Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"show purposes" 13:37 - Jun 14 with 1198 viewshubble

Because I always select 'reject all' or no adverts or whatever whenever I visit a website, I'm always asked to reaffirm my choices every single time I visit the same website again. I feel this taking the p1ss. If you "accept cookies" i.e. accept all the trackers and other crap that seeks to know your every bloody move, then you are NEVER asked again. But every single time I visit a bloody news site I have to go through the rigmarole all over again. Does anyone else experience this frustrating reality, or do you all simply accept the stuff without a second thought?

"show purposes" on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 1164 viewsNorthernr

I've only had to accept them once on here and never seen the box again. But lots of sites I use ask me every time, and it doesn't seem to change whether I say yes or no.
"show purposes" on 14:19 - Jun 14 with 1131 viewsLythamR

I understand you frustration but technically if you dont allow a cookie to be set how would the web site know you had visited the site previously
"show purposes" on 14:27 - Jun 14 with 1120 viewsCroydonCaptJack

"show purposes" on 14:02 - Jun 14 by Northernr

I've only had to accept them once on here and never seen the box again. But lots of sites I use ask me every time, and it doesn't seem to change whether I say yes or no.

Same here.
Certain sites ask every time even if you have accepted before.
I just accept through gritted teeth. This GDPR business, far from improving things has actually made them worse in my opinion because most sites take a belt and braces approach.
"show purposes" on 14:31 - Jun 14 with 1109 viewsNorthernr

"show purposes" on 14:19 - Jun 14 by LythamR

I understand you frustration but technically if you dont allow a cookie to be set how would the web site know you had visited the site previously

But I've clicked accept and not accept at various points on, say, The Poke, but it still asks me every time.
"show purposes" on 21:16 - Jun 14 with 1014 viewsLythamR

"show purposes" on 14:31 - Jun 14 by Northernr

But I've clicked accept and not accept at various points on, say, The Poke, but it still asks me every time.

sorry my post was in response to Hubble but yours popped in between them

if you are accepting cookies and it asks you when you return perhaps you have something in your browser setting thats stops them being stored for some or all sites or perhaps you have a security utilty running that regularly removes the cookies. Worth checking if it happens on multiple sites.
"show purposes" on 22:03 - Jun 14 with 1000 viewshubble

"show purposes" on 21:16 - Jun 14 by LythamR

sorry my post was in response to Hubble but yours popped in between them

if you are accepting cookies and it asks you when you return perhaps you have something in your browser setting thats stops them being stored for some or all sites or perhaps you have a security utilty running that regularly removes the cookies. Worth checking if it happens on multiple sites.

Thanks Peter - yes I'm not accepting cookies, that's my choice, so I don't want to be asked again, but of course if there's no cookie the site doesn't recognise me. Ok. My idealistic/reasonable stance is that there should be (maybe there is) a 'neutral' cookie (as an option) that shows what you've chosen before.

I use the Brave browser by the way, I think it's fantastic. Way faster than Firefox or Chrome. And with fantastic built in features that include tracker blockers and even a Tor browser if you want it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024