Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 17:11 - Jul 15 with 88558 viewsjohnhoop

Now that the World Cup’s done and dusted we can turn our attention to the next major event.
For me the most interesting questions about team selection are;
1) Do we open with Jason Roy? For me it’s a no brainer. I know all the arguments against- he doesn’t even open for Surrey, he struggles against the moving ball etc- but I feel that he’s in such good form and the alternatives are so mediocre that it would be silly not to. If he does come off he could give us control of the game in the first couple of hours. Him and Rory Burns for me.
2) Now that Jofra Archer has to have a place in the side, who are the other two quick bowlers going to be. If fit I guess Anderson has to play and I would give the third spot to Woakes but this means no place for Stuart Broad and the 90 mph+ Mark Wood.
3) Which spinner to go with - Ali or Rashid? Ali’s batting form seems to have dipped but it’s still not an easy decision to make.
Any thoughts?
Ashes thread on 09:58 - Aug 13 with 1777 viewsrunningman75

Tomorrow looks like being a wash out with some rain but playable the rest of the 4 days. Australia will only need 3 days to win on current form.
Ashes thread on 10:10 - Aug 13 with 1765 viewsrobith

Ashes thread on 08:51 - Aug 13 by makaveli1882

Day 5 Grand Stand tickets on sale yesterday morning.

Mount Stand in Lower tier showing up now £20 if you quick.

A word of warning though, as the wording isn't very clear in site, but for Lords certainly it makes it sound like day 5 tickets aren't refundable
Ashes thread on 10:20 - Aug 13 with 1752 viewsmakaveli1882

Ashes thread on 10:10 - Aug 13 by robith

A word of warning though, as the wording isn't very clear in site, but for Lords certainly it makes it sound like day 5 tickets aren't refundable

This is true, goes to charity so didn't book before as there was no chance it would go the distance, but after the weather checks yesterday I took a gamble.
Ashes thread on 13:58 - Aug 13 with 1650 viewsthame_hoops

Ashes thread on 10:20 - Aug 13 by makaveli1882

This is true, goes to charity so didn't book before as there was no chance it would go the distance, but after the weather checks yesterday I took a gamble.

forgot it isn't a Thursday start so day 5 is a sunday, well worth taking a gamble on tickets then
Ashes thread on 16:53 - Aug 13 with 1613 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes thread on 13:58 - Aug 13 by thame_hoops

forgot it isn't a Thursday start so day 5 is a sunday, well worth taking a gamble on tickets then

I’ve got a ticket for day 5,but I’m supposed to be working and I’m not sure I can make it.I think I might wait and see how the game is going before I decide whether to call in sick or not.We never win at lords though.
Ashes thread on 17:13 - Aug 13 with 1601 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes thread on 16:53 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

I’ve got a ticket for day 5,but I’m supposed to be working and I’m not sure I can make it.I think I might wait and see how the game is going before I decide whether to call in sick or not.We never win at lords though.

With the weather forecast as it is reckon day 5 might well come into play. I'm going to day 3 and forecast looks dicey at the moment.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes thread on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 1590 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes thread on 17:13 - Aug 13 by BlackCrowe

With the weather forecast as it is reckon day 5 might well come into play. I'm going to day 3 and forecast looks dicey at the moment.

Maybe I should try and find an Aussie and sell it to him for megabucks then.I might get a bit back of what I paid for the World Cup final ticket?
It was only £20 for day 5 anyway,but they don’t refund the ticket price if there is no play.They donate it to charity instead.
Ashes thread on 20:00 - Aug 13 with 1551 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes thread on 17:28 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

Maybe I should try and find an Aussie and sell it to him for megabucks then.I might get a bit back of what I paid for the World Cup final ticket?
It was only £20 for day 5 anyway,but they don’t refund the ticket price if there is no play.They donate it to charity instead.

Which i think is a bloody cheek. Not against charity obvs but against being told how my refund is to be spent.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 10:03 - Aug 15 with 1463 viewsrobith

Well, I didn't see any play yesterday, but I did get roaring drunk.

I feel dreadful
Ashes thread on 10:34 - Aug 15 with 1447 viewsted_hendrix

We've lost the toss, useless bloody tossers.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes thread on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 1394 viewsHooparoo

I don’t think bowling first is the right choice. We’ll soon see I suppose.

Come on Aussies! 😜

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ashes thread on 11:11 - Aug 15 with 1379 viewsted_hendrix

Jesus bloody wept

Ashes thread on 11:13 - Aug 15 with 1374 viewsHooparoo

Ashes thread on 11:11 - Aug 15 by ted_hendrix

Jesus bloody wept

My Jesus is smiling 😉

Ashes thread on 11:16 - Aug 15 with 1368 viewsloftboy

Great start

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ashes thread on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 1349 viewsozexile

They don't bowl many loose deliveries do they. Everything in the right spot.
Ashes thread on 11:46 - Aug 15 with 1324 viewsHooparoo

Ashes thread on 11:28 - Aug 15 by ozexile

They don't bowl many loose deliveries do they. Everything in the right spot.

How the hell does Siddle get picked over Starc? Must be good at swallowing 😬

Ashes thread on 11:50 - Aug 15 with 1314 viewsjohnhoop

Root gone now. If the weather forecast is correct there might only be about two and a bit days play in this test but that could well be all the time the Aussies will need at this rate.
Ashes thread on 12:00 - Aug 15 with 1292 viewsstevec

Might be better if we played Home Ashes tests in January. Weather should permit us to lessen the number of defeats and nicely align Series to two year intervals.
Ashes thread on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 1242 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes thread on 12:00 - Aug 15 by stevec

Might be better if we played Home Ashes tests in January. Weather should permit us to lessen the number of defeats and nicely align Series to two year intervals.

I think there was less rain in January than there has been in August.It might be a bit chilly for the Boxing Day test at edgbaston though.
Hopefully we’ll get an Indian summer for September and the last 2 tests.
Ashes thread on 14:32 - Aug 15 with 1162 viewsrunningman75

Burns beginning to look like a test batsman after last test and this one. We need a new captain though so Root can concentrate on his batting.
Ashes thread on 14:37 - Aug 15 with 1155 viewsted_hendrix

Ashes thread on 14:32 - Aug 15 by runningman75

Burns beginning to look like a test batsman after last test and this one. We need a new captain though so Root can concentrate on his batting.

Gone.

Ashes thread on 14:38 - Aug 15 with 1152 viewsjonno

Couple of days of rain required.
Ashes thread on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 1132 viewsTheChef

Ashes thread on 14:32 - Aug 15 by runningman75

Put the mockers on that didn't you?

Fair to say this series feels somewhat after the Lord Mayor's show, given the World Cup win. Not detracting from the fact that England's red ball game has been below par for a while now.

Anyway, let's see where we are after both sides have batted.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ashes thread on 14:49 - Aug 15 with 1131 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes thread on 14:38 - Aug 15 by jonno

Couple of days of rain required.

More like 4 weeks of rain required at this rate.
Ashes thread on 15:03 - Aug 15 with 1112 viewsrunningman75

Ashes thread on 14:47 - Aug 15 by TheChef

Put the mockers on that didn't you?

Fair to say this series feels somewhat after the Lord Mayor's show, given the World Cup win. Not detracting from the fact that England's red ball game has been below par for a while now.

Anyway, let's see where we are after both sides have batted.

Jinxed him, as a fellow left handed batsman in my youth though at a much lower level I enjoyed watching Burns bat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024