Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 36527 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 10:39 - Jul 22 with 8073 viewsconnell10

Utter madness if true!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

furlong on 10:42 - Jul 22 with 8023 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7272087/Transfer-news-West-Br

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 8021 viewsBAWHoops

What's he worth really though?
Maybe £2m at a push, there's no other bidders and we need to sell

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 8010 viewsHarbour

Hate the idea of Furlong going. Given the clubs financial situation appears we will take offers for any players...going to take a bit of getting used to.
furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 8010 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 by BAWHoops

Lather, rinse, repeat.
furlong on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 7985 viewsconnell10

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 by BAWHoops

He is worth more to the team than the peanuts we are reported to get!! I think he is a great player bad move from the club great move for the player!

furlong on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 7978 viewsjonno

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 by Harbour

Hate the idea of Furlong going. Given the clubs financial situation appears we will take offers for any players...going to take a bit of getting used to.

Yes, that is inevitable in the situation we currently find ourselves in. Every player will be available.
furlong on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 7954 viewsconnell10

furlong on 10:46 - Jul 22 by jonno

Yes, that is inevitable in the situation we currently find ourselves in. Every player will be available.

Hope it doesn't turn into a fire sale!

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 10:49 - Jul 22 with 7928 viewsdaveB

I'm not sure where I sit with this one. I really like Furlong and think he could be a really good player for us especially at centre half but he did seem to go backwards last season and usually has at least one long injury lay off a season so can see why they are taking the money.
furlong on 10:56 - Jul 22 with 7873 viewsWadR

I'm not a huge fan of Furlong but this seems like a poor decision and I'm confused by Warburton's general squad building.

2 weeks to go until the season starts, less than 3 weeks until the window closes and we're getting rid of a 23 year old youth product who is under contract, an excellent professional and plays in a position we're not that strong in.

What's the plan now? Having Rangel as first choice with only Kakay as back up seems foolish considering Rangel's age and his lack of pace being exposed in the Warburton system.

Meanwhile we're seemingly desperate to bring in 34 year old, expensive, injury prone Geoff Cameron to compete for either a CM spot where we already have Amos, Smith, Scowen, Ball, Manning + the ostracised Luongo, or CB where we already have Hall, Barbet, Leistner, Masterson, Ball.
furlong on 11:00 - Jul 22 with 7826 viewsCroydonCaptJack

furlong on 10:56 - Jul 22 by WadR

I'm not a huge fan of Furlong but this seems like a poor decision and I'm confused by Warburton's general squad building.

2 weeks to go until the season starts, less than 3 weeks until the window closes and we're getting rid of a 23 year old youth product who is under contract, an excellent professional and plays in a position we're not that strong in.

What's the plan now? Having Rangel as first choice with only Kakay as back up seems foolish considering Rangel's age and his lack of pace being exposed in the Warburton system.

Meanwhile we're seemingly desperate to bring in 34 year old, expensive, injury prone Geoff Cameron to compete for either a CM spot where we already have Amos, Smith, Scowen, Ball, Manning + the ostracised Luongo, or CB where we already have Hall, Barbet, Leistner, Masterson, Ball.

Hard to disagree with any of that unfortunately.
furlong on 11:01 - Jul 22 with 7816 viewsrsonist

Not saying Furs doesn't have his limits as a footballer but it's our own fault that we haven't got the best out of what he's good at consistently enough to attract more and higher bids.

Unlike Smithies, Freeman, Luongo he's young (with a old head on his shoulders) and still has two years on his contract. £1.5m? Feels like this is one where we could have backed ourselves to give it at least six months to put him in the shop window properly.

We all know there are mitigating circumstances and painful decisions will have to be made but is this how we get out of the hole? Mugging ourselves off seems to be the real lather rinse repeat so far.
furlong on 11:06 - Jul 22 with 7757 viewsrsonist

Do I recall correctly that someone - possibly Warburton - said the "strong words in the dressing room" after Borehamwood was led by Furlong? I really thought he was going to come into his own in that regard this season.
furlong on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 7704 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 10:46 - Jul 22 by jonno

I do not think it is simply the current situation. FFP has made it necessary for every player to be available at any time. Not only that we will have to accept whatever is offered so that we do not fail FFP it is as simple as that. This club currently does not generate enough income without player sales. We sell players so cannot compete or we don't sell and get a points deduction as a penalty. In a few years time there will be a two tier closed shop Premier League and FFP will have done what it was designed to do
furlong on 11:10 - Jul 22 with 7683 viewsrobith

Don't think the price is that far off (outside of our fan's view, what has he really done in the game?), but the very concept of him leaving is absolutely gutting. Can't agree with it at all
furlong on 11:11 - Jul 22 with 7670 viewsstevec

I'd prefer Furlong to stay, primarily as CB. But as a RB I think £1.5m is not a bad figure.

Seems any weakness in the pass and move game is catching up with a few now.
furlong on 11:14 - Jul 22 with 7634 viewsRBlock

As mentioned above it needs to happen, it's where we are as a club, but this one hurts me more than Freeman or Luongo. Youth product, and always saw him as a future captain.

On a tactical note however, I think we only have 1 fullback who currently suits how Warburton wants us to play now. We have seen that he wants fullbacks bombing on and providing the width, with the wide forwards moving and rotating inside. Manning is athletic enough to do that, but Rangel? And Wallace, at 31? Doesn't bode well.
furlong on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 7610 viewsLblock

Future QPR captain sold when we'll need his passion and commitment most.

Current QPR captain ostracised and left on bench

Situation summed up brilliantly above by WadR.
This club is fcukd and the spectre of Bungle Ferndandez looms ever larger. We'll never recover from his disastrous tenure.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

furlong on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 7609 viewsToast_R

Sell sell sell. This really is the pits though ain't it? How can the club possibly sell this back to the supporters? I know it's not their fault but the idea of watching your team get hammered every week with a team put together on the tea & biscuit budget of a local council just seems rather pointless. I thought we'd put all that behind us a fair few years ago and even then there was the dream that we'd one we'd get out time in the sun, which we did. But now due to the rules - the only hope is 10 years down the track and the slim possibility of getting a new stadium and improving the overall income. May as well clock off until then.
furlong on 11:18 - Jul 22 with 7589 viewsrsonist

As usual there are too many strategic contradictions to draw solid conclusions on who is pulling the strings or how the people involved work together and to what degree there's a plan or if it's improv spinning plates, so I hesitate to lay the squad building solely at Warburton's feet.

Tbh the only thing it seems we can really be sure of this summer is that the framed photo of Tim Sherwood on the DoF's desk gets a long tender kiss every morning.
furlong on 11:20 - Jul 22 with 7573 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well, I love Furs, I genuinely thought he'd be here for years and end up captain within the next 2-3 years. But there's nothing 'confusing' about this. If we have a reasonable bid for a player, we will sell them, it doesn't matter who it is.
Cameron is not an ideal signing but my god we are short on experience. if he fits the wage bill, it's totally understandable, and he can also play as a CB. Seeing as Toni is inexplicably not getting a look-in I'm half-expecting us to sell him too.

Still, agree, it's been a tough pre-season, but the circumstances are tough.

Bare bones.

furlong on 11:22 - Jul 22 with 7547 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Two weeks ago when Kakay was being discussed I suggested that the number one RB between Furlong and Rangel would depend on how the players were adapting to what Warburton wants from them. Now you know.

£1.5M + is OK in my opinion.
furlong on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 7520 viewspaulparker

The club is a mess
If your selling one of your brighter talents for 1.5 million then you have to ask yourself we really are desperate, look at Pompey they got 3 million for Lowe and Luton got 6 million for james both haven’t even played in the championship ffs
We may as well leave our mouths opened whilst we are being p1ssed on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

furlong on 11:24 - Jul 22 with 7518 viewsrsonist

furlong on 11:10 - Jul 22 by robith

Don't think the price is that far off (outside of our fan's view, what has he really done in the game?), but the very concept of him leaving is absolutely gutting. Can't agree with it at all

Yeah it's kind of a surprise another club has done enough homework to take a (relatively speculative) interest in him at this moment. But a consistent run playing to his strengths and the price would quickly treble in this market.
furlong on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 7497 viewsJigsore

You'd hope we get add-ons for a player his age

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024