Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton 17:01 - Jun 17 with 5159 viewsHayesender

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lee-bowyer-leaves-charlton-addicks-

I'd be gutted if I was a Charlton fan

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:03 - Jun 17 with 4102 viewsNorthernr

One of the more mental official statements you'll read...

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d07a7df422e2/charlton-unable-to-reach-an-agree
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:06 - Jun 17 with 4079 viewsrunningman75

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:03 - Jun 17 by Northernr

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d07a7df422e2/charlton-unable-to-reach-an-agree

You need to put that underneath every post slagging off Tony Fernandes next season.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 17:06]
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:09 - Jun 17 with 4058 viewsCammington

What did it say? They've taken their website down! Always a good sign.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:16 - Jun 17 with 4032 viewsNorthernr

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:09 - Jun 17 by Cammington

What did it say? They've taken their website down! Always a good sign.

It rambled on for quite some time about how they didn't want to give him a long contract because a new owner would only want to sack him anyway, and that they've offered him LOADSA MONEY but he's a bit greedy, and that he wanted his agent to do the negotiations which they didn't like because they thought he'd then only sign players from that agent and it was a conflict of interest. Babbled on for a bit about how they won't be having a permanent manager, just a caretaker, for the new season, and that if Bowyer wants to change his mind he can.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:32 - Jun 17 with 3959 viewssmegma

What a bizarre story. And the link worked for me 5 minutes ago.........
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:36 - Jun 17 with 3940 viewsrsonist

Unless he fancies the Hull job he'll probably end up back there when the takeover goes through, if it goes through.

Still found the money to snap up Macauley Bonne from Orient today though I see. Perhaps we might want to get a wriggle on ourselves if we fancy any lower league signings this summer....
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:39 - Jun 17 with 3933 viewsNorthernr

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:36 - Jun 17 by rsonist

Unless he fancies the Hull job he'll probably end up back there when the takeover goes through, if it goes through.

Still found the money to snap up Macauley Bonne from Orient today though I see. Perhaps we might want to get a wriggle on ourselves if we fancy any lower league signings this summer....

As it stands though, they're pitching strongly for lead role in the Three Teams Worse Than QPR quest.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:54 - Jun 17 with 3871 viewsderbyhoop

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:39 - Jun 17 by Northernr

As it stands though, they're pitching strongly for lead role in the Three Teams Worse Than QPR quest.

Jonny Williams is being let go.
Various clubs have looked at Bauer.
They only need to lose Lyle Taylor and they could end up making last year's Bolton look like a model club.

Tend to agree with Clive that they are already looking a good relegation bet. Even more than us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:54 - Jun 17 with 3869 viewsNorthLondonR

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:16 - Jun 17 by Northernr

It rambled on for quite some time about how they didn't want to give him a long contract because a new owner would only want to sack him anyway, and that they've offered him LOADSA MONEY but he's a bit greedy, and that he wanted his agent to do the negotiations which they didn't like because they thought he'd then only sign players from that agent and it was a conflict of interest. Babbled on for a bit about how they won't be having a permanent manager, just a caretaker, for the new season, and that if Bowyer wants to change his mind he can.

Love the following. Almost as if they haven't bothered to correct the actual owners exact words....

"The owner understands Lee’s point of view, because many Championship clubs pay huge amounts (some pay millions of £ per year) to their manager. It is fair that Lee feels he should be paid like many other Championship managers. That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy."
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 17:59]
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 18:21 - Jun 17 with 3773 viewsGloucs_R

Lamps to Chelsea. Bowyer to Derby?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 19:42 - Jun 17 with 3526 viewsrsonist

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 19:44 - Jun 17 with 3519 viewsDejR_vu

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:03 - Jun 17 by Northernr

That’s putting it kindly. Bizarre.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 20:30 - Jun 17 with 3379 viewsrsonist

I was wondering about that...

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 21:28 - Jun 17 with 3250 viewsDannyPaddox

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 18:21 - Jun 17 by Gloucs_R

That's one game of c-unts chess.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 21:47 - Jun 17 with 3205 viewsMrSheen

Getting the band back together with Jonathan Woodgate?
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 00:44 - Jun 18 with 2960 viewstimcocking

An astonishing official statement.

In some ways, i liked it. It appeared to be a person telling the truth instead of the usual diplomatic bollox we endure, that says as little as possible and leaves us to read between the lines. They simply told the truth, good for them.

Even if it seems extremely unprofessional and i'd no way have released that myself.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 00:48 - Jun 18 with 2956 viewstimcocking

It's funny, isn't it? Frank Lampard has enough experience to manage Chelsea after one season whereas Chris Ramsey was seriously deemed too inexperienced to manage QPR by some of our support after about 20 years.

And these kind of people are always so certain they are right about everything.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 07:27 - Jun 18 with 2814 viewskingo

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 00:48 - Jun 18 by timcocking

It's funny, isn't it? Frank Lampard has enough experience to manage Chelsea after one season whereas Chris Ramsey was seriously deemed too inexperienced to manage QPR by some of our support after about 20 years.

Personally I don’t think Fat Frank is a good manager. I think that Derby underachieved for a team with the players (loans) that they had. I hope he goes down to SW6 and they drop like a lead weight, and hopefully he takes the racist with him as assistant.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 08:37 - Jun 18 with 2701 viewsNorthernr

Apparently Bowyer has signed the deal now! Wtf is going on down there?
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 08:38 - Jun 18 with 2699 viewsMaggsinho

And now he's signed a new one year extension.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/18/lee-bowyer-agrees-to-stay-on-as
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 09:16 - Jun 18 with 2631 viewsloftus77

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 17:39 - Jun 17 by Northernr

Exactly- this is all that matters. Feel sorry for their predicament, but needs must. I also have our friends in Bermondsey, and Wigan (if Paul Cook was to leave) pencilled in (faintly).
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 09:21 - Jun 18 with 2613 viewsNorthernr

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 09:16 - Jun 18 by loftus77

Exactly- this is all that matters. Feel sorry for their predicament, but needs must. I also have our friends in Bermondsey, and Wigan (if Paul Cook was to leave) pencilled in (faintly).

If Monk does indeed walk out on Birmingham they're a contender, been flirting with the drop for ages. Luton will be working on a tiny budget but have been used to winning over a long period of time. Barnsley, again, tiny budget.
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 10:12 - Jun 18 with 2529 viewssmegma

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 00:48 - Jun 18 by timcocking

After 20 years ????
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 10:39 - Jun 18 with 2466 viewsLunarJetman

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 10:12 - Jun 18 by smegma

After 20 years ????

Tim's been on the sauce already today!
Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 10:40 - Jun 18 with 2464 viewsrsonist

Lee Bowyer quits Charlton on 08:37 - Jun 18 by Northernr

Apparently Bowyer has signed the deal now! Wtf is going on down there?

Times claiming they doubled the contract offer (to £400k).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024