Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mass 13:27 - Jul 20 with 9023 viewsPikey

The club gave got this wrong . Yeh I agree we should sell but as no one is looking to buy him is it fair that hes told to train with the under 23s.? He dont deserve that.
Is it really the case that if hes still here after the window shuts that he'll be frozen out ? Can we afford to do that if we dont sell? Is it fair on the boy?
Mass on 13:48 - Jul 20 with 4978 viewsLongsufferingR

I hope that he's not involved because he's in serious negotiations with another club. If not, and nobody buys him in the next couple of weeks, we should be playing him.
Mass on 14:24 - Jul 20 with 4857 viewsDorse

Mass on 13:48 - Jul 20 by LongsufferingR

I hope that he's not involved because he's in serious negotiations with another club. If not, and nobody buys him in the next couple of weeks, we should be playing him.

I hope so too. They can't afford to risk him unless we know that he's definitely staying for at least one more window. Maybe there is someone interested but they haven't broken cover yet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mass on 14:39 - Jul 20 with 4803 viewsKernowRanger

It's not fair but it makes sense for the club to make clear it's not an option for him to see out his contract & then move on for free next summer. We need a transfer fee & he'll need to move on this summer to play.

Again not fair - I rate Mass highly and think he's represented the club well throughout his time here - but necessary if we want to stop being seen as a soft touch in the transfer market.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 14:43]
Mass on 14:45 - Jul 20 with 4772 viewsPikey

But no one is on for him as of today
Mass on 15:36 - Jul 20 with 4610 viewsstevec

Mass on 14:45 - Jul 20 by Pikey

No way anyone will buy him and pick up his wages.
Mass on 15:48 - Jul 20 with 4569 viewsBoston

Mass on 15:36 - Jul 20 by stevec

No way anyone will buy him and pick up his wages.

What would his remuneration be?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mass on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 4563 viewsKernowRanger

Mass on 14:45 - Jul 20 by Pikey

If that's the case & he wants to play this season he'll need to drop his wage demands etc until someone does come in for him.

How many times in the recent past have players chosen to run down their contracts with us & walked away for nothing/next to nothing - Austin, Hoilett, Robinson, etc. The club can't afford it and needs to follow through with this threat to show to players/agents we no longer let that happen.

Mass will need to decide - he can move elsewhere and play this season or stay here and not play for a year before moving as a free agent next summer (with all the ability to demand extra wages that brings).

Unfortunately for Luongo he's the first in this position with us (but hopefully not the last!)
Mass on 16:12 - Jul 20 with 4497 viewsPikey

Mass on 15:51 - Jul 20 by KernowRanger

If that's the case & he wants to play this season he'll need to drop his wage demands etc until someone does come in for him.

How many times in the recent past have players chosen to run down their contracts with us & walked away for nothing/next to nothing - Austin, Hoilett, Robinson, etc. The club can't afford it and needs to follow through with this threat to show to players/agents we no longer let that happen.

Mass will need to decide - he can move elsewhere and play this season or stay here and not play for a year before moving as a free agent next summer (with all the ability to demand extra wages that brings).

Unfortunately for Luongo he's the first in this position with us (but hopefully not the last!)

A bit like shooting yourself in the foot. Our best player in the stiffs for a year to prove a point !! But we still have to pay him.
Login to get fewer ads

Mass on 16:30 - Jul 20 with 4448 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mass on 15:51 - Jul 20 by KernowRanger

Mass has been nothing but a willing servant of the club. F*cked if I'll condone us trying to bully him to cut his contract wage or else find another club.
Who are we hurting most by not using his services? No question, it's us.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mass on 16:38 - Jul 20 with 4410 viewsQPR_John

Mass on 16:12 - Jul 20 by Pikey

A bit like shooting yourself in the foot. Our best player in the stiffs for a year to prove a point !! But we still have to pay him.

Not really. If a player has declared that he is willing to see out his contract and then move for free what does that say about said players attitude to the club. If the club play him is he really going to give 100% and risk injury.
Mass on 17:26 - Jul 20 with 4259 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mass on 16:38 - Jul 20 by QPR_John

Not really. If a player has declared that he is willing to see out his contract and then move for free what does that say about said players attitude to the club. If the club play him is he really going to give 100% and risk injury.

Not being funny, but you're criticising someone for doing their job in accordance with their contract? Whatever your views of Mass - from the stevec end of the scale right through to a genuinely valid opinion that has a modicum of merit - no one could ever say he hasn't given his all. He's not SWP. The situation is that the club cannot match his current wage so want to sell him. You can't have a go at him for refusing to take a pay cut. Would you do that? I bloody wouldn't.
Training with the U23s - well, if a player is likely going it makes sense and players aren't always PO'd by it. Difficult to incorporate someone into training if you're working on pattern of play, shape etc, if the likelihood is he's leaving. Does feel a shame though. He and Les get on very well, I know that, so I very much doubt Mass sees it as a punishment. Could be wrong though.

Bare bones.

Mass on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 4249 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mass on 16:38 - Jul 20 by QPR_John

Have I missed something? Did he refuse to play or what?

Why is he suddenly persona non grata?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mass on 18:13 - Jul 20 with 4124 viewsGloucs_R

He'll be sold this week 😉

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Mass on 18:19 - Jul 20 with 4114 viewsdistortR

Mass on 17:28 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

he questioned the validity of our wonderful cricket teams HISTORIC world cup victory.
Mass on 19:16 - Jul 20 with 3963 viewsstevec

Mass on 17:26 - Jul 20 by Antti_Heinola

Not being funny, but you're criticising someone for doing their job in accordance with their contract? Whatever your views of Mass - from the stevec end of the scale right through to a genuinely valid opinion that has a modicum of merit - no one could ever say he hasn't given his all. He's not SWP. The situation is that the club cannot match his current wage so want to sell him. You can't have a go at him for refusing to take a pay cut. Would you do that? I bloody wouldn't.
Training with the U23s - well, if a player is likely going it makes sense and players aren't always PO'd by it. Difficult to incorporate someone into training if you're working on pattern of play, shape etc, if the likelihood is he's leaving. Does feel a shame though. He and Les get on very well, I know that, so I very much doubt Mass sees it as a punishment. Could be wrong though.

I’ve just drawn an x/y graph axis of those comments and would I be right in thinking you’re not being entirely complimentary?
Mass on 19:49 - Jul 20 with 3823 viewsfrancisbowles

If we don't manage to sell him then he should be brought back into the squad.

As far as I know, he has done nothing to cause any problems within the club, so if he does stay then he should be treated as any other player and we should have a last ditch attempt to sell in Jan for what we can get.
Mass on 19:53 - Jul 20 with 3840 viewsozranger

There's another slice of the pie that requires consideration here. Yes, he's been visiting the pine more often than he should be, but Mass is still validly in contention for selection in the Australian squad and the WC Quals commence this autumn. Surely he has to weigh up the situation as if he chooses to take the year off, as some are suggesting he may do, then he will also be sacrificing any future opportunity to also play for his country again. Mind you, after the way he has been treated, I would have retired from that by now and that may be his thinking anyway.
Mass on 19:55 - Jul 20 with 3836 viewsPikey

No he didnt refuse to play . No he has not said he won't move. The club have said he is not part if their plans. Hs would love to play. But no one has comes in for him and the club seem to have taken the view that the will pay him for 12 months and not has his abilities. Bloody ridiculous play hum shike you pay him. He dont want to walk away but why shiukd gs take a drop in pay? He has a contract that ghd club will have to honour so play him
Mass on 20:03 - Jul 20 with 3775 viewsfrancisbowles

Mass on 19:55 - Jul 20 by Pikey

No he didnt refuse to play . No he has not said he won't move. The club have said he is not part if their plans. Hs would love to play. But no one has comes in for him and the club seem to have taken the view that the will pay him for 12 months and not has his abilities. Bloody ridiculous play hum shike you pay him. He dont want to walk away but why shiukd gs take a drop in pay? He has a contract that ghd club will have to honour so play him

Have the club actually come out and said what will happen if he can't be sold?
Mass on 20:13 - Jul 20 with 3763 viewsQPR_John

Mass on 17:26 - Jul 20 by Antti_Heinola

The post was deliberately in the abstract. I was giving a possible reason a player, any player, might be left out of the first team squad if he had made it known he was running out his contract.
Mass on 20:14 - Jul 20 with 3762 viewsQPR_John

Mass on 17:28 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

I've no idea.
Mass on 20:39 - Jul 20 with 3675 viewsPikey

He has been told hs us too expensive and they can get 3 players in for his wage. This I can agree with. Buf if no one comes in for him hs remains our player. So ti ostrasize him and put him with the u23s seems daft if he aint being sold. We still pay him and therefore cant afford the 3 players. Seems to ne if we cant sell then we must play him.
Mass on 21:05 - Jul 20 with 3600 viewsterryb

Mass on 20:39 - Jul 20 by Pikey

He has been told hs us too expensive and they can get 3 players in for his wage. This I can agree with. Buf if no one comes in for him hs remains our player. So ti ostrasize him and put him with the u23s seems daft if he aint being sold. We still pay him and therefore cant afford the 3 players. Seems to ne if we cant sell then we must play him.

No.

If we don't sell him, he should be available & considered for selection. If the manager decides we are a better side without him then we should not play him no matter what his wages are!

If the manager decides we are better with him playing, then he should play no matter what stevec thinks!
Mass on 21:05 - Jul 20 with 3598 viewsHooparoo

Mass on 20:39 - Jul 20 by Pikey

Agree. I’ve been following Mass for years in our national team and when he was at Swindon and I’ve never heard a word about any bad attitude or trouble from him. He’s just not that sort of bloke.

If he leaves good luck to him but until then we should play him.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Mass on 21:38 - Jul 20 with 3546 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Different situation obviously, but who remembers when Taraabt didn’t play pre season because a move was imminent and when it didn’t materialise it took us 3 months to work the Chilli sauce out of his pores.

Mass seems more professional than that but he should be ready in the event it doesn’t happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024