Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wallace, weve had one of these before too 17:01 - Jun 14 with 2445 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-wallace-completes-qpr-move/

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:04 - Jun 14 with 2427 viewsMytch_QPR

Gromit incoming - they come as a pair.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:04 - Jun 14 with 2425 viewsenfieldargh

Blimey, just checked his wiki page, he died in 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Wallace_(footballer)

captains fantastic

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:07 - Jun 14 with 2394 viewsrunningman75

According to the QPR site the registration is subject to international clearance. Is Scotland an independent nation now?
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:09 - Jun 14 with 2373 viewsSharpy36

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:07 - Jun 14 by runningman75

According to the QPR site the registration is subject to international clearance. Is Scotland an independent nation now?

Just thinking myself that seems odd.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:13 - Jun 14 with 2347 viewssimmo

Quite like this signing. With youth throughout the team and not as many experienced heads in the dressing room, getting a few senior players is key. Warburton talks about him governing previous dressing rooms and that's what we'll need. Free transfer, 2-year deal, old enough to know the craic but not at Aaron Hughes wing back level and in a position we desperately needed to sign for. Hopefully this is Warburtons Clint Hill.

He will almost definitely be absolute dog toffee now.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 17:13]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:17 - Jun 14 with 2317 viewsNorthernr

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:09 - Jun 14 by Sharpy36

Just thinking myself that seems odd.

As far as FIFA and UEFA are concerned, they are, hence there are England and Scotland teams. Separate FAs = international clearance. Same when you buy players from Cardiff, even though they're literally in the same league as us.

Think clubs have been caught out before signing players from Wales and playing them without international clearance, lower down the leagues. Can't bring a specific example to mind though...
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:26 - Jun 14 with 2263 viewsenfieldargh

you mean we applied for international clearance for Joel Lynch?

captains fantastic

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:30 - Jun 14 with 2230 viewsSharpy36

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:17 - Jun 14 by Northernr

As far as FIFA and UEFA are concerned, they are, hence there are England and Scotland teams. Separate FAs = international clearance. Same when you buy players from Cardiff, even though they're literally in the same league as us.

Think clubs have been caught out before signing players from Wales and playing them without international clearance, lower down the leagues. Can't bring a specific example to mind though...

You live and learn.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:31 - Jun 14 with 2227 viewsterryb

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:07 - Jun 14 by runningman75

If we sign a player from Cardiff or Swansea we would require international clearance as well! That is, unless they have recently changed these clubs to being under the FA & mot Welsh FA.

It was well worth our waiting for Mutch & Caulker to be approved!
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:41 - Jun 14 with 2191 viewsonlyrinmoray

Haven't had any Scots for years then sin two on the same day btw. Andy Thomson goal scorer for us back in the mists of time is the assistant Scotland ladies team manager
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:45 - Jun 14 with 2168 viewsterryb

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:41 - Jun 14 by onlyrinmoray

Haven't had any Scots for years then sin two on the same day btw. Andy Thomson goal scorer for us back in the mists of time is the assistant Scotland ladies team manager

You don't regard Jamie Mackie as Scottish?
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 18:06 - Jun 14 with 2089 viewsDorse

Hooray! Something not related to politics!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 18:16 - Jun 14 with 2034 viewsToast_R

Reserving judgement here but hmmm
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 18:33 - Jun 14 with 1980 viewsDejR_vu

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:13 - Jun 14 by simmo

Quite like this signing. With youth throughout the team and not as many experienced heads in the dressing room, getting a few senior players is key. Warburton talks about him governing previous dressing rooms and that's what we'll need. Free transfer, 2-year deal, old enough to know the craic but not at Aaron Hughes wing back level and in a position we desperately needed to sign for. Hopefully this is Warburtons Clint Hill.

He will almost definitely be absolute dog toffee now.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 17:13]

Comes across really well in the interview. MW’s captain at Rangers. Loads of experience, in a team looking to develop young players. International. Not old at 31. Looks very decent all things considered.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 21:05 - Jun 14 with 1806 viewsrsonist

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 18:33 - Jun 14 by DejR_vu

Comes across really well in the interview. MW’s captain at Rangers. Loads of experience, in a team looking to develop young players. International. Not old at 31. Looks very decent all things considered.

Yeah I was on the fence before but the interview's swayed me, he does come across extremely well and exactly like MW's on-field general how we imagined. Definitely a personality the squad hasn't had for a while.

Now let's see if his fitness holds up.
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 09:50 - Jun 15 with 1562 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great interview. I like this fella.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 10:28 - Jun 15 with 1526 viewsFDC

Seems a solid enough signing from what people have said. Arguably though a successful season would mean we don't see that much of him, as you'd hope we'd have someone for the future playing at LB for a good amount of games.
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 11:08 - Jun 15 with 1476 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone know how tall he is? Wiki says 6ft 1 whilst soccerbase says 5ft 9.

I hope the former is nearer the truth.
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 12:06 - Jun 15 with 1434 viewskensalriser

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:45 - Jun 14 by terryb

You don't regard Jamie Mackie as Scottish?

Born in Surrey, so no.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 12:19 - Jun 15 with 1423 viewsterryb

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 12:06 - Jun 15 by kensalriser

Born in Surrey, so no.

It was said very tongue in cheek!

However, I 've met many a Scotsman that was born in England to Scottish parents. They would go ballistic if you referred to them as anything bur a Scot.
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 14:17 - Jun 15 with 1310 viewsrsonist

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 10:28 - Jun 15 by FDC

Seems a solid enough signing from what people have said. Arguably though a successful season would mean we don't see that much of him, as you'd hope we'd have someone for the future playing at LB for a good amount of games.

No way he's come here to not be first choice and (after the season he's just had) play as many games as fitness allows.

Manning playing a double role is probably it for cover there this season on our budget. Hopefully we still pick up a non-league or released academy teen somewhere with the understanding of him being out on loan.
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 14:23 - Jun 15 with 1303 viewsDannyPaddox

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:04 - Jun 14 by Mytch_QPR

Gromit incoming - they come as a pair.

[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 16:33]
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 15:42 - Jun 15 with 1220 viewsPinnerPaul

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 17:17 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Of course means that UK get 4 votes/places on IFAB (The people who come up with all those lovely new laws!) - we're never going to give up those by forming a UK team/FA
Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 21:50 - Jun 15 with 1052 viewsTW_R

Wallace, weve had one of these before too on 12:19 - Jun 15 by terryb

It was said very tongue in cheek!

However, I 've met many a Scotsman that was born in England to Scottish parents. They would go ballistic if you referred to them as anything bur a Scot.

I believe he qualified to play for Scotland because of his grandfather.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024