Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justice/ Redemption 23:12 - Jun 11 with 3316 views2Thomas2Bowles

David McGreavy
In 1973 killed 3 children, then impaled their bodies on a fence

Prison 46 years and now released

Other child killers like Huntley could be out after 40 years

Others have whole life sentences

I'm flummoxed

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Justice/ Redemption on 23:33 - Jun 11 with 3279 viewsdigswellhoop

bring back death penalty
Justice/ Redemption on 00:54 - Jun 12 with 3228 viewstimcocking

Beyond disgusting. Not to mention, dangerous. A monster such as that will never be anything else.

Certain people, even if it isn't necessarily their own 'fault', can not be allowed to continue. Should have been put down to begin with.
Justice/ Redemption on 08:13 - Jun 12 with 3071 viewsloftboy

The worrying thing is they have said “he has learnt to control his feeling” ideas that mean he still has them and something could trigger him to do it again? No way should someone who has done this see the free light of day again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Justice/ Redemption on 08:36 - Jun 12 with 3049 views2Thomas2Bowles

The problem being the judge in 1973 gave a minimum of 20 years, a crazy sentence for the triple murder of children when he was 22 The ECHR ruled that review should be at 25 years and that whole life tariff did not come in till 2012 ish and I believe cannot be applied to previous cases.

I can not, for such a heinous crime, believe that there can be any redemption.

Justice/ Redemption on 08:45 - Jun 12 with 3032 viewstoboboly

The problem is that our sentences run concurrently rather than consecutively which would negate this issue.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Justice/ Redemption on 09:48 - Jun 14 with 2706 viewsonlyrinmoray

I've never understood why a life sentence is called that as it never is Why can't sentences be for a specific term
Justice/ Redemption on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 2678 views2Thomas2Bowles

Justice/ Redemption on 09:48 - Jun 14 by onlyrinmoray

I've never understood why a life sentence is called that as it never is Why can't sentences be for a specific term

The average is 9 years now, just looked it up.

Justice/ Redemption on 11:10 - Jun 14 with 2576 viewsloftboy

America has the right idea, remember a few years ago some bloke getting 4000 years, on appeal it was reduced to 1250.!

Login to get fewer ads

Justice/ Redemption on 11:46 - Jun 14 with 2538 viewsdannyblue

Sentences serve to:
1. Protect the rest of society from the offence happening again.
2. Deter others from committing similar offences.
3. Rehabilitate the offender to become a contributor to society.

I know nothing about this case apart from what I've just read on wikipedia. It sounds like a violent rage from an angry man who couldn't cope with young children crying. Absolutely terrible, but not calculated.

I have to presume a 68 year old after >40 years in prison is a very different man to a 22 year old. I expect 1 has been achieved, I'm sure 2 has (in that who would think "I'll happily murder these children, I'll only go inside for 45 years"), and I hope 3 has. I expect, however, it will be a miserable time outside for McGreavy.
Justice/ Redemption on 02:02 - Jun 17 with 2280 viewsJigsore

Justice/ Redemption on 11:10 - Jun 14 by loftboy

America has the right idea, remember a few years ago some bloke getting 4000 years, on appeal it was reduced to 1250.!

the American prison system is quite honestly one of the most tragic things in a tragic country.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Justice/ Redemption on 08:06 - Jun 17 with 2198 viewsloftboy

Justice/ Redemption on 02:02 - Jun 17 by Jigsore

the American prison system is quite honestly one of the most tragic things in a tragic country.

The prisons yes, the sentencing no.

Justice/ Redemption on 14:53 - Jun 17 with 2026 viewsCliff

Justice/ Redemption on 08:06 - Jun 17 by loftboy

The prisons yes, the sentencing no.

It could well be that the sentencing is whats causing the problem over there. There are so many people in prison with no possibility of getting out, they can do just about anything and there's no effective punishment available,

Sentences do need to be longer here, but there still needs to be some realistic reward for good behaviour
Justice/ Redemption on 15:28 - Jun 17 with 1982 viewsDavieQPR

I am against time off for good behaviour. It should be time added on for bad behaviour.
Justice/ Redemption on 15:35 - Jun 17 with 1968 viewskensalriser

Does Clive really need all these potentially controversial threads?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Justice/ Redemption on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 1928 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As someone who has actually worked in the US criminal justice system and been in many jails from county up to federal level, including death row, all I can say is that anyone who thinks the US criminal legal and penal systems are models for the rest of the world, is deluded at best!

And anyone who thinks the death penalty is the answer in a criminal justice system as bad as there’s or, as the UK’s is going, needs their head examined.

But if you’re happy with a shambolic system; with appalling living and working conditions; that is loaded against the poor; inherently racist; with increasingly high rates of recidivism; poor value for money; and which actually only seems to enrich companies like G4S, then I guess America’s systems are for you!

If you want to reduce crime, it starts with good schools and jobs; it also requires a criminal justice system that is fair: how come benefit cheats get treated one way, whereas those who fiddle billions on the FX another? Yes, I agree, if people go to prison then a sentence should mean something, but all our prisons are doing, is churning out more prisoners, putting our taxes up as a result and not doing a good job.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Justice/ Redemption on 22:32 - Jun 17 with 1813 viewsLazyFan

Justice/ Redemption on 09:48 - Jun 14 by onlyrinmoray

I agree Life should mean Life.
But no to the Death penalty as its a complete waste of time and money.

Only right-whingers who are whinging all the time like lame babies demand to waste billions on G4S as they are totally irresponsible with money and think it grows on trees, whilst claiming the left do this who only want it for REAL jobs, would show their lame lack of leadership and the complete relentless mismanagement of the economy forever (not just short term) would want this anti-austerity measure (funny how austerity never affects this).

What a bunch of cry babies the right are.
Ahhh didums!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Justice/ Redemption on 23:31 - Jun 17 with 1774 viewsGloucs_R

Justice/ Redemption on 22:32 - Jun 17 by LazyFan

Only right-whingers who are whinging all the time like lame babies demand to waste billions on G4S as they are totally irresponsible with money and think it grows on trees, whilst claiming the left do this who only want it for REAL jobs, would show their lame lack of leadership and the complete relentless mismanagement of the economy forever (not just short term) would want this anti-austerity measure (funny how austerity never affects this).

Ahhh didums!

How the hell did we get into a political left v right debate, again? Leave that crap to twitter

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Justice/ Redemption on 00:57 - Jun 18 with 1735 viewstimcocking

Justice/ Redemption on 22:32 - Jun 17 by LazyFan

Ahhh didums!

'What a bunch of cry babies the right are. '

I think it just might be the most ironic statement made all year, that really is priceless.

[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 1:05]
Justice/ Redemption on 21:36 - Jun 19 with 1548 viewsHayesender

British justice

https://mol.im/a/7157507

I am speechless

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024