Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In-Laws 16:03 - Aug 5 with 2682 viewstoboboly

Don't have any for another two weeks and already I want to kill them.

Anyone else got any stories about the cntfckery in-laws do?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

In-Laws on 16:08 - Aug 5 with 2653 viewstoboboly

Just as a bit of flavour;

Booked our hotel for the night without asking us, not my kind of place either.

Invited guests without our knowledge, the first we knew about it was receiving a list of people that needed "official" invitations.

Got the hump when I refused to book a magician they had wanted. I delicately pointed out it wasn't a child's birthday.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

In-Laws on 18:46 - Aug 5 with 2502 viewssmegma

Thankfully my inlaws live in China and Chicago.
In-Laws on 19:12 - Aug 5 with 2453 viewss1cRanger

Despite my in-laws being Palace fans they are great! Stayed with them for a while before the wedding and loved having someone to watch the football with over a beer or two! Luck of the draw I guess
In-Laws on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 2385 viewsTonto

Mrs Tonto has a number of stories about her in-laws.

She is Czech but my father proudly announced he was voting for Brexit in front of her

My mother asked her where Tonto Jnr was conceived

My mother also told her just to push for a few hours despite being advised to have a c-section following several back and pelvis issues which put her in serious pain

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

In-Laws on 20:27 - Aug 5 with 2332 viewsBoston

In-Laws on 18:46 - Aug 5 by smegma

Thankfully my inlaws live in China and Chicago.

Triads?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

In-Laws on 20:33 - Aug 5 with 2314 viewsBoston

S’funny, I was talking to a bloke from Tooting this morning about his sisters husband, supports QPR , total psycho chunt, she met him when he was on day release....
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 20:34]

In-Laws on 21:28 - Aug 5 with 2228 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My mother in law is also Czech and brings me crates of Kozel over every time she visits.

Couldn’t wish for better thankfully.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 21:36]
In-Laws on 23:18 - Aug 5 with 2110 viewsBoston

In-Laws on 21:28 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

My mother in law is also Czech and brings me crates of Kozel over every time she visits.

Does she look like Robert Maxwell?

Login to get fewer ads

In-Laws on 06:50 - Aug 6 with 1992 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In-Laws on 23:18 - Aug 5 by Boston

Does she look like Robert Maxwell?

No but she is twice as crooked.
In-Laws on 06:54 - Aug 6 with 1992 viewsKonk

Pretty lucky with my in-laws: both lovely, kind people.

Positives:
Pretty easy going and chilled-out people, who don't interfere in how we live our lives
They always have a fridge/garage full of my favourite wine and beer.
They helped us out massively with the deposit for our first flat
Whenever we visit them, they always treat us to lunch/dinner out
For about ten years, they collected my paper for me on a Saturday/Sunday when we were staying with them
Happy to babysit
They absolutely love my wife and son to bits, so will/would do anything to help us out

Negatives:
FIL is a chronic channel hopper, still has the beeps on the tv, so it can be a bit stressful as he spends 10 minutes working through the channels before finally settling on Canadian Border Force or Midsomer Murders
If you ask my FIL how his day's been, you will get a slowly delivered, 20 minute account of the trip to Morrisons, 5 minutes of which will cover how they've moved the tea bags round, so they weren't easy to find.

So, on balance, I've been very, very lucky so far.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

In-Laws on 07:03 - Aug 6 with 1976 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In-Laws on 06:54 - Aug 6 by Konk

Pretty lucky with my in-laws: both lovely, kind people.

Positives:
Pretty easy going and chilled-out people, who don't interfere in how we live our lives
They always have a fridge/garage full of my favourite wine and beer.
They helped us out massively with the deposit for our first flat
Whenever we visit them, they always treat us to lunch/dinner out
For about ten years, they collected my paper for me on a Saturday/Sunday when we were staying with them
Happy to babysit
They absolutely love my wife and son to bits, so will/would do anything to help us out

Negatives:
FIL is a chronic channel hopper, still has the beeps on the tv, so it can be a bit stressful as he spends 10 minutes working through the channels before finally settling on Canadian Border Force or Midsomer Murders
If you ask my FIL how his day's been, you will get a slowly delivered, 20 minute account of the trip to Morrisons, 5 minutes of which will cover how they've moved the tea bags round, so they weren't easy to find.

So, on balance, I've been very, very lucky so far.

FIL...

Someone is a user of Mumsnet!
In-Laws on 07:16 - Aug 6 with 1952 viewsKonk

In-Laws on 07:03 - Aug 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

FIL...

Someone is a user of Mumsnet!

Haha. No, I'm just lazy and couldn't be ar sed to type out Father-in-law. Although, I have stumbled across the odd Mumsnet thread before when researching Sepsis symptoms/cost of tiling a splashback.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

In-Laws on 07:32 - Aug 6 with 1922 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In-Laws on 07:16 - Aug 6 by Konk

Haha. No, I'm just lazy and couldn't be ar sed to type out Father-in-law. Although, I have stumbled across the odd Mumsnet thread before when researching Sepsis symptoms/cost of tiling a splashback.

Yeah, Sepsis will make a mess of your kitchen 😆
In-Laws on 07:56 - Aug 6 with 1893 viewsTonto

In-Laws on 21:28 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Tins of Goat pish? Prefer Gambrinus!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

In-Laws on 10:36 - Aug 6 with 1771 viewsaston_hoop

Mine don't speak English and I can be selective with the amount of Spanish I choose to understand! plus they live 10000km away in Peru. That said, I will be their guest for a month in the new year so its their turn to put up with me. Anyone know anywhere in Lima where I can watch the Rs??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

In-Laws on 11:29 - Aug 6 with 1711 viewsdoogi10

Konk s ia tarquin so no surprise his inlaws bail him out
In-Laws on 12:23 - Aug 6 with 1666 viewsrobith

Mine are pretty erratic, but no more than my own parents tbh.

Wider issue is father in law is one of seven from county Tyrone and family get togethers are....intense, for an outsider.

If the good posters of LFW want a good chuckle at Christmas my wife's uncle went on an extended rant about how I was a far right Brexiteer
In-Laws on 12:56 - Aug 6 with 1615 viewsR_from_afar

Mine are Scottish and we get on really well, in fact, I get on with them much better than I do my parents. Given that I am one of the auld enemy, that is a pleasant surprise, all the more so because:
- Their daughter volunteered to come and live in England so in a way, I have taken her away from them
- Their other son-in-law is also English *but* a) lives very near them and b) built and still owns a very successful haulage firm. I just can't compete with him

i can only really think of two negatives:
- They can sometimes blow really minor issues my wife has in her life out of all proportion
- They ply me with more drink than I can handle (I am a real lightweight these days). My father-in-law loves a tipple and likes to have the appropriate drink with each stage of the meal, e.g. port with the cheese (mmm)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

In-Laws on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 1501 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In-Laws on 07:56 - Aug 6 by Tonto

Tins of Goat pish? Prefer Gambrinus!

I don’t look a gift Pivo in the mouth mate!
In-Laws on 18:34 - Aug 6 with 1489 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In-Laws on 12:23 - Aug 6 by robith

Mine are pretty erratic, but no more than my own parents tbh.

Wider issue is father in law is one of seven from county Tyrone and family get togethers are....intense, for an outsider.

If the good posters of LFW want a good chuckle at Christmas my wife's uncle went on an extended rant about how I was a far right Brexiteer

His name isn’t uncle Joe is it? 😆
In-Laws on 19:31 - Aug 6 with 1434 viewsPBLOCK

I have been really lucky to be fair

Father in law . Nice bloke takes a passing interest in football but more into Rugby, Cricket, Golf all of which I take a bit of an interest in so we can always chat about something. Likes Gardening ( I hate it) but comes round every so often and does ours for us. Absolutely dotes on our two kids. Can sometime make a crisis out of not a lot but overall is a very decent fella who I have a lot of time and respect for. We were watching the SixNations in a pub together in zNew York on a big family trip when I asked his permission to marry his only daughter. His response was along the lines of “Ah that’d be grand of course. Get me a Guinness the 2nd half is about to start and I need the loo”

My Mother in Law is an absolute legend. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Was recently retired when we had our first and when my Mrs went back looked after our little girl 3 days a week. When there have been times the Mrs is away and she has looked after kids til I get home she’s done a Chilli ,Shepherds Pie or something just to make it easier. Loves her music and a few glasses of Red and similar to my Father in Law absolutely adores the kids. Absolute legend of a lady.

Honestly couldn’t wish for better.

Now previous girlfriends parents, Jesus H!!!!
In-Laws on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 1389 viewsFredManRave

In-Laws on 10:36 - Aug 6 by aston_hoop

Mine don't speak English and I can be selective with the amount of Spanish I choose to understand! plus they live 10000km away in Peru. That said, I will be their guest for a month in the new year so its their turn to put up with me. Anyone know anywhere in Lima where I can watch the Rs??

https://top10lima.com/best-sports-bars-lima/

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024