Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club 01:01 - Jul 10 with 4692 viewsnumptydumpty

I notice recently it seems both nottingham forest and leeds who are both have said to have been interested in signing luongo have changed their minds.

He has been left at home so we are all assuming thats because he is not in the plans of the manager you would be led to assume

Is anyone on the lines along with myself thinking we would actually be better off keeping luongo if we can.

It would seem he is not a consideration of warburtons plans but I for one would be more pleased if he actually stayed this season

As things stand we have a very inexperienced squad and I feel luongo still being here would be a positive

I cant believe his fee would be substantial and I cant believe he is on wages that are out of reach for our club even now

For some people he is a bit of a marmite player but even though what he does has never seen as outstanding - he is a player that has always seemed to be missed when he is not in the team or squad and results have always been markedly better over a long period with luongo playing...

I have always liked him in the team - the shape and style and effectiveness of the team have often been worse when he has been sidelined. For me it happened all too often for it to have been a coincidence in my eyes anyhow

If all suitors changed their mind for me that would be a positive

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 01:19 - Jul 10 with 2965 viewsozranger

Where do you get the notion that Luongo is not in MW's plans? I thought the whole reason for him staying in London was because QPR were about to sell him. The last thing you want for a player you want to get money from is to get injured in a training session in a foreign country. If Luongo doesn't get sold during this summer window, and I'm expecting him to be gone, then I am sure there would be no problems with him settling back into the team without any problems.

That said, my heart would love for him to stay as he, with Freeman, were part of the reason we were able to do so well (oh, ok) last season. However, for monetary reasons that Clive has been banging on on too many occasions mean that we need to sell out prime assets when they, well, are prime assets. It will take a few seasons for QPR to get themselves into a state where we will be able to hold on to these players as we get more and more prime assets. Well, I hope that will be the case. In the meantime, players like Luongo will be sold for the profit we deserve, or close to that, and we will use the money to buy new assets that we hopefully develop into prime assets to sell on in the future for more profit.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 02:03 - Jul 10 with 2938 viewsnumptydumpty

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 01:19 - Jul 10 by ozranger

Where do you get the notion that Luongo is not in MW's plans? I thought the whole reason for him staying in London was because QPR were about to sell him. The last thing you want for a player you want to get money from is to get injured in a training session in a foreign country. If Luongo doesn't get sold during this summer window, and I'm expecting him to be gone, then I am sure there would be no problems with him settling back into the team without any problems.

That said, my heart would love for him to stay as he, with Freeman, were part of the reason we were able to do so well (oh, ok) last season. However, for monetary reasons that Clive has been banging on on too many occasions mean that we need to sell out prime assets when they, well, are prime assets. It will take a few seasons for QPR to get themselves into a state where we will be able to hold on to these players as we get more and more prime assets. Well, I hope that will be the case. In the meantime, players like Luongo will be sold for the profit we deserve, or close to that, and we will use the money to buy new assets that we hopefully develop into prime assets to sell on in the future for more profit.

Err -Two clubs rumoured be interested dropped out and if he was in the managers plans he would have been in austria

the club have been saying he is available - les was quoted also

to me that says he is on his way and not in the managers plans !!!!!

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 02:08 - Jul 10 with 2933 viewsnumptydumpty

we not going get much more than couple million for him - hardly make or break even in our cash strapped terms

i just stating a point I am not against him not being bought even though he is clearly being touted out to the highest bidder !!!

Think for the amount money we get for him even in ffp times we better off if he was kept

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 04:19 - Jul 10 with 2868 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You just know that this time next year, this board will have several posters in meltdown because ‘we should have sold him last year and not let him leave on a free!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 06:23 - Jul 10 with 2798 viewscyprusmel

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 04:19 - Jul 10 by PlanetHonneywood

You just know that this time next year, this board will have several posters in meltdown because ‘we should have sold him last year and not let him leave on a free!’

This is the key point, he has one year left on his contract, if he is not sold now he will walk away on a free next season.
I'm sure I read that he wants to move on and although it will suit him to see out his contract it will not be good for us.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 06:31 - Jul 10 with 2784 viewsLblock

I’d sell him asap

I do see his effectiveness to a point but for me he goes missing too ofte; usually after transatlantic missions. I’ve always preferred the rat in there if I’m honest.
OP says squad is inexperienced but adding a Scotland international stalwart, Rangel, possibly Cameron into the mix with players like Scowen, Leinster and even Hall doesn’t shout too novice to me.
I’d love us to finally re sign Crouch if the wages were right (pay as you play even) to give experience up top but he’s probably not a Warbs type player. Shame.
Hopefully Cameron gets confirmed and we add a gnarly type hold up striker plus a Lacey raw striker prospect.

Key thing is to hit the ground running and not have a Schteeeve type start. Love to see us dog out a draw at Sjoke

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 07:25 - Jul 10 with 2692 viewsNorthernr

Every penny we don't get for him by losing him for free next summer will have to be recouped somewhere else - a signing we were going to make but can't, a player we don't necessarily want to let go but now have to, a player we think is worth X but need to sell for Y just to get him out the door and money flowing through.

I like him as a player but I'm realistic about the situation we've got ourselves into.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 07:29 - Jul 10 with 2682 viewscyprusmel

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 06:31 - Jul 10 by Lblock

I’d sell him asap

I do see his effectiveness to a point but for me he goes missing too ofte; usually after transatlantic missions. I’ve always preferred the rat in there if I’m honest.
OP says squad is inexperienced but adding a Scotland international stalwart, Rangel, possibly Cameron into the mix with players like Scowen, Leinster and even Hall doesn’t shout too novice to me.
I’d love us to finally re sign Crouch if the wages were right (pay as you play even) to give experience up top but he’s probably not a Warbs type player. Shame.
Hopefully Cameron gets confirmed and we add a gnarly type hold up striker plus a Lacey raw striker prospect.

Key thing is to hit the ground running and not have a Schteeeve type start. Love to see us dog out a draw at Sjoke

I wouldn't mind Peter Crouch either and i'm sure he would agree a reasonable wage with us he knows our circumstances.
Age I don't see as a problem he is still fit and is in the main injury free
Important thing is he has said he wants to play here again. I'm sure he would be good to have in the dressing room he comes across as a very likeable and fun guy.
His hold up play is good and he never lost any speed because it wasn't there to start with.
If he had been here last season with the amount of chances that Matt Smith had and failed to put away (who I liked) we would have been top half finishers IMO.

That's what's good about football we all have our likes and dislikes with many hundreds of variables in between. If you were to put 20 people in a room and asked them to pick a team and subs the chances are there wouldn't be two teams the same.
Don't you just love this wonderful game of ours I can't wait for the start of the new season when the peaks and troughs of our team start all over again.
Optimism, yes I've got some.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 07:35 - Jul 10 with 2663 viewsNorthernr

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 06:31 - Jul 10 by Lblock

I’d sell him asap

I'm very intrigued by the three home games we have to start with. I don't fancy Huddersfield, Swansea or Wigan to do anything much this season, can we stick 7/9 points on the board from those? They'll be my first indication of how much bother we're in.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:13 - Jul 10 with 2452 viewsstevec

There's a 'biggest con you've pulled' thread on here, reckon Luongo's agent should have posted on that.

Quite how he got Luongo an extended contract on higher wages with that stunt about a Chinese team ready to snap him up should be written in legend.

I am keen to see a Luongoless team, long term, if only to see if this club can ever return to something a little less pedestrian than the snail like efforts of the last four seasons.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:15 - Jul 10 with 2448 viewsPikey

Massimo was told he was not in the plans as 2 or 3 players could be signed for his wages. So I think he should go with our thanks and support for the future.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:19 - Jul 10 with 2441 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 07:35 - Jul 10 by Northernr

I'm very intrigued by the three home games we have to start with. I don't fancy Huddersfield, Swansea or Wigan to do anything much this season, can we stick 7/9 points on the board from those? They'll be my first indication of how much bother we're in.

--CliveWilsonSaid quietly tiptoes out the front door - down the road to Paddy Power - life savings on Huddersfield, Swansea and Wigan for promotion--

No seriously, if we get more than 4 points from those three games I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm less optimistic than I was this time last year and that wasn't very optimistic either.

As for Luongo i'd be surprised if we get more than £1m for him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:21 - Jul 10 with 2429 viewscaliforniahoop

I am looking forward to a new MF, bored of the previous one.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:37 - Jul 10 with 2384 viewsqpr1976

Haven’t we brought in 3 DM’s already ? So I think we’re planning on his departure. Thus not in Austria (maybe we’re touting him as ‘Buy Luongo, get Goss & Kakay free’ ?

Is anyone still interested though, if NF & LU have pulled away ?
A million would be most I’d expect if I’m honest.

However, happy for him to stay, if no suitors.
Just stop him from flying off to get splinters in his ’Arris for Oz.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:50 - Jul 10 with 2345 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone remember how long it took him to get going after his world cup disappointment?

Now that the decision has been made, I hope that we can get the move done otherwise we risk being left with an unhappy and by our standards expensive player.

Thanks Mass you've been very good for us and good luck for the future.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:55 - Jul 10 with 2328 viewsterryb

I like Luongo, but the club needs to try to find a buyer for him now.

Receiving a fee of one or two million would help this season's finances enormously & the reduction on wages would also contribute.

I'm looking forward to seeing Amos & Smith, but with Scowen also available I doubt that Luongo would start the season in the selected eleven. I'm also intrigued as to which of our attacking youngsters will be in the side at the start of the season.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:21 - Jul 10 with 2255 viewsHunterhoop

I’m really looking forward to Amos and Smith.

But at the same time I think Luongo is very underrated. He makes us tick when he’s on song. We are easily walked through when he’s not playing. His tackle stats will be extremely hard to replace in a physical league, especially by two young lads.

He’s more integral to us than anyone else over the last few seasons, save for Freeman. Losing your two most influential players and standing still, let alone improving is bloody tough.

That said, with those two loanees, Manning, Scowen, arguably Hall, and possibly Cameron, we’re overloaded there. However, I don’t think Scowen’s passing or touch are anywhere near good enough to play CM in a passing team. He cannot pass.

Nevertheless, we need revenue. We can’t have a valuable asset walk for nothing in June. We have other options in that position, and it’s probably best to free up his salary for 1-2 new forwards, which we desperately need.

We should be getting £3m for him though. Given Leeds have just got rid of Jansen, Leeds might be a good move for both parties.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:26 - Jul 10 with 2241 viewsNorthernr

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:13 - Jul 10 by stevec

There's a 'biggest con you've pulled' thread on here, reckon Luongo's agent should have posted on that.

Quite how he got Luongo an extended contract on higher wages with that stunt about a Chinese team ready to snap him up should be written in legend.

I am keen to see a Luongoless team, long term, if only to see if this club can ever return to something a little less pedestrian than the snail like efforts of the last four seasons.

And if we're good, you'll say "see, told you Luongo was sht".
And if we're bad, you'll say "yeh, but that's nothing to do with losing Luongo".
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:30 - Jul 10 with 2224 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 09:13 - Jul 10 by stevec

we saw the luongoless team at one stage last season.
We didn't win a game.

Bare bones.

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:39 - Jul 10 with 2207 viewsrobith

I think we covered it extensively in the other thread - I really like him, but as Clive says, he simply can not leave for free at the end of the season. We have to get some cash for him
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 2201 viewsrsonist

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 07:25 - Jul 10 by Northernr

Every penny we don't get for him by losing him for free next summer will have to be recouped somewhere else - a signing we were going to make but can't, a player we don't necessarily want to let go but now have to, a player we think is worth X but need to sell for Y just to get him out the door and money flowing through.

I like him as a player but I'm realistic about the situation we've got ourselves into.

Sure. It's imperative we get something for him now as Les says, and consequently it's a good idea to focus on the new blood we've brought in.

My concern though is if that he wasn't in talks with anyone when we left him behind - I haven't seen anything to the contrary - then we've left ourselves no room for manoeuvre. We have to take anything pretty much. Was "no pre season but you don't have to buy a plane ticket from Austria" supposed to make him more attractive to buyers? Did it matter if Charlie Owens is at the camp instead of him? It's firesale logic...

As it stands it looks like he'll still be here when they get back and we'll likely just get tuppence for him last day of the window from somewhere where he'll be a squad player. I'm not saying taking him to Austria would have helped to sell him, I don't really know what else the club could have done tbh. If he's been available for several windows now and there haven't been any serious buyers there's no getting around that. But it's another in a long line of investments unrealised.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:44 - Jul 10 with 2190 viewsNorthernr

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:40 - Jul 10 by rsonist

Sure. It's imperative we get something for him now as Les says, and consequently it's a good idea to focus on the new blood we've brought in.

My concern though is if that he wasn't in talks with anyone when we left him behind - I haven't seen anything to the contrary - then we've left ourselves no room for manoeuvre. We have to take anything pretty much. Was "no pre season but you don't have to buy a plane ticket from Austria" supposed to make him more attractive to buyers? Did it matter if Charlie Owens is at the camp instead of him? It's firesale logic...

As it stands it looks like he'll still be here when they get back and we'll likely just get tuppence for him last day of the window from somewhere where he'll be a squad player. I'm not saying taking him to Austria would have helped to sell him, I don't really know what else the club could have done tbh. If he's been available for several windows now and there haven't been any serious buyers there's no getting around that. But it's another in a long line of investments unrealised.

Agree. Unless he's staying here for talks with somebody then it makes no sense.
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:48 - Jul 10 with 2178 viewsrsonist

You could argue that - in this market - we could still get more from some desperate promotion chasing lot for him in January after a productive half season than we would selling for anything now.

We'd then have to replace him seamlessly midseason, but we're only working with loans anyway so...

But this is all speculation. Logic would dictate he is in talks, just everyone's been verrrrry quiet about it. Logic and QPR, never let me down yet...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 10:51]
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 12:04 - Jul 10 with 2030 viewsrobith

Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 10:48 - Jul 10 by rsonist

You could argue that - in this market - we could still get more from some desperate promotion chasing lot for him in January after a productive half season than we would selling for anything now.

We'd then have to replace him seamlessly midseason, but we're only working with loans anyway so...

But this is all speculation. Logic would dictate he is in talks, just everyone's been verrrrry quiet about it. Logic and QPR, never let me down yet...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 10:51]

But then he'd only have half a season left on his contract i.e the tactic we used to get Freeman's price down
Is anyone hoping luongo doesn't get picked up by any other club on 12:13 - Jul 10 with 1997 viewsDavieQPR

Luongo is out of contract at the end of this season and has intimated that he will not sign a new contract. So choice is a) sell him now for money, or, b) lose him at the end of the season for nothing. Not much of a choice really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024