipped 141 goals in our last 92 league games. We have experienced not only Joel Lynch but such luminaries as Zesh Rehman, Bob Malcolm and Gus Caesar. We know a thing or two about it, so if we say it's bad, it's bad.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How poor is this women’s football on 10:17 - Jun 10 with 4434 viewsozexile

How poor is this women’s football on 08:06 - Jun 10 by RblockPrior

Poor defending for that goal, but as mentioned not as bad as Stones for the mens team.

After watching a few games now I actually think the standard of Women's football has improved massively, the standard is quite good. Obviously people will default to the idea it is shocking when there is a poor mistake etc but as a whole I have been impressed with what I have seen.

Agree the Women's game has improved immeasurably. I enjoy watching it.
How poor is this women’s football on 10:53 - Jun 10 with 4371 viewsTheChef

How poor is this women’s football on 10:17 - Jun 10 by ozexile

Agree the Women's game has improved immeasurably. I enjoy watching it.

Yep I've enjoyed what I have seen so far, and very refreshing to see very little cheating/diving and backchat to the ref.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How poor is this women’s football on 11:18 - Jun 10 with 4328 viewsRassilon

How poor is this women’s football on 10:13 - Jun 10 by Dorse

To be fair, we are connoisseurs of bad defending, having shipped 141 goals in our last 92 league games. We have experienced not only Joel Lynch but such luminaries as Zesh Rehman, Bob Malcolm and Gus Caesar. We know a thing or two about it, so if we say it's bad, it's bad.

I know it's slightly off the original topic, but I found Thursday's England men's game surprisingly similar to watching the R's last season.

They got a single early goal and decided to sit on that for the rest of the ninety, timewasting against a technically better side. Never in control of the midfield, forwards who didn't look like scoring and a defence trying to play out from the back while not actually capable of that.
An equaliser let in because a defender facing the wrong way decided to turn round on the ball with the turning circle of an oil tanker and without knowing what was behind him, which meant the ball was pinched straight off him.
A last minute winner chalked off because of a dubious refereeing decision.

Totally QPR from start to finish (rant over).
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 11:19]
How poor is this women’s football on 11:43 - Jun 10 with 4256 viewsDorse

Joking aside, the first half yesterday was something else. If we could get our full backs and wide players to do combine the way they did, we might score a few more goals.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How poor is this women’s football on 11:47 - Jun 10 with 4249 viewsthame_hoops

More Importantly, which teams have the best looking women? feel free to share photos, so far I thought the scots looked like absolute munters

edit- argh cant share a photo
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 11:52]
How poor is this women’s football on 11:50 - Jun 10 with 4241 viewsRassilon

How poor is this women’s football on 11:43 - Jun 10 by Dorse

Joking aside, the first half yesterday was something else. If we could get our full backs and wide players to do combine the way they did, we might score a few more goals.

I do wonder whether resting Trent and co was a mistake Thursday. Koeman stuck van Dijk and Wijnaldum into his team, regardless of their playing in the CL final and his tactic got them to the final.
How poor is this women’s football on 11:52 - Jun 10 with 4226 viewsMick_S

How poor is this women’s football on 11:50 - Jun 10 by Rassilon

I do wonder whether resting Trent and co was a mistake Thursday. Koeman stuck van Dijk and Wijnaldum into his team, regardless of their playing in the CL final and his tactic got them to the final.

Yeah but we've got John Stones.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

How poor is this women’s football on 11:53 - Jun 10 with 4225 viewsWadR

Watched England v Scotland and South Africa v Spain. Both games very enjoyable and of an excellent standard I thought. The passage of play between Bronze, Houghton and Parris which included 3 nutmegs was a real highlight.

For those desperately concerned about male representation at this World Cup, not to worry! Jonathan Pearce was on commentary and one of the co-commentators was a male coach of a Scottish womens team. Dion Dublin has been on the punditry team for some games.
How poor is this women’s football on 12:31 - Jun 10 with 4166 viewsrunningman75

I was more concerned about the VAR penalty for England which I felt ruined the game. If this is the future of football I do not like it. Yes the game is quick and the r's have their fair share of decisions going against them but I would rather football was played to the whistle.
How poor is this women’s football on 12:44 - Jun 10 with 4118 viewsMrSheen

The standard is definitely improving, but very few of this generation of international players will have had the same amount of playing time as their male equivalents. You can see it in the attention they have to give to controlling the ball, which means that they don't have their heads up to watch the play develop around them. Plenty of times runners going ahead of the player taking possession were ignored because she didn't look up to see them until they had run past anywhere they could take the ball (I know it isn't just the women who do this!). It'll get better as girls who have had more playing time growing up come through.

The Scots defenders really need to get more distance on clearances though.
How poor is this women’s football on 14:10 - Jun 10 with 3978 viewsDavieQPR

Just wait for the transgenders to take over. The BBC would have an orgasm.
How poor is this women’s football on 14:22 - Jun 10 with 3935 views2Thomas2Bowles

How poor is this women’s football on 14:10 - Jun 10 by DavieQPR

Just wait for the transgenders to take over. The BBC would have an orgasm.

Well if there are any Female to Male ones, maybe we can sign a few.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

How poor is this women’s football on 14:34 - Jun 10 with 3904 viewsstowmarketrange

How poor is this women’s football on 12:31 - Jun 10 by runningman75

I was more concerned about the VAR penalty for England which I felt ruined the game. If this is the future of football I do not like it. Yes the game is quick and the r's have their fair share of decisions going against them but I would rather football was played to the whistle.

Even if that refs whistle cost us numerous points like last season?I would much prefer it to be used to overturn some terrible decisions given rather than spotting something not spotted by the officials.
As long as it helps to achieve consistent fairness to all teams I’m happy with it.
How poor is this women’s football on 14:45 - Jun 10 with 3883 views100percent

I've really enjoyed it so far. I thought the french side on friday would give anyone a game - they were strong, tight and dominant.
Actually finding the whole thing a breath of fresh air against the laboured bollarks we've seen from the men in the last few televised games...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024