Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moon Landings Anniversary 02:48 - Jul 21 with 4225 viewstimcocking

50 years ago we landed on the Moon says the BBC.

I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories, but i'm assuming by now we've all watched the program which explains, very clearly, with a shed load of seemingly very strong evidence, why it's supposedly just a simple con trick? I don't think it's possible to watch that documentary and still come away convinced we've been to the Moon. It certainly raises significant doubt. Let's not forget we won the war by making a cutout cardboard tank army which wasn't real. So to just carry on like nothing's happened diminishes the Beeb's already rock-bottom credibility if you ask me.

But, i'm no astro physicist, what the hell do i know about the van Allen belt or whatever it is and whether we can or can't circumvent it etc? You'd think it would be an easy argument to settle. I can't believe they can't easily prove or disprove it, so why don't they? It could just be hogwash, how'd we know? To see the BBC just advertising it as a fact...perplexing to say the least. Surely, nobody could be so naive to be absolutely certain either way? We don't know. I'd really like to know whether it's true or not and i find the blanket silence whereby the powers that be, rather than refuting the evidence against said Moon landing, simply refuse to acknowledge or discuss the issue, highly suspicious. All they say is 'ha, of course we've been to the Moon, how ridiculous', with no arguments given at all explaining why the Moon is allegedly identical to a piece of the desert in America and all that stuff. A long list of damning evidence, one after another. If it's true.

It'd be nice to know the facts of the matter and i'm puzzled as to why it isn't considered an important issue to establish the truth one way or the other. I don't trust any of them, definitely not the yanks. I can't fathom why the issue remains ignored. We could land on the Moon in 1969 without computers, when we can't even come close to doing it today? We haven't been back for a second visit in the last 50 years? Hmmm...

If it was true, surely they could prove it?

If it was a con trick, man, Putin must be absolutely livid, it's the Mac Daddy of all time.

The truth is out there...
Moon Landings Anniversary on 03:49 - Jul 21 with 2336 viewsozexile

Interesting cause I'm not sure it happened either. We've lived on this planet for a long time and are still finding new things everyday. For us to go the moon for a miniscule amount of time and come back and say " There's nothing up there " just doesn't feel right to me.
I also don't care about going again. I'd rather they spend the money making sure every child on the planet has access to clean water and food.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 03:51 - Jul 21 with 2324 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Good grief!

Bearing in mind this was at the height of the Cold War, the first and only thing Russia did was to congratulate the US on its achievement. So therefore, conspiracists are saying they’re in on it? If they had any proof it was a hoax, I’ve no doubt the Russians, Chinese or anyone else would have spilled the beans before now about Apollo 11 or any of the subsequent missions that put more men on the moon.

We can’t keep the lid on emails sent by our former ambassador to the US. So to think that in the intervening 50 years from the first of several missions to the moon (which includes the Wikileaks era), not one person of the tens of thousands of people involved has come forward to debunk the moon landings as a hoax, says it all.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Moon Landings Anniversary on 05:33 - Jul 21 with 2306 viewsjonno

Moon Landings Anniversary on 03:51 - Jul 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Good grief!

Bearing in mind this was at the height of the Cold War, the first and only thing Russia did was to congratulate the US on its achievement. So therefore, conspiracists are saying they’re in on it? If they had any proof it was a hoax, I’ve no doubt the Russians, Chinese or anyone else would have spilled the beans before now about Apollo 11 or any of the subsequent missions that put more men on the moon.

We can’t keep the lid on emails sent by our former ambassador to the US. So to think that in the intervening 50 years from the first of several missions to the moon (which includes the Wikileaks era), not one person of the tens of thousands of people involved has come forward to debunk the moon landings as a hoax, says it all.

Exactly. And they also landed a further five times on the moon after Apollo 11. Were they all hoaxes as well? To think that they could all be covered up and nobody spill the beans is frankly laughable. And the Russians also had a spacecraft, Luna 15, orbiting the moon at the same time as the Apollo 11 astronauts were there - it actually crashed into the moon the day after the moon landing. There is a pretty good chance that they saw the Americans had landed there which is why they have never questioned the veracity of the Apollo 11 landing.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 07:43 - Jul 21 with 2219 viewspeejaybee

You doubt there was a Moon landing do you also maybe doubt there was a Dogman.??
Just asking like.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Moon Landings Anniversary on 07:47 - Jul 21 with 2207 viewsLoftgirl

Moon Landings Anniversary on 03:49 - Jul 21 by ozexile

Interesting cause I'm not sure it happened either. We've lived on this planet for a long time and are still finding new things everyday. For us to go the moon for a miniscule amount of time and come back and say " There's nothing up there " just doesn't feel right to me.
I also don't care about going again. I'd rather they spend the money making sure every child on the planet has access to clean water and food.

If they did it, and it's a big if from me, they couldn't have done it without the brains of mass murdering Nazis. Something to be proud of.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 07:48 - Jul 21 with 2206 viewscolinallcars

I'd have been more convinced if Neil Armstrong had said “it IS cheese”
Moon Landings Anniversary on 07:49 - Jul 21 with 2204 viewsLoftgirl

Moon Landings Anniversary on 07:48 - Jul 21 by colinallcars

I'd have been more convinced if Neil Armstrong had said “it IS cheese”

Which cheese though?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 13:55]
Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:01 - Jul 21 with 2193 viewsMaggsinho

This from Newsround succinctly answers many of the conspiracy theories.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48774080
Login to get fewer ads

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:21 - Jul 21 with 2165 viewsPommyhoop

Hurrumph,,,,
Over here they have got films about space travel on ''More Movies'' non stop for 2 days to 'celebrate' the moon landings. I hate films about space. I dunno why but they bore the tits off me. And yes my Mrs and overconfident youngest daughter adore all space movies.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:27 - Jul 21 with 2148 viewsPommyhoop

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:21 - Jul 21 by Pommyhoop

Hurrumph,,,,
Over here they have got films about space travel on ''More Movies'' non stop for 2 days to 'celebrate' the moon landings. I hate films about space. I dunno why but they bore the tits off me. And yes my Mrs and overconfident youngest daughter adore all space movies.

Apart from Star Trek that is ..For some reason, I loved Star Trek...

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 2116 viewsPommyhoop

Moon Landings Anniversary on 05:33 - Jul 21 by jonno

Exactly. And they also landed a further five times on the moon after Apollo 11. Were they all hoaxes as well? To think that they could all be covered up and nobody spill the beans is frankly laughable. And the Russians also had a spacecraft, Luna 15, orbiting the moon at the same time as the Apollo 11 astronauts were there - it actually crashed into the moon the day after the moon landing. There is a pretty good chance that they saw the Americans had landed there which is why they have never questioned the veracity of the Apollo 11 landing.

Bang on Brother...
And also ..........

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:59 - Jul 21 with 2098 viewsstowmarketrange

The things that still leaves doubts in my mind are
1.It was all done so quickly and without any real idea whether it could be acheived.It was virtually a suicide mission for all of the Apollo crews because of the unknown factors of whether it could be done safely.
2.The amount of things that could go wrong and the lack of opportunity to be able to fix them.
3.The fact that the lunar module had to find the main spaceship orbiting high above the moons surface and dock safely in order to return safely to earth.Everything had to be done with exact timings and distance calculations that seem impossible for the computers of the day to work out correctly.

I don’t doubt the fact that they orbited the moon,but I’m not convinced they actually made it there.It all seemed too rushed in my view,as if Kennedy said it would be done by the end of the 60’s,and they made sure it appeared to happen.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:16 - Jul 21 with 2062 viewsqprxtc

Man went to the fecking moon. And that's fecking that.

Goodnight
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:17 - Jul 21 with 2062 viewsMaggsinho

Moon Landings Anniversary on 08:59 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

The things that still leaves doubts in my mind are
1.It was all done so quickly and without any real idea whether it could be acheived.It was virtually a suicide mission for all of the Apollo crews because of the unknown factors of whether it could be done safely.
2.The amount of things that could go wrong and the lack of opportunity to be able to fix them.
3.The fact that the lunar module had to find the main spaceship orbiting high above the moons surface and dock safely in order to return safely to earth.Everything had to be done with exact timings and distance calculations that seem impossible for the computers of the day to work out correctly.

I don’t doubt the fact that they orbited the moon,but I’m not convinced they actually made it there.It all seemed too rushed in my view,as if Kennedy said it would be done by the end of the 60’s,and they made sure it appeared to happen.

To an extent any and all space missions were suicide missions, look at the deaths of the astronauts on Apollo 1 who didn’t even make it off the launch pad.

These were men used to taking risks throughout the space programme and in the dangerous fighter jets of the 50s and 60s before that, have a read of The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe to get an understanding of their approach to risk.

No doubt things did go wrong, even once in the moon there was a technical issue with a switch that meant there could be an issue starting the engines again, ground control simply told Aldrin and Armstrong to get some rest whilst they worked on it. They fixed it by sticking a ball point pen in the broken switch.

And yes, it is gobsmacking that they managed to do some of the manoeuvres, the burns to get into/out of orbit, the manual flying over the moon, the docking, but all the coding was developed to do exactly what was needed and the astronauts had trained and trained and trained to do this.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:28 - Jul 21 with 2028 viewsBostonR

What a stupid post. Do you think the earth is flat as well? Over 400,000 people supported the moon programmes- how did the US fool them? There is a spacecraft orbiting the moon at this very moment mapping the surface. Unbelievably, it has taken pictures of all the landing sites.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:36 - Jul 21 with 2009 viewsted_hendrix

What has always baffled me is why didn't they discover something on the moon and bring it back like Sir Walter Raleigh did when he discovered the potato?
If they had gone for a drive around in that moon buggy thing they might have discovered a field of giant turnips or similar.

Wasted opportunity if you ask me.

Neil Armstrong; "Look over there by that crater thing, if I'm not mistaken that looks like a field of giant turnips, lets take one back and solve the Worlds food crisis".

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:39 - Jul 21 with 2002 viewsQPRSteve

Don't know what all the fuss is about. Lionel Jeffreys got there in 1899.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:48 - Jul 21 with 1982 viewsRangersDave

Capricorn 1, says it all. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:56 - Jul 21 with 1958 viewsstowmarketrange

Same as fb then.You’re alright as long as you agree with us.If not,you must believe the earth is flat too.
God forbid that anyone doubts what the US tell us,despite them having to possibly admit defeat in a space race with their Cold War enemies.

I watched men walk on the moon from my TV set as a kid,but I still have my doubts that it happened the way they said it did.

Why has nobody ever been back there?If they could manage it 50 years ago with basic technology,imagine how much easier it would be now.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:56 - Jul 21 with 1953 viewsstevec

And where were the women astronauts on this flight, couldn’t fit them on because of Armstrong’s mans plaining, sexist pig.

Honestly, men shame me at times.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:04 - Jul 21 with 1930 viewstimcocking

Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:56 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

Same as fb then.You’re alright as long as you agree with us.If not,you must believe the earth is flat too.
God forbid that anyone doubts what the US tell us,despite them having to possibly admit defeat in a space race with their Cold War enemies.

I watched men walk on the moon from my TV set as a kid,but I still have my doubts that it happened the way they said it did.

Why has nobody ever been back there?If they could manage it 50 years ago with basic technology,imagine how much easier it would be now.

Yes, i'm utterly flabbergasted to actually receive a tonne of abuse over this, absolutely sickening indictment of modern life.

I didn't even say i didn't believe it, i said i'm surprised they don't clear the issue up. I don't know, nor does anybody on here, that is a literal fact, so anybody who is actually giving me sh1t for even bringing the issue up, what in the name of fc uk is wrong with you? Calling me a flat Earther? Fcuk me sideways, i can disprove that you now you insulting cu nt.

Why people have to attack other people is beyond me. You want to insult me, why not send me your address, i'll come around say it face to face. You fc using cowardly fascists.

The massive irony being, the sort of people saying 'good grief how ridiculous' are the very people who, before we did find out, would have been saying the earth is flat. I'd have been saying 'Round? Sounds improbable to me, but what do i know?'. Too fu cking dumb to understand they are dumb.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 10:17]
Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:18 - Jul 21 with 1897 viewsloftboy

I think it’s a huge insult to those who went to say it was fake, I’ve watched every programme this week, some died trying, his do you explain the actual lift off with the astronauts on, to the pictures of them travelling back to earth in the same object that was seen lifting off the moon, this is up there with those saying that 911 was a conspiracy even though scientists have proved that water and melting aluminium causes huge explosions.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:22 - Jul 21 with 1880 viewsstowmarketrange

Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:18 - Jul 21 by loftboy

I think it’s a huge insult to those who went to say it was fake, I’ve watched every programme this week, some died trying, his do you explain the actual lift off with the astronauts on, to the pictures of them travelling back to earth in the same object that was seen lifting off the moon, this is up there with those saying that 911 was a conspiracy even though scientists have proved that water and melting aluminium causes huge explosions.

I didn’t say for one minute that they didn’t take and orbit the moon.What I have doubts over is whether they actually landed and walked on it.
They were all heroes and pioneers when they travelled in space,and nobody can or is denying that fact.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:44 - Jul 21 with 1846 viewsMaggsinho

Moon Landings Anniversary on 09:56 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

There were five further landings but it cost $150 billion dollars in today’s money to get someone into the moon so much harder to get that sort of funding for another moon trip now, that’s why we’re seeing private companies like SpaceX get involved rather than it being purely NASA.

Secondly with the end of the Cold War, there’s less political imperative to beat the Russians, remember the USSR was the first to get a satellite orbiting the Earth, the first to get a man into space and that caused enormous angst and fear in the States, driving the finding and political will.
Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:45 - Jul 21 with 1843 viewsMaggsinho

Moon Landings Anniversary on 10:44 - Jul 21 by Maggsinho

There were five further landings but it cost $150 billion dollars in today’s money to get someone into the moon so much harder to get that sort of funding for another moon trip now, that’s why we’re seeing private companies like SpaceX get involved rather than it being purely NASA.

Secondly with the end of the Cold War, there’s less political imperative to beat the Russians, remember the USSR was the first to get a satellite orbiting the Earth, the first to get a man into space and that caused enormous angst and fear in the States, driving the finding and political will.

Or you can just ask Buzz Aldrin I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024