Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 19:43 - Jul 1 with 5494 viewsGloucs_R

With Big Smith gone, we will need two. Hogan plus who do you reckon?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers on 19:48 - Jul 1 with 3766 viewseghamranger

Hogan?!?
Strikers on 19:56 - Jul 1 with 3691 viewsLowerloftLad

villa want the cash so hogan deal is off

kids with no championship experience and scotish premier league players replacing the core of the squad anyone else a little anxious
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 19:57]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Strikers on 20:23 - Jul 1 with 3511 viewsSnipper

I can’t see MW letting big Smith go without having another striker lined up.

But, this is QPR.
Strikers on 20:29 - Jul 1 with 3478 viewsHunterhoop

I have high hopes Oteh can play a big part this year. His performance against Leeds in the FA Cup was excellent and very promising. He’s physical and quick enough. First touch and reading of the game still TBC, but i’m hopeful.

Lewis Walker I just don’t see making it from what i’ve Seen and what Smegma has said from watching him more than anyone.

So we’re talking about hoping one lad has his break through season. We need 3 more forwards for a Champ campaign because we will get injuries. We struggled last season with Smith, Wells, Hemed, Oteh, and even Sylla last year!

Bloody tough ask to find 3 forwards, at least 2 of Champ standard, hopefully getting 30+ goals between the 4 of them with 5 weeks to go. Surely we have a couple lined up and Smith’s sale was to free up some cash.
Strikers on 20:47 - Jul 1 with 3363 viewsrsonist

I was shocked the budget stretched to Barbet so who knows if Hogan really is attainable. But yeah you pray the club have some other cunning ideas too.
Strikers on 21:03 - Jul 1 with 3254 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warburton comes across as being a very methodical person, clearly building from the back and the Club are doing a great job of coordinating signings to reinforce this.

Last season, we had a very strong midfield on paper (Freeman, Luongo and Pav), but of course they were always looking over their shoulders trying to bail out a very shaky back three, four or five.

So far (assuming we are going to lose Freeman and Luongo), so to date we have a well balanced looking squad:

GK: Lumley / Kelly
RB: Furlong / Kakay
CB: Hall / Leistner
CB: Babet / Furlong
LB: Wallace / Manning
DCM: Amos / Babet
CM: Smith / Scowen / Manning
RM: BOS / Shodipo / Eze
LM: Eze / Chair / Manning
"10": Eze / Smyth
"9": ? / ? / Oteh

Only two places to fill, using a bit of the cash (in fee and/or salary saving) expected for Freeman and Luongo.

I'm looking forward to next year - that'll last until mid-August I am sure.
Strikers on 21:04 - Jul 1 with 3248 viewsCroydonCaptJack

No way are we getting three new strikers in.
There's this FFP thing.
Strikers on 21:12 - Jul 1 with 3195 viewseghamranger

I wonder if crouch has signed a new contract recently.

Out of contract at the moment... surely the club could give him a new iPhone with a 12 month contract
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 21:16 - Jul 1 with 3176 viewsHastings_Hoops

Jonson Clarke-Harris from Bristol Rovers anyone?
Strikers on 21:24 - Jul 1 with 3124 viewsLblock

Strikers on 21:16 - Jul 1 by Hastings_Hoops

Jonson Clarke-Harris from Bristol Rovers anyone?

Indeed

I recall he played for Rotherham against us years ago and I thought he was a great prospect then. Think he was out for a while with an ACL?

I’d take a punt on him.

I think we need three strikers in myself!
We’ve lost 3 now in Smith, Wells and Hemed (bit of a stretch that last one I know) and I don’t think Oteh can step up at the moment due to his loan deal being far from successful. Really hoping Warbs can sign two for a pittance and also get a loan in to supplement

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Strikers on 21:33 - Jul 1 with 3058 viewscolinallcars

Perhaps we should have kept Lynch. He played as an extra forward a couple of times when we were chasing a game in extremis, to quote a dead language 🤮
Strikers on 21:42 - Jul 1 with 3009 viewsDavieQPR

At the moment the team looks set to play a False 9 system. Warburton doesn't use a Plan B. So be surprised, but not shocked, if we don't get any strikers in. This system does rely on the front three getting at least 10 goals each and with other players chipping in with a few.
Strikers on 21:47 - Jul 1 with 2985 viewsNorthernr

I think we'll just go in with Oteh, nobody else.

I don't think this obviously, but I'm looking forward to a month of panic on here and social media about that being the case.
Strikers on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 2895 viewsderbyhoop

You would expect the club to have a replacement striker lined up.
But this is QPR.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers on 22:05 - Jul 1 with 2885 viewsNorthernr

Spurs Academy bloke we spoke to today for the Amos piece said he'd heard more Spurs juniors would be coming our way while Warburton is here, with another deal all but agreed and ready to go. What child strikers do they have?
Strikers on 22:21 - Jul 1 with 2790 viewsGloucs_R

We've also been linked to the Donny striker John Marquis

The other villa striker who can't score for toffee

Kazaiah Sterling had been mentioned, but seems very similar to Oteh

Wheeler can play up front of we are really short.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers on 22:23 - Jul 1 with 2774 viewsbosh67

I really want Warburton to succeed but I have a bad feeling that letting big Matt go is a huge huge mistake. One that may come back to haunt us. Other teams have played with a false number 9 but I get the feeling we will be playing with a false forward line.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Strikers on 22:28 - Jul 1 with 2741 viewsrsonist

Strikers on 22:05 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Spurs Academy bloke we spoke to today for the Amos piece said he'd heard more Spurs juniors would be coming our way while Warburton is here, with another deal all but agreed and ready to go. What child strikers do they have?

Troy Parrott would be very nice... but Kaziah Sterling seems the obvious candidate.

I was looking at their youth squad the other day, really you could see plenty ending up here at some point. Mainly plenty of midfielders at the tipping point though, which we don't really need now. Modern football for you I suppose...
Strikers on 22:32 - Jul 1 with 2723 viewsrsonist

Strikers on 22:23 - Jul 1 by bosh67

I really want Warburton to succeed but I have a bad feeling that letting big Matt go is a huge huge mistake. One that may come back to haunt us. Other teams have played with a false number 9 but I get the feeling we will be playing with a false forward line.

This is getting ridiculous. Get a grip people.
Strikers on 22:33 - Jul 1 with 2715 viewsBostonR

Strikers on 22:05 - Jul 1 by Northernr

The only one with any game time is Kazaiah Sterling.
Strikers on 23:49 - Jul 1 with 2513 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't think for a minute we'd have let Smith go without at least one striker being incoming and I do agree we could do with three but I just can't see us getting that many. I could see one established and one gamble/loan coming in though. I would be happy with that tbh.
Strikers on 08:14 - Jul 2 with 2166 viewsTheChef

Strikers on 21:33 - Jul 1 by colinallcars

Perhaps we should have kept Lynch. He played as an extra forward a couple of times when we were chasing a game in extremis, to quote a dead language 🤮

You're right, he was much less of a liability up front than he was at the back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Strikers on 15:58 - Jul 2 with 1891 viewsderbyhoop

Letting Big Smith go, even if he was i the last year of his contract doesn't seem too clever at the moment.
From last year's side, assuming both Freeman and Luongo also go, we've lost these goals
Wells - 9
Matt Smith and Freeman - 8 each
Hemed - 7
Wszolek

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers on 16:06 - Jul 2 with 1841 viewsderbyhoop

Letting Big Smith go, even if he was i the last year of his contract doesn't seem too clever at the moment.
From last year's side, assuming both Freeman and Luongo also go, we've lost these goals
Wells - 9
Hemed - 7
Wszolek -6
Luongo and Lynch - 3 each
Cameron and Cousins - 1 each

That's 46 goals we are down. For a side that doesn't score prolifically that is a big hole in the side.

Strikers on 16:09 - Jul 2 with 1820 viewsLongsufferingR

Strikers on 16:06 - Jul 2 by derbyhoop

Wells - 9
Hemed - 7
Wszolek -6
Luongo and Lynch - 3 each
Cameron and Cousins - 1 each

That's 46 goals we are down. For a side that doesn't score prolifically that is a big hole in the side.

Yes but if Amos and Smith mkII score 23 each, we're fine.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 16:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024