Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten foes from Second Division 14:22 - Aug 19 with 7181 viewsNorthernr

So all that Bristol City nostalgia, and talk about how terrified we used to be of Scott Murray, got me thinking last week. Who are the players we feared playing/loathed seeing in those three years in the Second Division and then immediately forgot all about once we were promoted.

Remember we used to have real problems with Martin Bullock and ben Burgess, hated Leon Knight and Wayne Andrews.

Thinking of doing a piece for AKUTRs on it so any others greatly appreciated...
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 07:52 - Aug 21 with 772 viewsloftboy

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 23:12 - Aug 20 by SydneyRs

The one that sticks in my mind is a poster called IRJD or something like that (may have the letters the wrong way). Always an easy target for wind ups.

As someone else mentioned the Plymouth lot joined us in mocking them.

Early in the first Div 2 season I was in the UK and went to our home game v Bristol City. This was the hastily and cheaply cobbled together side with Leroy Griffiths, Terrell Forbes, Aziz Ben-Askar (who looked really good) etc. It was a 0-0 draw, but I don't think I've ever left LR feeling more proud given the fighting spirit we showed that night. A true Holloway team. I remember Tony Thorpe hit the bar for them and we later signed him.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:13]

We signed Thorpe from Luton, got him for peanuts after Qpr made an offer direct to their administrator, really pîssed off their fans.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:20 - Aug 21 with 638 viewsYorkRanger

I could be wrong but I have a vague recollection of Jimmy Bullard playing well against us in a heavy defeat at Peterborough. Think we lost 4 or 5 to 1, cant remember exactly when, others may recall.

We never seemed to play well there. I think in the game in question we had a player sent off (Shittu maybe).

Anyone help with my fading memory?
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:42 - Aug 21 with 608 viewsGalileo

Not sure if been mentioned, Dave Kitson always seem to do well against us starting with his goal in our defeat at Cambridge and thereafter for Reading.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:50 - Aug 21 with 592 viewsMick_S

David Nugent. Proper hard.

Asks for a sub at the end - quality!

Edit - forgot to add - Preston back in the day. Decent player.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 14:51]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:35 - Aug 21 with 560 viewsJacksDad

Leroy Lita .... remember him playing in animal print boots and shouting Leroy Lita and his Tiger feeta before he tore us a new one.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 515 views00calben

Excellent thread! So many I had forgotten about! Great work
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 19:08 - Aug 21 with 463 viewsqprxtc

Ralph, Lawton, Brazier, Collins, McDermott, Nesbitt, Aspinall, Haddrell, Cumiskey, Fearns, Young. Subs: Hogg, Thompson, Lynch, Derek Ward, Welton.

Gits one and all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024