Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals 10:35 - Jun 16 with 3013 viewsfreddieeddie

I am in Budapest watching Corinthian Casuals play in the Corinthian Cup. We won our semi final yesterday 3-0. Today we play in the final at 1630. We have stayed in the same hotel as the players, had breakfast and dinner with the squad. Travelled to the games with them and my son was mascot. As much as I will always love QPR a huge part of my heart is now with the Casuals. Such an amazing history and the club are so accessible to the fans. About 70 Casuals fans are here singing away, been a fantastic trip.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 11:41 - Jun 16 with 2951 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy it lads.

Up the Chocolate and Pink!
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 18:35 - Jun 16 with 2768 viewsCheshireR

Enjoy.
I was hoping to make it over for this tournament, but the timings haven't quite worked for me.
The below link details the background to what will hopefully prove to be an annual event.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/news/egri-erbstein-tournament

Erno Erbstein was a true footballing pioneer, his biography by Dominic Bliss is a great read.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 18:44 - Jun 16 with 2755 viewsjohncharles

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 11:41 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy it lads.

Up the Chocolate and Pink!

Up the chocolate and pink ???????? 😳😳🤭🤭😱😱😱 steady on young man.

Strong and stable my arse.

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 20:02 - Jun 16 with 2703 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 18:44 - Jun 16 by johncharles

Up the chocolate and pink ???????? 😳😳🤭🤭😱😱😱 steady on young man.

Sounding very much like that Alex Higgins joke from way back!
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 07:19 - Jun 17 with 2565 viewsfreddieeddie

What an amazing weekend. Won the final 1-0 in the last minute. Approx 100 Casuals fans at the game. Have to say that was not far behind QPR at Wembley and winning the Chanpionship. Met two fellow QPR fans at the game which was a pleasure. Celebrated with pictures on the pitch with my son and the players/management. I just love this club. No-one gets paid a penny to play for us, that’s what football should be about. Vai Corinthians.

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 08:12 - Jun 17 with 2531 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got them mixed up with Old Corinthians.

While learning about the two just now I found this. How marvelous.

'As far as they were concerned, a gentleman would never commit a deliberate foul on an opponent. So, if a penalty was awarded against the Corinthians, their goalkeeper would stand aside, lean languidly on the goalpost and watch the ball being kicked into his own net. If the Corinthians themselves won a penalty, their captain took a short run-up and gave the ball a jolly good whack, chipping it over the crossbar'

Sounds like a good weekend.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 11:45 - Jun 17 with 2416 viewssmegma

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 08:12 - Jun 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I got them mixed up with Old Corinthians.

While learning about the two just now I found this. How marvelous.

'As far as they were concerned, a gentleman would never commit a deliberate foul on an opponent. So, if a penalty was awarded against the Corinthians, their goalkeeper would stand aside, lean languidly on the goalpost and watch the ball being kicked into his own net. If the Corinthians themselves won a penalty, their captain took a short run-up and gave the ball a jolly good whack, chipping it over the crossbar'

Sounds like a good weekend.

I can assure you the 'Corinthian spirit' no longer exists at the casuals. Saw them lose at Ashford in the FA Cup two seasons ago and they were the most arrogant bunch of players, management, directors and fans I've come across in non league football. It was an embarrassment. As for them not getting paid, BS believe me.
Yet when I went to see them play at home to Bognor in January it was a totally different story.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:02 - Jun 17 with 2405 viewsstevec

My son played against a youth side of theirs some years ago, must admit it was the cleanest game of football I've ever witnessed.

It felt a bit 'Mr Cholmondley Warner' but cleansed the soul after some of the South London outfits they'd been up against.
Login to get fewer ads

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:13 - Jun 17 with 2397 viewsMick_S

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:02 - Jun 17 by stevec

My son played against a youth side of theirs some years ago, must admit it was the cleanest game of football I've ever witnessed.

It felt a bit 'Mr Cholmondley Warner' but cleansed the soul after some of the South London outfits they'd been up against.

Same here in the Middx Cup a few years ago. Don't like Tolworth Tower much.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:29 - Jun 17 with 2377 viewsstevec

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:13 - Jun 17 by Mick_S

Same here in the Middx Cup a few years ago. Don't like Tolworth Tower much.

Can't say he ever came up against them but the name alone breaks you out in a cold sweat.

He played a cup game against a Feltham team once, Tony Adams was their manager and his son was playing up front. His boy was like a windmill, he couldn't play football, but his elbows were lethal.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:44 - Jun 17 with 2364 viewsrunningman75

Sounds a good trip. Hope you did not have too much Palinka.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:45 - Jun 17 with 2360 viewsMick_S

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:44 - Jun 17 by runningman75

Sounds a good trip. Hope you did not have too much Palinka.

It's a great place, a beautiful city and I'm lucky enough to be going back in October.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 13:04 - Jun 17 with 2343 viewsfreddieeddie

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 11:45 - Jun 17 by smegma

I can assure you the 'Corinthian spirit' no longer exists at the casuals. Saw them lose at Ashford in the FA Cup two seasons ago and they were the most arrogant bunch of players, management, directors and fans I've come across in non league football. It was an embarrassment. As for them not getting paid, BS believe me.
Yet when I went to see them play at home to Bognor in January it was a totally different story.

I can assure you it does exist. I went to about 20 games this season. At the end of the day they are men battling away for their team so things can spill over like any club. Trust me mate I know for a fact the players don’t get paid a penny, not even expenses. That is 100% guaranteed.

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 14:31 - Jun 17 with 2289 viewsrunningman75

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 12:45 - Jun 17 by Mick_S

It's a great place, a beautiful city and I'm lucky enough to be going back in October.

I had a girlfriend from north east Hungary and spent a romantic few days there with her before visiting her family. They had home made palinka and kept telling her mother and sister how beautiful they were which did not go down well with her.
Went back to Budapest a couple of years later in September for a half marathon was nearly 30 degrees celcius and most beautiful city run I have done.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 15:35 - Jun 17 with 2259 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 11:45 - Jun 17 by smegma

Not having a go Smegma, but that is some claim that needs to be backed up!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 15:39]
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 17:31 - Jun 17 with 2216 viewssmegma

Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 13:04 - Jun 17 by freddieeddie

I can assure you it does exist. I went to about 20 games this season. At the end of the day they are men battling away for their team so things can spill over like any club. Trust me mate I know for a fact the players don’t get paid a penny, not even expenses. That is 100% guaranteed.

When I saw them lose at Ashford Town (over by Heathrow) a club official complained to me in the bar at half time 'the refs a homer isn't he'. I told him no and I'm a neutral'. During the game, they surrounded the ref at every decision. They had a player sent off having committed 3 fouls in the 5 minutes he was on the pitch.The keeper ran from his own box to the Ashford box to remonstrate with the ref. The manager shouted 'you've given us nothing all game ref' so I replied 'except the 5 free kicks on the edge of the box that you put over the bar'. He gave me a hand signal. Having lost 2-0 a CC fan shouted at the ref 'I raped your wife last night'. A local woman burst out crying. In the clubhouse the same official and some fans and players were still blaming the officials until a young sub piped up 'we can moan all day long, but we were awful in every department today and deserved nothing. Losing today has cost us enough money to pay for a coach to the next 3 away games'. Then to top it all, the manager brought a large plastic box into the bar and put it on a table. One by one he called out CC players names and handed each one an envelope. A bloke from Ashford said "I've never met a more classless club in all my years in football". I totally agreed with him.
Good luck today Corinthian Casuals on 22:29 - Jun 17 with 2163 viewssmegma

http://www.corinthian-casuals.com/match-reports3/category/ashford-town
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024