Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton 21:13 - Aug 19 with 6131 viewscolinallcars

Bolton, with only three senior players available have postponed their match with Doncaster scheduled for tomorrow. This won't go down well with the EFL, but it's anout time the EFL took responsibilty for what is happening to some of the clubs under its umbrella. They'll probably just punish Bolton and wash their hands of it.
Bolton on 10:01 - Aug 20 with 2245 viewsterryb

I'm another one who can't understand how Bolton are treated differently to Bury. Hasn't the "takeover" been about to happen for two years now? I know the prospective owners have changed, but that has been the get out clause for such a long time.

Unlike a lot of you, I don't think that other clubs should come to their rescue. I'm yet to hear anyone sugest that Sainsbury/Tesco should give money to a local shopkeeper to stop them going out of business. City/United etc. can't be held responsible for the actions of club owners that persue dreams beyond the size of their bank accounts.

Will anybody expect West Ham to bail out Billericay Town when the roof falls in on them? They didn't when Hornchurch went t*ts up for the same reasons!
Bolton on 10:18 - Aug 20 with 2212 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bolton on 10:01 - Aug 20 by terryb

I'm another one who can't understand how Bolton are treated differently to Bury. Hasn't the "takeover" been about to happen for two years now? I know the prospective owners have changed, but that has been the get out clause for such a long time.

Unlike a lot of you, I don't think that other clubs should come to their rescue. I'm yet to hear anyone sugest that Sainsbury/Tesco should give money to a local shopkeeper to stop them going out of business. City/United etc. can't be held responsible for the actions of club owners that persue dreams beyond the size of their bank accounts.

Will anybody expect West Ham to bail out Billericay Town when the roof falls in on them? They didn't when Hornchurch went t*ts up for the same reasons!

Proper cold mate.

May it never happen to us (again) !
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:35]
Bolton on 10:25 - Aug 20 with 2198 viewsRangersDave

Been looking at Bolton for a while now.
I honestly don't think any of the parties have the money at this time.

I also think that 1 of the parties is looking to buy the hotel, ground and car park and asset strip, knock the stadium down and build flats on the car park with possibly more flats or shops on the stadium footprint.

After all, its prime, and the site is 200yds from the motorway and 100yds from a station with very frequent train services.

This 'hanging it out' is only driving the price down as the receiver will look to the maximum he can get, which with the delays grows less almost by the hour.

I truly feel for the fans of both teams, and makes me sick that this can and does happen.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bolton on 10:28 - Aug 20 with 2185 viewsgobbles

DP
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:30]
Bolton on 10:30 - Aug 20 with 2176 viewsgobbles

Bolton on 21:52 - Aug 19 by hamptonhillhoop

Don’t worry. We’ve got the Salford City Red Devil’s of 92 now. We don’t need Bury or Bolton and all their history anymore

That Class of '92 show is truly nauseating, made worse because Neville clearly is given last cut so he always appears a genius
Bolton on 10:54 - Aug 20 with 2117 viewsterryb

Bolton on 10:18 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Proper cold mate.

May it never happen to us (again) !
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:35]

No it's's not cold.

I have every sympathy with the supporters of those two clubs, but that doesn't mean that should extend to the people responsible for creating the current problems. Many a club have survived by facing up to reality after their owners have taken them to the edge of extinction. Others have returned as reformed clubs & have prospered by doing so.

IF our current owners were to place us in this position I would not expect Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. to come to our rescue. Nor should they! It would be a mess of our own doing & it would be up to us supporters to find a future.

This happened to the first football club I fell in love with. Chesham United in the 1990's were very close to bankruptcy after the failure of the owners business. He left crippling debts from his dream of making the club the best non league team in the country (and nearly suceeded!).

One that is very close to your heart, the supporters took over the running of the club & arranged to pay off ALL debts provided their creditors allowed them the time to do so. No interest was charged & it took approx. twenty years to reach their goal, but pay everyone off they did! This only happened, of course, due to the goodwill of the creditors.

Bury & Bolton do have a future, although they may have to start at a lower level than the EFL & I hope that they gradually work their way back to their current level. As somebody who has often stated that he would have no problem with Rangers being relegated to secure their future I would have thought that you understood this. I actually stand side by side with you on this issue!

In summary, I'm very pro these clubs & their supporters (Macclesfield as well) providing they adjust to live within their means. However, I have no wish for the owners of these clubs to receive special treatment.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 10:59]
Bolton on 11:20 - Aug 20 with 2071 viewsBuckR

Bolton on 10:30 - Aug 20 by gobbles

That Class of '92 show is truly nauseating, made worse because Neville clearly is given last cut so he always appears a genius

It is still a pretty good watch though - although I agree in regards its nauseating. It was worth watching when the two joint managers were in charge
Bolton on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 2048 viewsstowmarketrange

Bolton on 08:07 - Aug 20 by Phildo

My nieces husband is a lifelong Bury supporter. Goes to every match with his dad which has shaped his whole life- in his job he could be working elsewhere for more money but the ties that bind you etc. He is devastated and does not think there is any way back. Gutting to watch.

I don’t understand why the fl didn’t cut Bury some slack and allow them to play their league cup game last week.If they had beaten Wednesday and progressed,they could’ve just switched the losers over with the winners in the next round if they expel them from the league in the next few weeks.And if they’d lost,they’d be out anyway.

It’s all a real mess and it’s not being handled well by the football authorities.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton on 11:53 - Aug 20 with 2009 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If only there was some way of being able to stop this happening again.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/labours-manifesto-pledges-football-
Bolton on 13:20 - Aug 20 with 1910 viewsenfieldargh

Was talking with a Crewe fan on the way back from Stoke(thanks a lot Finney) but he did slur/say that he has no sympathy for Bury as they signed Nicky Maynard last season paid him 6K per week.

Crewe & Bury similar sized clubs/gates etc.

Crewe's max wage is 2k per week and by no means the average wage with is around 700-800/pw

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bolton on 13:29 - Aug 20 with 1888 viewsPinnerPaul

Bolton on 13:20 - Aug 20 by enfieldargh

Was talking with a Crewe fan on the way back from Stoke(thanks a lot Finney) but he did slur/say that he has no sympathy for Bury as they signed Nicky Maynard last season paid him 6K per week.

Crewe & Bury similar sized clubs/gates etc.

Crewe's max wage is 2k per week and by no means the average wage with is around 700-800/pw

Have to say I agree with you. Also getting on for 40% of that £6K per week is for the inland revenue.

When IR are the major creditors, these clubs are paying the players net of tax deduction and then not passing that to the government.
Bolton on 13:53 - Aug 20 with 1847 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bolton on 13:29 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

Have to say I agree with you. Also getting on for 40% of that £6K per week is for the inland revenue.

When IR are the major creditors, these clubs are paying the players net of tax deduction and then not passing that to the government.

I think we need to separate the deeds of owners from the rights of supporters.

A football club is clearly not like a supermarket or a energy supplier. Supermarkets and energy suppliers don’t have the same emotional and sentimental value football clubs do yet they are subject to the same insolvency laws.

The penalty for financially ruining a business of community interest such as a Football Clubs should be custodial and the asset seizing that comes with bankruptcy shouldn’t be valid.

The Football League and FA wish to have their cake and eat it. You can’t live off the revenue that paying Nicky Maynard 6k per week and then shit all over the club when it inevitably goes down the toilet.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 13:54]
Bolton on 13:58 - Aug 20 with 1837 viewsPinnerPaul

Bolton on 13:53 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think we need to separate the deeds of owners from the rights of supporters.

A football club is clearly not like a supermarket or a energy supplier. Supermarkets and energy suppliers don’t have the same emotional and sentimental value football clubs do yet they are subject to the same insolvency laws.

The penalty for financially ruining a business of community interest such as a Football Clubs should be custodial and the asset seizing that comes with bankruptcy shouldn’t be valid.

The Football League and FA wish to have their cake and eat it. You can’t live off the revenue that paying Nicky Maynard 6k per week and then shit all over the club when it inevitably goes down the toilet.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 13:54]

BUT if they paid him £3.5 K per week, they could afford to pay him and the taxman!

I agree its never the supporters fault.

See the Colin Murray piece in the Metro last week that I posted on the PL thread - he sums up the appalling behaviour of many owners perfectly.
Bolton on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 1831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bolton on 13:58 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

BUT if they paid him £3.5 K per week, they could afford to pay him and the taxman!

I agree its never the supporters fault.

See the Colin Murray piece in the Metro last week that I posted on the PL thread - he sums up the appalling behaviour of many owners perfectly.

I never saw it but I shall have a look!
Bolton on 14:03 - Aug 20 with 1818 viewsPinnerPaul

Bolton on 14:00 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I never saw it but I shall have a look!

https://www.metro.news/colin-murray-same-old-story-on-the-socio-path-to-disaster

Here it is Bazz!
Bolton on 16:22 - Aug 20 with 1705 viewsCamberleyR

Bolton on 08:18 - Aug 20 by Konk

I can't understand why the Nevilles didn't get involved with Bury rather than Salford. They're from Bury and their Dad's a Bury fan.

If only every club had a Steve Gibson or a Dick Knight/Tony Bloom.

Not just a fan, I think he worked as Bury's commercial manager/director for many years. They posthumously named their main stand after him a couple of years ago. Not only that, the Nevilles' mum Jill, was also the company secretary for Bury for over 20 years.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bolton on 22:02 - Aug 20 with 1543 viewsVancouverHoop

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago

This is an FL problem. Picking off the latest casualties does none of us any favours.
Bolton on 22:31 - Aug 20 with 1512 viewsenfieldargh

So if QPR over spent and broke FFP because we we spent 6 million on a Bolton player, 1 million on a Bury player etc etc we would get fined for over spending on ffp.

What a stupid bloody rule

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bolton on 22:33 - Aug 20 with 1508 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Perhaps a good time to join the FSF

http://www.fsf.org.uk
Bolton on 07:48 - Aug 21 with 1405 viewsTGRRRSSS

Dale has apparently rejected another offer.

ONe thing that isn't clear is when the Bury players last got paid?

Has Dale ever spent a penny on them?
Or is he simply doing the most famous asset strip?

AS for Bolton, I am unsure "football Ventures" have the money they claim to either...

I think, very sadly Bury will be expelled on Friday as I don't think Dale wants to sell, provide proof of funds (and cannot as he doesn't have the figures I suspect).
I did hear his girlfriends boyfriend recently created a company that supposedly has several mill loan owed by the club though...

Any experts suggest how Dale can profit here?
Bolton on 08:16 - Aug 22 with 1272 viewsloftboy

Parkinson and his assistant have resigned.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton on 23:11 - Aug 23 with 1132 viewsloftboy

Could be a last minute saviour for bury, hope it works out for them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton on 14:31 - Aug 26 with 933 viewsDavieQPR

Depends if the money loaned was swallowed by Commission and Consultancy fees and who benefitted from these.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024