Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG 19:10 - Jul 21 with 2681 viewsGloucs_R

Does Warbuton not fancy him or do we suspect he's going to go before transfer window closes?

Bit weird at the end of last season with him not playing too.

Also, why was Furlong not in the squad yesterday?

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG on 19:49 - Jul 21 with 2572 viewsessextaxiboy

Even if he is not first choice who will be Captain ..Scowen?
BFG on 19:58 - Jul 21 with 2547 viewsRblockPrior

Honestly can’t believe it unless he doesn’t want to stay, but for me he is our best defensive cb

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

BFG on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 2427 viewsHunterhoop

It’s odd. He’s perfectly good on the ball, certainly no worse than Hall, and he’s a far better defender who is less injury prone. Have assumed Warbuton just doesn’t fancy him but could be he’s off. Suspect he’s on one of the larger salaries. But take Freeman, Luongo, and Leistner out of a side which has already lost Bidwell, Wszolek, Cousins, Lynch, Smith, and two Prem loanees, just seems too much and asking for trouble.

Furlong is a strange one too. On paper he seems exactly the type of player Warbuton would like: athletic, quick, good on the ball, comfortable first touch, young and desperate to impress. But he clearly fancies Rangel at RB more and hasn’t tried Furlong at CB yet.
BFG on 20:54 - Jul 21 with 2345 viewsrsonist

Yeah, was bracing myself for this as soon as Ball, Masterson AND Cameron were on the docket. Masterson just didn't seem like he'd have come to another u23 system...

Agree that Toni's a better passer than he looks but I think ultimately what it comes down to is he's not got the pace if MW insists on playing a high line. As a straightforward head n tackle defender he's one of the best in the league, certainly our best.

Would be a shame. That said though, why leave Luongo behind and not Toni if both were on the chopping block? Do FFP and Plan A have different sacrificial altars?

Guess we'll know by Saturday evening.
BFG on 23:15 - Jul 21 with 2074 viewsWadR

BFG on 20:31 - Jul 21 by Hunterhoop

It’s odd. He’s perfectly good on the ball, certainly no worse than Hall, and he’s a far better defender who is less injury prone. Have assumed Warbuton just doesn’t fancy him but could be he’s off. Suspect he’s on one of the larger salaries. But take Freeman, Luongo, and Leistner out of a side which has already lost Bidwell, Wszolek, Cousins, Lynch, Smith, and two Prem loanees, just seems too much and asking for trouble.

Furlong is a strange one too. On paper he seems exactly the type of player Warbuton would like: athletic, quick, good on the ball, comfortable first touch, young and desperate to impress. But he clearly fancies Rangel at RB more and hasn’t tried Furlong at CB yet.

Agree on Leistner. He's our best 1 on 1 defender, fine on the ball and a good leader in a youngish squad.

But imo Furlong is really poor on the ball and, short of a speedy improvement in that department, I can't see him as a starter in a Warburton team. Rangel has his own limitations but is vastly superior in transition and more composed under pressure so I think is understandably preferred as things stand.
BFG on 03:20 - Jul 22 with 1911 viewstimcocking

It shows what an absolutely farcical decision it was last year to make him captain before he'd even played. I bet Luke Freeman, with 15 times the ability and a lot of experience, was flabbergasted. I wonder if there has even been a precedent for such a thing?

Sigh, waits for abuse from retards.
BFG on 04:00 - Jul 22 with 1907 viewssmegma

"Sigh, waits for abuse from retards" is a term of endearment then ??
BFG on 08:29 - Jul 22 with 1680 viewsDejR_vu

I know there’s always speculation about wages but given the competition for him last year I suspect he’s on decent money, so perhaps they’re ‘encouraging’ him to look elsewhere?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

BFG on 08:54 - Jul 22 with 1620 viewsEsox_Lucius

BFG on 08:29 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

I know there’s always speculation about wages but given the competition for him last year I suspect he’s on decent money, so perhaps they’re ‘encouraging’ him to look elsewhere?

There was an old woman who lived at the top of a hill a few miles from town and owned a mule which she used to bring her garden produce to town each day to buy other good she needed. She fed the mule just before setting off each morning, again in the afternoon when they returned and once again before settling down for the night.
Times got hard and she thought one day that she would make the mule forego it's late night feed as all it was going to do was sleep before getting fed again in the morning. This didn't seem to present the mule with any problems so it became the custom that the mule would survive on just two meals a day.
The Tories got into power and austerity made things hard for the old woman so she experimented with not giving the mule his feed in the afternoon as it's work was done until the following morning. There was no noticeable depreciation in the mule's ability to carry out it's work so this too became the norm.
Disaster struck, Bojo was elected Prime Minister and the country plummeted towards fiscal ruin and the old woman became very scared that she wouldn't be able to survive. She made the decision to see what would happen if the mule wasn't fed before setting off to town. The trip passed uneventfully and the mule seemed fine so the woman stopped feeding it altogether... it died.

The grass is always greener.

BFG on 09:07 - Jul 22 with 1592 viewsCroydonCaptJack

BFG on 08:54 - Jul 22 by Esox_Lucius

There was an old woman who lived at the top of a hill a few miles from town and owned a mule which she used to bring her garden produce to town each day to buy other good she needed. She fed the mule just before setting off each morning, again in the afternoon when they returned and once again before settling down for the night.
Times got hard and she thought one day that she would make the mule forego it's late night feed as all it was going to do was sleep before getting fed again in the morning. This didn't seem to present the mule with any problems so it became the custom that the mule would survive on just two meals a day.
The Tories got into power and austerity made things hard for the old woman so she experimented with not giving the mule his feed in the afternoon as it's work was done until the following morning. There was no noticeable depreciation in the mule's ability to carry out it's work so this too became the norm.
Disaster struck, Bojo was elected Prime Minister and the country plummeted towards fiscal ruin and the old woman became very scared that she wouldn't be able to survive. She made the decision to see what would happen if the mule wasn't fed before setting off to town. The trip passed uneventfully and the mule seemed fine so the woman stopped feeding it altogether... it died.

Is there no politics thread left for this fable?
BFG on 09:09 - Jul 22 with 1580 viewsjohnhoop

BFG on 09:07 - Jul 22 by CroydonCaptJack

Is there no politics thread left for this fable?

Perhaps it was intended for the Boris “infamy” one?
BFG on 09:13 - Jul 22 with 1571 viewsEsox_Lucius

BFG on 09:09 - Jul 22 by johnhoop

Perhaps it was intended for the Boris “infamy” one?

It is analogous.

The grass is always greener.

BFG on 10:27 - Jul 25 with 1075 viewsGloucs_R

Trying to offload BFG too. Shame as I like him and still think there is more to this than being reported.

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 1060 viewsNorthernr

Let's use this thread.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/244081/bfg-part-2

Sorry mate, I know yours was first but the other one has rattled onto two pages and is more current.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024