Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bidwell 11:33 - Aug 19 with 5277 viewsRblockPrior

Do you think he will get a good reception on Wednesday?

I really hope he does, someone who worked hard for us and was committed, just a shame he didn't fit into the plans and the pay bracket. Without a doubt one of our better players last year

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Bidwell on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 1431 viewspaulparker

Bidwell on 13:52 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we had eleven Bidwells turning out 6 out of 10 every week we’d have been promoted.

Il have a toke of what your smoking

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bidwell on 22:06 - Aug 19 with 1399 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bidwell on 21:40 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Il have a toke of what your smoking

I dunno mate, he was the preferred left back of every single manger he played under, and Warburton at Brentford.

He was no Roberto Carlos obviously.

I think we get into the habit of either LOVING or HATING players. No appreciation for the piano carriers who turn up every game. The Steve Palmer types.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:09]
Bidwell on 23:12 - Aug 19 with 1329 viewsGloryHunter

I liked him. Good player for us.
Bidwell on 01:31 - Aug 20 with 1300 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Bidwell on 22:06 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I dunno mate, he was the preferred left back of every single manger he played under, and Warburton at Brentford.

I think we get into the habit of either LOVING or HATING players. No appreciation for the piano carriers who turn up every game. The Steve Palmer types.

Hard working and dependable enough but certainly not a future candidate for the Forever Rs club.
Bidwell on 03:16 - Aug 20 with 1292 viewstimcocking

I should hope he does.
Bidwell on 08:31 - Aug 20 with 1236 viewssevenhoop

Bidwell on 13:05 - Aug 19 by Lblock

Just me then........

I thought he was awful in relation to the pay he was getting.
I'll caveat that with acceptance he was often tucking in to cover Lynch but still....

I shall be jeering him loudly

yes, he tried and deserves a warm reception, but desperately limited and incapable of receiving the ball and making any move forward unless it was played in front of him, so it always went backwards. Manning shows what can be done if you have the talent.

And, whilst I am on it unless you are Messi, why would you not work and work on your weaker side day after day after day so that you could actually kick the ball with confidence with both feet. I never get that. it's not as if they have limited time to practice weaknesses. I used to kick a ball repeatedly against a wall with my left foot until I could use it.
Bidwell on 08:59 - Aug 20 with 1219 viewsRblockPrior

Totally agree with this and it definitely feels our fans either love or hate past players. Those who have put in a good shift working to the best of their ability seem to be forgotten.

Our fans are always very quick to get on the back on our current players though so it is no surprise ex players are not given the best welcome

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Bidwell on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 1206 viewsterryb

I will treat him exactly the same as i do the majority of ex Rangers players playing against us.

Complete indifference! No clapping & no jeering. I will leave those reactions for the players that have performed above the call of duty (Faurlin) or those I detest (Barton).

He may have a blinder against us, but I will still be pleased he isn't playing for us & that we have a far better left back now.

Last season was by far Bidwell's best for us, but his potential to be caught out by the pass inside him came to the fore many times.
Login to get fewer ads

Bidwell on 10:16 - Aug 20 with 1186 viewssmegma

Bidwell on 13:52 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we had eleven Bidwells turning out 6 out of 10 every week we’d have been promoted.

Yes. If we were in the Combined Counties League.
Bidwell on 10:21 - Aug 20 with 1175 viewsfrancisbowles

Bidwell was very poor occasionally, poor on more than a few occasions, good some times and average on the whole.

He was a hard working, honest pro albeit he may have been paid very well.

He deserves a warm hand and then we hope he has a torrid time.
Bidwell on 10:26 - Aug 20 with 1161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bidwell on 21:29 - Aug 19 by Lblock

He was earning more than me and everyone combined on this thread I’d say.

Maybe I shouldn’t have related it to pay.

I’ll restate it – I thought he was totally underwhelming and so very often at the scene of the crime. Rarely stopped crosses coming in and contributed extremely little going forward.
Lacked any pace.
Never saw much in the way of positive passes.

Yep, we’ve had far, far, far worse players; and I’d take him over Boswanka, Paul Bruce and many others. However I simply didn’t rate him and he’s just another opposition player to me, one I hope we give a torrid time to and he puts in similar displays as when he revisited his previous employers with us.

Trust that clarifies my position

Now you've clarified it looks even more spiteful!
Bidwell on 10:40 - Aug 20 with 1147 viewsstevec

You only love him because he plays on the Left.

Other side and you'd be calling him a shaven headed thug with right wing tendencies.
Bidwell on 10:40 - Aug 20 with 1145 viewsWestbourneR

Bidwell on 21:29 - Aug 19 by Lblock

He was earning more than me and everyone combined on this thread I’d say.

Maybe I shouldn’t have related it to pay.

I’ll restate it – I thought he was totally underwhelming and so very often at the scene of the crime. Rarely stopped crosses coming in and contributed extremely little going forward.
Lacked any pace.
Never saw much in the way of positive passes.

Yep, we’ve had far, far, far worse players; and I’d take him over Boswanka, Paul Bruce and many others. However I simply didn’t rate him and he’s just another opposition player to me, one I hope we give a torrid time to and he puts in similar displays as when he revisited his previous employers with us.

Trust that clarifies my position

Whatever his limitations as a player, and there were many, he was not lacking in good attitude and therefore in no way deserves to be jeered.

Surely as fans we should be trying to reinforce a good ethic at the club - not slip way below it ourselves?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:42]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bidwell on 10:42 - Aug 20 with 1143 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bidwell on 10:40 - Aug 20 by stevec

You only love him because he plays on the Left.

Other side and you'd be calling him a shaven headed thug with right wing tendencies.

😆

Seriously though, I appreciate we have better now in Manning. I just don’t understand the bile.
Bidwell on 09:35 - Aug 21 with 956 viewsRblockPrior

Positive words about us and Warburton from Bidwell on Swansea official site

Bidwell on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 913 viewsdaveB

I liked Bidwell, thought he was a decent player for us
Bidwell on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 855 viewsridethewave

Bidwell on 16:18 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not being snidely LBlock but how much was he earning?

£15k a week, direct from more than one source.

Nice bloke, always tried, but totally bog-standard. I think a warm applause should suffice.
Bidwell on 13:57 - Aug 21 with 805 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Every time I saw him he was cack. He did however give 100% so can't fault that.

I guess others saw him more and I just saw the off games.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bidwell on 14:14 - Aug 21 with 776 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bidwell on 13:57 - Aug 21 by Metallica_Hoop

Every time I saw him he was cack. He did however give 100% so can't fault that.

I guess others saw him more and I just saw the off games.

That sounds like a fair summary. Swansea fans have been impressed thus far however.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024