Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR 09:53 - Jul 2 with 1605 viewstoboboly

As this place is far better at advice than terrible government websites I wanted to get some info.

I have a potential issue that I didn't realise existed until last night. I am getting married next month at a church. As I understood it this meant that I did not need to register with the local authority. However after having a meeting with the vicar yesterday over the orders of service this church is different and doesn't read the bands.

So, I then looked up details of registering with the local authority and it seems to be overly complicated and you can only get to talk to them if you book an appointment which seems to take weeks and then they need you to give a months notivce prior to the wedding.

Any help/advice etc would be much appreciated.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 10:00 - Jul 2 with 1588 viewsDannyPaddox

Don't do it.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 1569 viewsBerkoRanger

Ignore him! I've been married for over 40 years and if both of you fairly give and take, marriage will be great.You'll have a partner, friend, lover etc for life.
Citizens advice will know - and I would have thought the church minister would know also.

All the best, mate.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 10:42 - Jul 2 with 1533 viewsrsonist

loftforwords.gov.uk
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 11:11 - Jul 2 with 1492 viewsessextaxiboy

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 10:08 - Jul 2 by BerkoRanger

Ignore him! I've been married for over 40 years and if both of you fairly give and take, marriage will be great.You'll have a partner, friend, lover etc for life.
Citizens advice will know - and I would have thought the church minister would know also.

All the best, mate.

Seconded , Mrs Taxiboy has put up with me for 38 years. She has had her life dominated by football , with me playing and watching and our boys the same . I still often get a random text saying "Come on U rRRS" just before kick off . Her love and loyalty still completely baffles me ........

Is there another Church in the parish that do read Banns ?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 11:17]
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:01 - Jul 2 with 1443 viewsJAPRANGERS

Take the plunge mate and good luck!

Regular sex and regular good meals init??
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 12:01]
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:14 - Jul 2 with 1418 viewsRblockPrior

You do normally have register and give at least a 4-6 notice as it needs to be open to the public for anyone to object or voice concerns. That said I am sure there is a way around it

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:31 - Jul 2 with 1391 viewsTonto

I got married aboard (Mrs Tonto's home town) and still had to register with the LA.

Its a fairly simple process from memory (15 years) but I think you have to make an appointment.

My advice is not to bury your head in the sand, just do it... you cant be wrong then.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:42 - Jul 2 with 1377 viewstoboboly

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:31 - Jul 2 by Tonto

I got married aboard (Mrs Tonto's home town) and still had to register with the LA.

Its a fairly simple process from memory (15 years) but I think you have to make an appointment.

My advice is not to bury your head in the sand, just do it... you cant be wrong then.

What a morning!

Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow after they fitted me in despite no space, fairplay to them for that. Needed bank statements that were direct from the bank so had to head to a branch in the city who then told me they don't have the facility to print out customers bank statements! Fcking progress eh?! Managed a work around so should all be good for tomorrow.

As an aside why on earth do you have to give a months notice? In this modern era what is the purpose? Surely they can check enough details from my passport etc to know my life story?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:52 - Jul 2 with 1353 viewsWokingR

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:42 - Jul 2 by toboboly

What a morning!

Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow after they fitted me in despite no space, fairplay to them for that. Needed bank statements that were direct from the bank so had to head to a branch in the city who then told me they don't have the facility to print out customers bank statements! Fcking progress eh?! Managed a work around so should all be good for tomorrow.

As an aside why on earth do you have to give a months notice? In this modern era what is the purpose? Surely they can check enough details from my passport etc to know my life story?

That might be the trouble
They might already know your life story
Good luck mate.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 1341 viewsjohncharles

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 10:08 - Jul 2 by BerkoRanger

All the best, mate.

Far too sensible a post to be on here. Where’s the “ bring back Crouchie” thread ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:56 - Jul 2 with 1341 viewsToast_R

What a ball ache church weddings are. I had to attend mine for 6 months prior to the wedding, get to meet the vicar and his congregation and then once wed, disappeared back into agnostic obscurity. Until our sons christening of course but by then we lived elsewhere anyway and once you'e given them the cheque, it's all good.

Also had to attend the band readings at the church in my wife's parish which was even more of a ball ache and the vicar had a steely resemblance to James Earl Jones.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 1327 viewsjohncharles

What a morning!

Why have one person doing the work in an hour when you can have three people taking a fortnight.

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 13:04 - Jul 2 with 1321 viewsjohncharles

Just like to say I’m sure we all wish well

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 15:04 - Jul 2 with 1228 viewsBoston

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:31 - Jul 2 by Tonto

Did you marry a sailor Tonts?

Me, rocking on for a mere 31 years with Mrs Boston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 15:13 - Jul 2 with 1214 viewsfrancisbowles

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 12:56 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

What a ball ache church weddings are. I had to attend mine for 6 months prior to the wedding, get to meet the vicar and his congregation and then once wed, disappeared back into agnostic obscurity. Until our sons christening of course but by then we lived elsewhere anyway and once you'e given them the cheque, it's all good.

Also had to attend the band readings at the church in my wife's parish which was even more of a ball ache and the vicar had a steely resemblance to James Earl Jones.

Lucky it wasn't James Earl Ray!
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 19:51 - Jul 2 with 1128 viewsOutWestR

What a morning!

The month’s notice is there to give anyone time to make an objection and I guess it’s a ‘cooling off’ period too (probably to stop pi$$ed people getting married on a whim).

Agree though, feels a bit antiquated.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 22:14 - Jul 2 with 1088 viewsToast_R

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 15:13 - Jul 2 by francisbowles

Lucky it wasn't James Earl Ray!

I half kept expecting him to morph into a serpent during the lords prayer.
Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 22:43 - Jul 2 with 1059 viewsBoston

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 19:51 - Jul 2 by OutWestR

The month’s notice is there to give anyone time to make an objection and I guess it’s a ‘cooling off’ period too (probably to stop pi$$ed people getting married on a whim).

Agree though, feels a bit antiquated.

I'd say most Elvis impersonators would tend to agree with you.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Registering a Marriage Advice - Non-QPR on 03:08 - Jul 3 with 1022 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What a morning!

I believe the notice is intended as a cooling off period in order to avoid shotgun weddings. Somewhat dated given the recent announcement to make divorce easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024