Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
var 21:26 - Aug 18 with 2373 viewsdigswellhoop

Thank god we in best leauge no var im nit or will ever be a fan let the ref and team sort it out.
var on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 2360 viewsloftboy

Just pasted that into google translate....... got a chowmein with sweet and sour sauce arriving in ten minutes!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

var on 21:34 - Aug 18 with 2349 viewsthame_hoops

Keep drinking
var on 23:10 - Aug 18 with 2247 viewsdigswellhoop

please dont judge people on there lack of writing skills. I KNOW ICANT SPELL NOT DRUNK . YOU LOT ARE SO CRUEL TO PEOPLE WHO YOU DEEM THICK
var on 23:13 - Aug 18 with 2243 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nope, you spelt it perfectly.

The grass is always greener.

var on 23:13 - Aug 18 with 2243 viewsdigswellhoop

i put nit instead of not
var on 23:21 - Aug 18 with 2229 views2Thomas2Bowles

As someone that takes the pi ss out of other posters at times

I think maybe some slack should be shown to digswell, I think we all know he is not the sharpest but he is a trier.

*Talks shite mind*
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 23:22]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If we want to be serious on 11:27 - Aug 19 with 2026 viewsQPR_John

VAR was introduced as I understand it to check for clear and obvious errors by the referee. Now while both decisions against Manchester City were correct they were not clear and obvious errors by any stretch . Sterling was millimetres offside against West Ham and nobody noticed the accidental hand ball against Spurs. if VAR is to be used to detect microscopic infringements then the laws need to change. The joke regarding accidental handball is that it only applies to attackers. If an accidental handball by an attacker leads to a goal then the goal is disallowed whereas if an accidental handball by a defender leads to the ball being cleared no penalty is given. Only football could make a pigs ear out of introducing technology.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 11:29]
If we want to be serious on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 1867 viewsPinnerPaul

If we want to be serious on 11:27 - Aug 19 by QPR_John

VAR was introduced as I understand it to check for clear and obvious errors by the referee. Now while both decisions against Manchester City were correct they were not clear and obvious errors by any stretch . Sterling was millimetres offside against West Ham and nobody noticed the accidental hand ball against Spurs. if VAR is to be used to detect microscopic infringements then the laws need to change. The joke regarding accidental handball is that it only applies to attackers. If an accidental handball by an attacker leads to a goal then the goal is disallowed whereas if an accidental handball by a defender leads to the ball being cleared no penalty is given. Only football could make a pigs ear out of introducing technology.

Much as I dislike VAR, in this case its the law that is wrong.

IFAB didn't like the fact that attackers could, as per 'old' law, score with their hand/arm.

Fair enough make THAT illegal, but by extending it to 'gains an advantage that leads to a goal' they have, as you say, made it completely unfair.

Now without VAR, this wouldn't come up much and accidental 'obvious' handball by attackers that everyone can see would be accepted, but these, like Man City's, that no one could reasonably expect to see in real time, including opponents, but VAR takes a minute or two to inform everyone of, make a bad law change even worse.

Hugo Lloris' reaction says it all - he actually laughed at the ref, despite gaining from the decision - that gives you a clue that something isn't right!
Login to get fewer ads

var on 16:44 - Aug 19 with 1807 viewsEsox_Lucius

Introduced with such a pernicketty level of judgement applied and picking apart the minutiae of the slightest incident yet absolutely no indication that it will be used to award penalties against defenders pulling attackers all around the penalty area before free kicks and corners... something fans have wanted for years. Oh, and Matthieu Smith.

The grass is always greener.

If we want to be serious on 10:26 - Aug 20 with 1639 viewsfrancisbowles

If we want to be serious on 15:18 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Much as I dislike VAR, in this case its the law that is wrong.

IFAB didn't like the fact that attackers could, as per 'old' law, score with their hand/arm.

Fair enough make THAT illegal, but by extending it to 'gains an advantage that leads to a goal' they have, as you say, made it completely unfair.

Now without VAR, this wouldn't come up much and accidental 'obvious' handball by attackers that everyone can see would be accepted, but these, like Man City's, that no one could reasonably expect to see in real time, including opponents, but VAR takes a minute or two to inform everyone of, make a bad law change even worse.

Hugo Lloris' reaction says it all - he actually laughed at the ref, despite gaining from the decision - that gives you a clue that something isn't right!

Don't know how Michael Oliver kept a straight face!
var on 10:42 - Aug 20 with 1614 viewspaulparker

var on 23:10 - Aug 18 by digswellhoop

please dont judge people on there lack of writing skills. I KNOW ICANT SPELL NOT DRUNK . YOU LOT ARE SO CRUEL TO PEOPLE WHO YOU DEEM THICK

I love you digswell

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

var on 10:59 - Aug 20 with 1591 viewsToast_R

I'm so bored with this now, after every f*cking match on TV there's a big inquest about VAR decisions and VAR itself. On and on it goes like footballs equivalent of Brexit.
var on 11:37 - Aug 20 with 1546 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

var on 10:59 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

I'm so bored with this now, after every f*cking match on TV there's a big inquest about VAR decisions and VAR itself. On and on it goes like footballs equivalent of Brexit.

Agree with this 100%. Apparently it was supposed to remove controversy? It’s like they’ve created something that they can all talk about when the transfer window is closed. When they can’t w*nk over £80m transfers for defenders anymore.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

var on 11:45 - Aug 20 with 1523 viewsTheChef

var on 11:37 - Aug 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agree with this 100%. Apparently it was supposed to remove controversy? It’s like they’ve created something that they can all talk about when the transfer window is closed. When they can’t w*nk over £80m transfers for defenders anymore.

Exactly it's all about creating more media noise and BS. And on and on and on it goes.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

var on 11:50 - Aug 20 with 1508 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

var on 11:45 - Aug 20 by TheChef

Exactly it's all about creating more media noise and BS. And on and on and on it goes.

Yes - so from now on.

Summer/January = Transfer w*nkfest
All other times = VAR w*nkfest

Amen

Poll: Expectations for this season?

var on 11:58 - Aug 20 with 1496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

var on 23:10 - Aug 18 by digswellhoop

I don't judge you on your lack of writing skills. I judge you on you being a bollocks who pretends to be a Rangers fan.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 12:47]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If we want to be serious on 15:15 - Aug 20 with 1385 viewsdaveB

If we want to be serious on 11:27 - Aug 19 by QPR_John

it's a complete mess imo. They are checking every goal even that one by Neves last night was checked for an offside but ones like that penalty are not being checked unless the ref agrees which makes it all a bit pointless.

Whole thing needs to be changed so each team get a set number of VAR calls per game, if you waste them you lose them and hard luck if that means you lose to a last minute goal that should have been offside.

The more I see it the less I like it and those tight offside calls are shocking when you consider they don't have the technology to say exactly when the ball was played so these armpits being an inch offside should never be given when you can't say for sure when the ball was played
var on 15:20 - Aug 20 with 1372 viewsMick_S

You're s hit var.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If we want to be serious on 15:23 - Aug 20 with 1365 viewsPinnerPaul

If we want to be serious on 15:15 - Aug 20 by daveB

it's a complete mess imo. They are checking every goal even that one by Neves last night was checked for an offside but ones like that penalty are not being checked unless the ref agrees which makes it all a bit pointless.

Whole thing needs to be changed so each team get a set number of VAR calls per game, if you waste them you lose them and hard luck if that means you lose to a last minute goal that should have been offside.

The more I see it the less I like it and those tight offside calls are shocking when you consider they don't have the technology to say exactly when the ball was played so these armpits being an inch offside should never be given when you can't say for sure when the ball was played

I knew you'd get there in the end Dave - welcome to the club!

Not being clever but it was always going to be like this. Like all things PL, its a common myth that VAR has only just been introduced - its been used in Australia, Portugal and other countries for a few years now with surprise, surprise the same problems.

You're spot on about the technology/definition and of course its ALWAYS going to be a review system, so the match/goal celebrations are ALWAYS going to be delayed.

As I said above the new modifications to the handball law has only made matters worse.

No chance of any change - IFAB has said it will take 'up to' 10 years before everyone happy!

Fans/managers/players all to blame as they couldn't accept that a human (the ref) will make mistakes so wanted a 'perfect' game with no errors - chasing the impossible dream.
If we want to be serious on 15:57 - Aug 20 with 1326 viewsozranger

If we want to be serious on 15:23 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

I knew you'd get there in the end Dave - welcome to the club!

Not being clever but it was always going to be like this. Like all things PL, its a common myth that VAR has only just been introduced - its been used in Australia, Portugal and other countries for a few years now with surprise, surprise the same problems.

You're spot on about the technology/definition and of course its ALWAYS going to be a review system, so the match/goal celebrations are ALWAYS going to be delayed.

As I said above the new modifications to the handball law has only made matters worse.

No chance of any change - IFAB has said it will take 'up to' 10 years before everyone happy!

Fans/managers/players all to blame as they couldn't accept that a human (the ref) will make mistakes so wanted a 'perfect' game with no errors - chasing the impossible dream.

In the Australian A-League they were also reviewing if a penalty should have been awarded or not, while play was continuing. So, a potential handball that the referee may have missed could see VAR signal the referee to possibly stop play and investigate if an offence did occur that would result in a penalty. In the Wellington v Sydney game some years back a Wellington attack was halted and through a replay of the incident at the other end of play, the referee then awarded Sydney a penalty kick for a handball that the referee did not see, but those of VAR did. I am unsure of this still is the case now.

On the new rule changes, the referee in the game I was at on Saturday had an interpretation that I have not seen before. At one stage the ball was passed forward and hit the referee. This was about 5m outside the penalty area. The referee stopped play and proceded to restart play with a drop ball to the side who last kicked it.
If we want to be serious on 16:09 - Aug 20 with 1298 viewsPinnerPaul

If we want to be serious on 15:57 - Aug 20 by ozranger

In the Australian A-League they were also reviewing if a penalty should have been awarded or not, while play was continuing. So, a potential handball that the referee may have missed could see VAR signal the referee to possibly stop play and investigate if an offence did occur that would result in a penalty. In the Wellington v Sydney game some years back a Wellington attack was halted and through a replay of the incident at the other end of play, the referee then awarded Sydney a penalty kick for a handball that the referee did not see, but those of VAR did. I am unsure of this still is the case now.

On the new rule changes, the referee in the game I was at on Saturday had an interpretation that I have not seen before. At one stage the ball was passed forward and hit the referee. This was about 5m outside the penalty area. The referee stopped play and proceded to restart play with a drop ball to the side who last kicked it.

That last bit would be correct EXCEPT that as it was in the penalty area it should have been a drop ball to the GK
var on 18:55 - Aug 20 with 1225 viewsFredManRave

Can we even be sure he was talking about var.

Maybe he was talking about vat or Pav?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

var on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 1076 viewsMick_S

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/aug/20/david-squires-on

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

var on 12:12 - Aug 21 with 1051 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

var on 15:20 - Aug 20 by Mick_S

You're s hit var.

You deserved more credit for that
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 12:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024