Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria 20:04 - Jul 10 with 13300 viewsstowmarketrange

Not a very good weather forecast for Vienna on Friday then.Showers on Friday and thunderstorms on Saturday.Berlin all over again then.
Austria on 11:16 - Jul 15 with 2081 viewssmegma

Big shout out to Radomir Krivokapic who drove 7 hours from his home in Belgrade, Serbia to be in Vienna. He runs a QPR themed bar Queens Garden in Belgrade and hates Partizan more than we do!!
Austria on 11:36 - Jul 15 with 2035 viewsDannyPaddox

Austria on 09:26 - Jul 15 by smegma

Was you the guy in the half Austria/half QPR shirt ??

An Rs-schluß shirt!?
Austria on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 2016 viewsAustrianHoop

Austria on 11:12 - Jul 15 by smegma

Thank god for that !!! I was sat behind the dugouts on the half way line as the away section was diabolically bad. This bloke was walking around talking to anyone wearing a QPR shirt. I had a t shirt on but ignored him when he tried to talk to me in the queue for some drinks.

I didn`t even see this bloke, even though I probably was not sitting too far away from you. Sounds pretty embarressing ...
Austria on 11:44 - Jul 15 with 1999 viewsAustrianHoop

Austria on 11:40 - Jul 15 by AustrianHoop

I didn`t even see this bloke, even though I probably was not sitting too far away from you. Sounds pretty embarressing ...

And anyway ... I was there with my wife and I never act stupid when she is around ...
Austria on 11:45 - Jul 15 with 1991 viewsLongsufferingR

Austria on 11:04 - Jul 14 by DannyPaddox

Kit-wise you've nailed it there though strangely it's growing on me. Alas I don't like the flappy collars and custard-piping of the home kit.

Watched the first half of the Vienna game. Impressed with Barbet and Amos. I liked some of the football we played especially considering it was the very first game. Playing out from the back with full-backs bombing up will give us kittens though. In fact by Christmas I expect the Upper Loft to resemble a sanctuary for abandoned cats. Hopefully we have the right personnel to execute the game plan.

Glad to hear it's growing on you.

It also looks like something that's growing on the bread that's been in my kitchen for the last three weeks.
Austria on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 1627 viewssmegma

Austria on 11:40 - Jul 15 by AustrianHoop

He has posted a picture of himself on QPR Fans Facebook page. His name is Florian Janezic from Neunkirchen. He also supports England.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 0:00]
Austria on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 1432 viewsAustrianHoop

Austria on 23:09 - Jul 15 by smegma

He has posted a picture of himself on QPR Fans Facebook page. His name is Florian Janezic from Neunkirchen. He also supports England.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 0:00]

Ok, don´t know him, honestly ... He is certainly not in the circle of QPR supporting people I know round here ... besides I follow the Offical QPR page and QPR Till I Die on FB. Anyway As far as I am concerned I will certainly come over for a game or two next season. I have not made my mind up yet, but I don´t really care who we are playing. A Home Game would be nice this time, last season I was in Preston and before that I saw us lose at Brentford (also 1-0). But that was still a great trip as I saw the Kinks Musical and Bernie Torme (RIP) at the Borderline (also RIP I have heard). London is always a great place to come to ... were it not for the tourists, but you probably know that anyway...
Austria on 11:57 - Jul 16 with 1389 viewssmegma

Austria on 11:14 - Jul 16 by AustrianHoop

Ok, don´t know him, honestly ... He is certainly not in the circle of QPR supporting people I know round here ... besides I follow the Offical QPR page and QPR Till I Die on FB. Anyway As far as I am concerned I will certainly come over for a game or two next season. I have not made my mind up yet, but I don´t really care who we are playing. A Home Game would be nice this time, last season I was in Preston and before that I saw us lose at Brentford (also 1-0). But that was still a great trip as I saw the Kinks Musical and Bernie Torme (RIP) at the Borderline (also RIP I have heard). London is always a great place to come to ... were it not for the tourists, but you probably know that anyway...

Go on QPR Fans FB and have a look.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 11:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Austria on 18:21 - Jul 16 with 1189 viewsDejR_vu

Austria on 09:24 - Jul 15 by smegma

It was Austrias first game as well, also with a new manager according to the local press.

There was a video on the club's website before the game and it was mentioned that they had played five pre-season games before the game against us. I'd assumed that was correct. The manager looks like he's been there since March.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austria on 21:29 - Jul 16 with 1074 viewssmegma

Austria on 18:21 - Jul 16 by DejR_vu

There was a video on the club's website before the game and it was mentioned that they had played five pre-season games before the game against us. I'd assumed that was correct. The manager looks like he's been there since March.

Maybe AustrianHoop can fill us in ??? I'm sure when the game was announced he told us it was the 'opening day' and he also told us of the preceding Young Violets v Manchester United under 23 game.
Austria on 05:42 - Jul 17 with 940 viewsAustrianHoop

Well, it certainly was not their first pre-season game, more like their final one - they start their season this weekend with a Cup game. As for their coach, Christian Ilzer, he was confirmed after the end of the season. There was always talk of him coming after Austria Vienna had dismissed their previous coach, the German Lentsch. Finally - who the f....k hell is Borehamwood??? It is not good for the soul to get that sinking feeling after the second pre-season game already....
Austria on 08:23 - Jul 17 with 863 viewssmegma

Austria on 05:42 - Jul 17 by AustrianHoop

Well, it certainly was not their first pre-season game, more like their final one - they start their season this weekend with a Cup game. As for their coach, Christian Ilzer, he was confirmed after the end of the season. There was always talk of him coming after Austria Vienna had dismissed their previous coach, the German Lentsch. Finally - who the f....k hell is Borehamwood??? It is not good for the soul to get that sinking feeling after the second pre-season game already....

Boreham Wood are in the fifth level of English football which I believe is of a higher standard than the village team Austria Vienna played on Saturday. Are they in a regional league ??The National League is of a very high standard all things considered.
Austria on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 816 viewsAustrianHoop

Austria on 08:23 - Jul 17 by smegma

Boreham Wood are in the fifth level of English football which I believe is of a higher standard than the village team Austria Vienna played on Saturday. Are they in a regional league ??The National League is of a very high standard all things considered.

Thanks for the info, I didn´t realize they are that high up in the pyramid - fair play to them ... But I am used to poor football, that won´t scare me away from QPR. The team I am watching here in Austria are playing at the very bottom of the League system, in a League where they can´t even get relegated from. They had their first season back after going bust many years ago ... they played in Austria´s highest League in the 70ies and 80ies, from then it went downhill... In a way it is nice, you go there, meet people, have a few beers and don´t care much about the result! And even the away games are local!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024