Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR PLUS AND MINUSES 03:31 - Aug 4 with 2665 viewsjtuck

Some thoughts on the Stoke game from someone watching overseas on QPR +...

THE PLUSES...

HOOF BALL

Very noticeable that Lumley hit it long on many occasions and Nick London caught in the commentary Warburton telling the keeper to do that from the sideline. Great relief that the great McClaren Error of fancy-dan faffing around at the back was not in evidence. More light shed on this by the new manager in his post-match interview on Five Live which I repeat here as it was interesting stuff.

Andy Reid: "You love to play out from the back. Is it all systems go with that again at QPR, is it playing out from the back and wanting that good brand of football which is such a joy to watch?".

Mark Warburton: "I like players who love having the football, who can dominate a football. I really enjoy watching that and I think so do the supporters but I think we have to be practical as well. We knew that Stoke would come and try and press us high and hard early in the game. So, by-pass it. We went long from Joe Lumley to Jordan (Hugill). Did a great job, we've got one who`s beyond him, and posed a real threat and we got the early goal. So, we have to be practical, be sensible. When we can play, go and play and have players enjoying that. But, when it's right to go long, have no fear of doing so."

TARGET MAN: Hugill was big, strong and mobile. And had skill to lay it off. Goal showed good penalty box awareness.

FAST WINGER: great display from BOS. Gave Rangers real width a la Dave Thomas, Trevor Sinclair and the two Andys, Impey and Sinton.

THE BOSS: our midfielder was Born In The USA and bossed midfield. Cameron picked up where he left off last season.

MINUSES...

KEEPER BRAIN-STORM: Lumley had a good game but nearly cost Rangers two points in injury time with his second of madness rushing off the line to flap at a free kick. Missed it by miles. He wasn't punished for his mistake, Stoke England goalie Butland was not so lucky in the first half with his rush off the line.

LATE GOAL: as many have said, the late substitutions did not work and Rangers were less than stellar game managers in the last quarter of the game. Amos tired, it seemed to me, and that's why he was hooked. Another day, Stoke get an undeserved draw. Clean sheets remain important.

REFEREE COMPLAINING: Nick London has a running theme of grievance against Referees and started the season in fine moaning form. Yes, Championship refs are often crap as carefully noted by Clive W and the ref on Saturday was a `homer` and should have been consistent enough to book their players in the first half which finished 3 yellow cards to nil in QPR's favour. But let's not overdo it and encourage the lazy sort of cheap seats barracking which is one of the more annoying aspects of fan behaviour. Especially if you have a microphone.

Bring on Huddersfield at Loftus Road.

LAranger

QPR PLUS AND MINUSES on 04:32 - Aug 4 with 2592 viewssmegma

Biggest plus ??

We won.
QPR PLUS AND MINUSES on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 2172 viewssdm1508

Biggest minus is Nick London does the commentary. Not sure why just irritates me. Just talks rubbish. Tries to sound like he knows what he's going on about. Got shot down a couple of times by Warburton in the interview after too
QPR PLUS AND MINUSES on 09:06 - Aug 4 with 2136 viewsWatford_Ranger

On the ref, I thought all our yellows were justified but once he’s set a standard he has to adhere to that throughout.

The worst challenge of the game by some distance was on Eze in the second half by one of their defenders (Batth I think) but as it was 2-0 at the time and he’d run away the ref just seemed to give up.
QPR PLUS AND MINUSES on 09:11 - Aug 4 with 2116 viewsDavieQPR

They did get one yellow. Maclean.
QPR PLUS AND MINUSES on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 1901 viewsRType

I love that quote by MW about want to play it out, but hitting it long when practical. Just incredibly sensible. Im really liking his approach thus far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024