Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens Park Strangers 11:49 - Jul 25 with 2742 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Reminds me of when Mark Hughes was here and we know how that ended

Does anyone have a squad list? as it stands - looks like Toni and Luongo leaving too
We look light weight and likely to do an Ipswich (I hope I am wrong and we do well of course)

Clearly Warburton did not like the squad he inherited and is under enormous pressure to reduce costs due to the mess we are in.

With the crap player management (paying too much for donkeys and selling too low) we have had over the past 5 years can someone remind me why we need a DoF.
He does not have any strategy or a scooby doo having blown at least 70m of parachute payments
Queens Park Strangers on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 2642 viewsdaveB

bulk of parachute money was spent before we got relegated, we've been playing catch up ever since although the JFH transfer window has proven to be a very expensive cock up

Current squad is as follows

GK - Kelly, Lumley, Deing, new fella

Defence - Rangel, Kakay, Hall, Barbet, BFG, Wallace, Manning, Marsterson

Midfield - Scowen, Eze, Chair, Bright, Shodipo, Smith, Amos, Ball, Owens, Goss, Wheeler and Luongo

Forwards - Oteh, Walker and new fella
Queens Park Strangers on 12:43 - Jul 25 with 2618 viewsstevec

Queens Park Strangers on 12:33 - Jul 25 by daveB

bulk of parachute money was spent before we got relegated, we've been playing catch up ever since although the JFH transfer window has proven to be a very expensive cock up

Midfield - Scowen, Eze, Chair, Bright, Shodipo, Smith, Amos, Ball, Owens, Goss, Wheeler and Luongo

Is Goss a PAYE scam?
Queens Park Strangers on 12:52 - Jul 25 with 2591 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Dave

As things stand do you think this looks like our worst squad for quite a few years?

Cheers

James
Queens Park Strangers on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 2580 viewsdaveB

Queens Park Strangers on 12:52 - Jul 25 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks Dave

As things stand do you think this looks like our worst squad for quite a few years?

Cheers

James

I've not seen many of them play so honestly couldn't say either way.

I thought we looked great when Hughes went mad and also thought the JFH squad looked good and was wrong so am sitting on the fence now until I've seen them play
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 12:54]
Queens Park Strangers on 13:18 - Jul 25 with 2507 viewsterryb

Thanks Dave

Cheers

James

It looks a great deal better than Gary Waddock had at the start of the 2006/07 season & I think/hope that defensively it will be a lot better than last season's.

Like Dave, I/we will all know a lot more come the end of August, but I think we now have/will have better players in goal & all the back four positions than what started last season.
Queens Park Strangers on 13:24 - Jul 25 with 2477 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Queens Park Strangers on 12:53 - Jul 25 by daveB

I thought we looked great when Hughes went mad and also thought the JFH squad looked good and was wrong so am sitting on the fence now until I've seen them play

You are not alone in saying you haven't seen many of them play.
I don't think many of us have yet a lot of people are pretty quick to assess them as the worst ever squad or this seasons Ipswich.

I prefer to wait and see but I do have concerns that Warburton has been given total Carte Blanche with the squad. It is a very risky strategy.
Queens Park Strangers on 00:22 - Jul 26 with 2282 viewsB_Wad

I also feel uneasy about too much change too rapidly and losing the clubhouse leadership so was amused when reading this bit from Yahoo Sports on Cameron:

"QPR’s new manager, Mark Warburton, has already signed eight new players this summer but he’s spent a grand total of $70,000 with the R’s believed to be in a seriously restricted financial situation following their overspending and relegation from the Premier League in 2015. They are expected to make an outside push for the playoffs in the Championship this season, with a midtable finish more likely."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/add-reply/244092/

Playoff push??
Queens Park Strangers on 02:36 - Jul 26 with 2214 viewstimcocking

Don't want to criticise and be too negative before we even play a game, but that's exactly how it seems to me i'm afraid to say. Mark Hughes version 2.0.

Dozens of new signings, half of them premier loanees, trying to play out from the back in the league's tightest stadium (yes, a couple of yards is a significant difference in a pitch), not a single long serving, popular QPR player to be seen.

I'll be amazed if it doesn't end in tears. I think Ollie and Steveie Mac were both close to constructing good teams, ones which we would have identified with and been proud of. Hopefully, Warburton's a genius and he's the man and proves me wrong for once, but i can't see it.

I'm not blaming Les, though. Les has probably got the second hardest job in football, behind Mark Warburton. Les, if you're reading, i still love you and always will xxx
Login to get fewer ads

Queens Park Strangers on 08:02 - Jul 26 with 2131 viewsPunteR

So we sack our managers because they cant get a tune out of the players and now we sack off all the players because they wasnt really good enough anyway or too expensive.?
Why we were still paying over the odds for players over the last 4 years I'll never know. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Queens Park Strangers on 08:19 - Jul 26 with 2103 viewsTheChef

Thanks Dave

Cheers

James

Please, enough with the wrist slitting already.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Queens Park Strangers on 08:24 - Jul 26 with 2095 viewskingsburyR

This is a top four or bottom four squad!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Queens Park Strangers on 09:13 - Jul 26 with 2024 viewsHastings_Hoops

Not sure this reminds me of the Mark Hughes days, more like the first pre-season "enjoyed" by Holloway when due to financial restrictions he had to reconstruct an entire squad - that didn't end so badly.
Queens Park Strangers on 10:06 - Jul 26 with 1939 viewsdannyblue

Queens Park Strangers on 09:13 - Jul 26 by Hastings_Hoops

Not sure this reminds me of the Mark Hughes days, more like the first pre-season "enjoyed" by Holloway when due to financial restrictions he had to reconstruct an entire squad - that didn't end so badly.

Well mid table in league 1, our lowest position in generations...

But I get the point :-)
Queens Park Strangers on 10:25 - Jul 26 with 1912 viewsdannyblue

Best guess of starting line up?

Mlakar
BOS Eze Shodipo
Scowen Amos
Wallace Barbet Cameron Rangel
Lumley

Bench: Kelly Hall Manning Ball Smith Chair Oteh

Judge to come in for Shodipo?
More experienced striker loan to come in for Mlakar?
Smith to start once fit
Queens Park Strangers on 10:29 - Jul 26 with 1897 viewsdaveB

big difference to the mark Hughes time is that Hughes never actually got rid of anyone from the previous squad so we ended up with majority of Warnocks squad, the players he signed in January and a completely new team he signed that summer so we had far too many players to fit in the 15 man squad and it was an impossible situation to manage and keep players happy. As soon as results went wrong he had around 15 players he had dumped to the side who he then needed to turn to and had no idea how to fit the new ones in.

The current situation is more like what Holloway did in division 2 when under different circumstances we changed almost the entire squad in one summer
Queens Park Strangers on 10:31 - Jul 26 with 1894 viewsdaveB

Queens Park Strangers on 10:25 - Jul 26 by dannyblue

Best guess of starting line up?

Mlakar
BOS Eze Shodipo
Scowen Amos
Wallace Barbet Cameron Rangel
Lumley

Bench: Kelly Hall Manning Ball Smith Chair Oteh

Judge to come in for Shodipo?
More experienced striker loan to come in for Mlakar?
Smith to start once fit

It doesn't look a terrible side on paper, potentially better than last year but you'd have to be mad not to be worried about how it's going to turn out. I don't think a manager has ever needed a good start as much as Warburton does
Queens Park Strangers on 13:02 - Jul 27 with 1664 viewsPinnerPaul

Queens Park Strangers on 12:53 - Jul 25 by daveB

Well said Dave - lets just wait and see.

Come 3.15pm next Saturday THEN we can start moaning...…..and some will I know!
Queens Park Strangers on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 1591 viewsCFW

Like the most people on this forum I love Sir Les but unless he is doing some work in the background that I do not know or understand then I am really failing to understand what he brings to the party. We clearly have gone 'all in' with Warburton who has been given carte blanche to bring in a virtual new team. We have allowed him to do whatever he wants to do and never once has anyone from the club said he is working closely with our DOF to build a new squad that can work within our limited budget.

I get we are under severe financial pressure but we are not alone - Villa so far have spent over 100 million and are saying they still need more players. The main reason for this is because at the end of the season when their loan players returned to their clubs and they off loaded the old boys they had no players!!!

The loan system is a problem and while the big clubs are allowed to have these massive squads with the younger players having limited chance of progressing into the first team the merry go round will continue.

Never thought I would say this but football is broken and I cannot see a way back. All very depressing.
Queens Park Strangers on 15:01 - Jul 27 with 1509 viewsDavieQPR

Maybe we won't be better than last year but I think we will be a lot more entertaining.
Queens Park Strangers on 06:56 - Jul 28 with 1354 viewssuperhoopdownunder

A week after my initial message - much happier with how squad is being built.
2 players for each position and probably will be close to 10m better off after selling Toni and Luongo

If you don't fit into the system - you are gonski

Mark Warburton appears to have traded well - I guess we'll see over the coming months

Much more decisive through Mark Warburton rather than the ponderous nature of the past 4 or 5 seasons
He clearly is happy to trade (he did work as a currency trader) and get us in a better position.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 6:59]
Queens Park Strangers on 07:07 - Jul 28 with 1335 viewsenfieldargh

Have any of you lot watched them play this season?

Yes a whole influx on new blood.

The old blood wasn't good enough and got paid too much.

A lot of young hungry guys and a few down to earth experienced pros(Dorse included). We'll be better off this season than last

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Queens Park Strangers on 15:30 - Jul 28 with 1072 viewsisawqpratwcity

I don't know where the money is coming from for all these signings. How much do you think we will save by getting shot of Smith, Freeman, Leistner or Luongo (if it happens)? My guess is maybe, average, £10k a week each. What will attract these new blokes in? I can't see it being any less than the same average £10k, and there's a fair few of 'em.

I'd love to hear some reassuring noises from Lees Hoos around now, something along the lines of we aren't betting it all on this team.

I'll be happy to stand corrected on those wages if anyone has more reliable info.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Queens Park Strangers on 16:10 - Jul 28 with 1001 viewsHantsR

Big problem for me will be recognising all the newcomers in the team - (should've gone to Specsavers). Anyway, despite feeling a little sad about losing one or two, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the new strangers, especially after yesterday's announcements.

My biggest fear however, is knowing that I'll be sitting next to a new ST holder as my previous, very good companion (a long-term poster on here) is now too unwell to attend matches and has not renewed his seat - hope that the incoming stranger has fairly short legs...?
Queens Park Strangers on 16:21 - Jul 28 with 964 viewsisawqpratwcity

Queens Park Strangers on 16:10 - Jul 28 by HantsR

Big problem for me will be recognising all the newcomers in the team - (should've gone to Specsavers). Anyway, despite feeling a little sad about losing one or two, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the new strangers, especially after yesterday's announcements.

My biggest fear however, is knowing that I'll be sitting next to a new ST holder as my previous, very good companion (a long-term poster on here) is now too unwell to attend matches and has not renewed his seat - hope that the incoming stranger has fairly short legs...?

If you're really lucky she'll have legs up to her armpits!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024