Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker Crisis? 12:51 - Jul 14 with 4254 viewsHooping_Mad

Our Strike force looks a little inexperienced imo, a little worried we will dip into the loan market again and whatever the outcome of that we finish this season without a decent striker of our own, meaning we do this again next year....and repeat.

It was the club that started banging on about #lessons Learned but come on now does anyone thing our strike force who have been half decent out on loan but never set the world alight on return is going to better or worse than last year?

We've struggled for goals for effing years and it looks and feels like finding/signing/developing a player, one that can score for the first team is a long way off.

We have 5 senior Strikers, who in total have 11 senior goals for the club. Eze has 6 of these. Those stats wont worry many Championship clubs or am I in the wrong here?

On another note Pre-season friendlies are now chargeable?1? I remember when the current owners took the opportunities to connect and excite the fans for the coming season. This year you can pay to watch Some Austrian Div 2 team beat us 3-1 (though at least they turned up this year). Come on R's this is a farce of a business plan and I worry it looks like one of Amits money saving initiatives. Even Bungle never stooped so low as to charge for dirgeball

I despair for the coming season and if Warbo doesn't "buy" some thing half decent up front I doubt ill be down for many, if any, games this time out.

The club is stuck in holding pattern of mediocrity and a lack of vision. I hope we don't drop out this time but worry we will.

I really hope someone can convince me it's not this bad.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 12:57]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Striker Crisis? on 13:02 - Jul 14 with 4204 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great post. Really cheered me up.

Bare bones.

Striker Crisis? on 13:10 - Jul 14 with 4177 viewsDannyPaddox

And we've only got a tiny transfer kitty.
Striker Crisis? on 13:54 - Jul 14 with 4050 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

On the upside...

1. We survived the season before last with Mackie / Washington / and Smith whose goal ratios weren't great.

2. Oteh and Smyth and unknown quantities. Maybe they have 20 goals in them 🤷🏻‍♂️

3. Who gives a shit anyway. League 1 has some nice grounds in it.
Striker Crisis? on 14:06 - Jul 14 with 3997 viewsessextaxiboy

It always amazes me when fans say they will wait to see who we sign before deciding whether to go or not ...
Striker Crisis? on 15:13 - Jul 14 with 3851 views100percent

hilarious.
convince yourself.
rubbish wum-ing.
Striker Crisis? on 15:48 - Jul 14 with 3771 viewscolinallcars

The longer we go without signing a striker, the more likely it is that Wells will be back....
Striker Crisis? on 15:57 - Jul 14 with 3748 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Striker Crisis? on 14:06 - Jul 14 by essextaxiboy

It always amazes me when fans say they will wait to see who we sign before deciding whether to go or not ...

Shorter queues at the bar though.
Striker Crisis? on 16:03 - Jul 14 with 3720 viewsfrancisbowles

Short of strikers...really?

I think we are all know that and the difficulty and cost of getting a decent one. I think Mark Warburton is well aware of this as well.

Hopefully, the club can identify and get them signed up soon. Then we can all rest a little easier until ...... the next match!
Login to get fewer ads

Striker Crisis? on 17:23 - Jul 14 with 3548 viewsJAPRANGERS

Why worry?? Patrick " dave" Agyeman is available I heard.
Striker Crisis? on 18:09 - Jul 14 with 3467 viewsderbyhoop

The management can't be unaware that we need a couple of strikers. Problem is there's other clubs in the same position, and we haven't got.much of a transfer kitty to play with. Even loanees from PL clubs will cost. We fans will need to be patient.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Striker Crisis? on 18:16 - Jul 14 with 3449 viewsGloucs_R

Panic...

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Striker Crisis? on 20:01 - Jul 14 with 3325 viewsdenhamhoop2

In The Street of London
Striker Crisis? on 21:09 - Jul 14 with 3206 viewsJuzzie

There’s still a month and a half of the transfer window and pre season games help establish whats needed.
Sometimes i hark for the days of teletext......
Striker Crisis? on 21:40 - Jul 14 with 3165 viewsOldPedro

Striker Crisis? on 21:09 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

There’s still a month and a half of the transfer window and pre season games help establish whats needed.
Sometimes i hark for the days of teletext......

For Championship clubs the transfer window closes on Thursday 8th August - League One and Two clubs have until the 2nd of September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48255312

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Striker Crisis? on 21:44 - Jul 14 with 3144 viewsEsox_Lucius

The bargains will come when the last days of the window are looming for clubs who are desperate to move on a striker or two and we can stretch our money with a little more effect.

The grass is always greener.

Striker Crisis? on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 2986 viewslave16

Striker Crisis? on 21:44 - Jul 14 by Esox_Lucius

The bargains will come when the last days of the window are looming for clubs who are desperate to move on a striker or two and we can stretch our money with a little more effect.

ask crouchie to roll the dice one more time

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Striker Crisis? on 22:55 - Jul 14 with 2946 viewsTacticalR

Unfortunately goals are too expensive and not for the likes of us.

Air hostess clique

Striker Crisis? on 23:59 - Jul 14 with 2841 viewsJuzzie

Striker Crisis? on 21:40 - Jul 14 by OldPedro

For Championship clubs the transfer window closes on Thursday 8th August - League One and Two clubs have until the 2nd of September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48255312

Ohhhhh. In that case, panic!!!!!
Striker Crisis? on 05:48 - Jul 15 with 2704 viewsPey

Striker Crisis? on 17:23 - Jul 14 by JAPRANGERS

Why worry?? Patrick " dave" Agyeman is available I heard.

You called Sir ??

Striker Crisis? on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 2448 viewsrunningman75

I was hoping we could sign Akinfenwa and persuade Crouch out of retirement. Would be a fun combination.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024