Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carabao Cup Draw Fun 12:03 - Jun 17 with 5351 viewsAntti_Heinola

This year, the draw won't be in Malaysia at 4.30am BST so that the Far East can be the first to update their Carabao Cup wallcharts with the word that Northampton are playing Swindon (obviously I'm talking nonsense there - we'll be drawn against Northampton of course). No, it will be in London. At a Morrison's, obviously, and I know what you're thinking: 'Of course! Why has no one thought of that before?!' Maybe you're right - maybe it *is* too much of a cliche. But I applaud their willingness to do the draw in the country in which the matches will be happening. That takes real guts.
The draw will be made by John Barnes and Brian Borrows, who have to open packets of cereal and find the toy in the cornflakes/rice krispies/muesli. That toy will denote a club in some way, and the results of the draw will be carved into a specially baked extra-large loaf of wholemeal bread.

Bare bones.

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:21 - Jun 17 with 3684 viewsmakaveli1882

Morrisons in Colindale what a joke.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:27 - Jun 17 with 3653 viewsrunningman75

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48661944 I thought this post was a wind up but here is the link.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:55 - Jun 17 with 3578 viewsKonk

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:27 - Jun 17 by runningman75

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48661944 I thought this post was a wind up but here is the link.

Magic. I'd like to see each club represented by a ball with a unique barcode. Barnes and Parlour are each standing at their own self-service till, with a basket containing all the balls between them. They take it in turns to scan a ball, whereupon the team will either flash up on the self-service screen or Barnes/Parlour will have to look around in mild desperation until a woman 62 year old woman called Pam or Barbara scurries over and helps them find the relevant club from the touch screen menus.

So as not to inconvenience the people of Colindale, I would have the store remain open during the draw.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:04 - Jun 17 with 3552 viewsqprxtc

QPR will be drawn as "Unexpected item in the bagging area".
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:11 - Jun 17 with 3539 viewsAntti_Heinola

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:04 - Jun 17 by qprxtc

That's Round 2.

Bare bones.

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:45 - Jun 17 with 3477 viewsLunarJetman

They'll do a trolley race round the carpark to see who draws the home teams. Then the team balls will be drawn from a burnt out Skoda in the corner near to where 'twitchy Dave' the local tramp sleeps who can be heard in the background during the draw shouting at the recycling bins...
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:51 - Jun 17 with 3463 viewsLythamR

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:45 - Jun 17 by LunarJetman

They'll do a trolley race round the carpark to see who draws the home teams. Then the team balls will be drawn from a burnt out Skoda in the corner near to where 'twitchy Dave' the local tramp sleeps who can be heard in the background during the draw shouting at the recycling bins...

Probably no Coincidence that Morrisons are pushing hard into Thailand currently
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:53 - Jun 17 with 3452 viewsDavieQPR

Most of those clubs are past their sell by date but maybe we can pick up some players on BOGOF deals.
Login to get fewer ads

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:55 - Jun 17 with 3443 viewsNorthernr

I'd like a panicked underage member of staff to frantically wave for assistance from a senior whenever some absolutely massive team like Leeds or Derby or Forest or Leeds are drawn out.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:55 - Jun 17 with 3443 viewsMick_S

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:21 - Jun 17 by makaveli1882

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:58 - Jun 17 with 3435 viewsMick_S

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:55 - Jun 17 by Konk

Magic. I'd like to see each club represented by a ball with a unique barcode. Barnes and Parlour are each standing at their own self-service till, with a basket containing all the balls between them. They take it in turns to scan a ball, whereupon the team will either flash up on the self-service screen or Barnes/Parlour will have to look around in mild desperation until a woman 62 year old woman called Pam or Barbara scurries over and helps them find the relevant club from the touch screen menus.

So as not to inconvenience the people of Colindale, I would have the store remain open during the draw.

Great idea - I think this could work with Ferrero Rochers - you know, add a bit of class. Maybe a Terry's Chocolate Orange - I'm not sure.

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:01 - Jun 17 with 3421 viewsDannyPaddox

John Barnes will pull QPR out from the frozen food section or however they're gonna do it and just before the away team is announced - a lost Uber Eats driver will burst in and shout "Paris St. German - Thin Crust!" In unison the shoppers in the till queues go "Ooooh tough one for QPR that one" In the confusion Barnes get done for shoplifting.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:02 - Jun 17 with 3418 viewsMrSheen

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:21 - Jun 17 by makaveli1882

Did someone say Colindale?

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:07 - Jun 17 with 3398 viewsMick_S

Like this - 18 seconds in - "will play Fulham."

[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 14:09]

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:17 - Jun 17 with 3376 viewssimmo

Fúcking hell

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:17 - Jun 17 with 3376 viewsDannyPaddox

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:07 - Jun 17 by Mick_S

Like this - 18 seconds in - "will play Fulham."

[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 14:09]

Ambassador wiz zis away trip to Northampton you are really spoiling us
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 3359 viewsKonk

If we don’t go with the self-service till idea, we could use the Cigarette till/death desk. Each club has their badge cut out and stuck onto one of the number boards that you’d use on a manual cricket scoreboard. They’re shuffled-up and then all Placed in a pile in the cigarette storage cabinet. John Barnes, pulls the grey shutter across to reveal a club’s badge - “Tranmere Rovers” - he then quickly shuts the cabinet before placing the club board into a trolley, at which point Graham Kelly takes control of the store’s PA system and speaking into the mic, says “Will play...”. Ray Parlour then slides the shutter open again, revealing their opponent (“Oxford United)

Or each trolley contains a different clubs badge. Two stacks of trolleys. Barnes pops a £1 coin into the slot and pulls the trolley back to reveal the home side, “Sheffield Wednesday” - Graham Kelly is stood in the middle, passing out £1 coins from a bucket, “will play...”, Parlour pops his £1 in and pulls back his trolley...”Oldham Athletic”. When they run out of trolleys, “that concludes the draw etc.”.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 3344 viewsrunningman75

After the goalkeeper of Sutton United suspended for eating a meat pie during the FA cup wondering if there will be a bet on what John Barnes will be eating?
Carabao Cup Draw Fun (n/t) on 14:30 - Jun 17 with 3335 viewsMick_S

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:26 - Jun 17 by runningman75

After the goalkeeper of Sutton United suspended for eating a meat pie during the FA cup wondering if there will be a bet on what John Barnes will be eating?

[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 14:38]

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 20:43 - Jun 17 with 3075 viewsHunterhoop

And to add real authenticity, several of the barcodes need to be faulty, requiring manual barcode typing in. Any errors in typing it in by Barnes or Parlour automatically results in the team in question being switched the being the away side....or knocked out. Whatever. Magic of the cup.

The basic Supermarket Sweep idea could be employed. Every item in an aisle has a club’s attached to it. Barnes and Parlour dash around the aisle scooping products off the shelf before hurtling towards the tills. Each item scanned will reveal the next team in the draw. Fast paced and one for all the family.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 22:47 - Jun 17 with 2923 viewssmegma

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:26 - Jun 17 by runningman75

Forget what he will be eating.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 03:37 - Jun 18 with 2808 viewsLoftgirl

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:04 - Jun 17 by qprxtc

Assistance required.
Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 12:04 - Jun 18 with 2583 viewsconnell10

Sounds like something Josh Fiddler from Carry on Camping would come up with ...." That will be a pound."

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 14:32 - Jun 19 with 2376 viewsDorse

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 13:51 - Jun 17 by LythamR

Probably no Coincidence that Morrisons are pushing hard into Thailand currently

Somehow, somewhere, Graham Norton has just exploded.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Carabao Cup Draw Fun on 07:48 - Jun 20 with 2171 viewstoboboly

Would like AFC away (close to the folks), Orient away (easy to get to/from).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024