Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelly & Kane? 21:31 - Aug 19 with 4017 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

I wonder whether Warbs’ comments about “individual errors” and the fact that he is banging on about competition for places means that we will see Kelly start in goal on Wed and Kane at full back?
Kelly & Kane? on 21:36 - Aug 19 with 3626 viewsHooparoo

I think Kane will start to save Angel’s legs but you don’t drop a keeper after one mistake. Would shatter his confidence.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Kelly & Kane? on 22:41 - Aug 19 with 3482 viewsgazza1

Tough call to drop a player(Rangel) when you playing against his former club.....as for Lumley, another difficult call. but Kelly is Warburton's player.

Will be interesting to see what Warburton does.
Kelly & Kane? on 01:43 - Aug 20 with 3308 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kelly & Kane? on 21:36 - Aug 19 by Hooparoo

I think Kane will start to save Angel’s legs but you don’t drop a keeper after one mistake. Would shatter his confidence.

It's 2 silly mistakes in 3 games from Lumley but fortunately we didn't get punished at Stoke. That said, I agree it's too early to drop him but he needs to up his game otherwise Warburton will pick Kelly.

Kane, I think, is a no brainer. Once he's fully fit he needs to be starting ahead of Rangel.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 1:43]
Kelly & Kane? on 02:50 - Aug 20 with 3275 viewsHooparoo

Kelly & Kane? on 01:43 - Aug 20 by Benny_the_Ball

It's 2 silly mistakes in 3 games from Lumley but fortunately we didn't get punished at Stoke. That said, I agree it's too early to drop him but he needs to up his game otherwise Warburton will pick Kelly.

Kane, I think, is a no brainer. Once he's fully fit he needs to be starting ahead of Rangel.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 1:43]

Agree. Rangel is a good one for the bench as he’s versatile enough to play anywhere in defence. Also a good one to come on late if we’re trying to hang on and need another leader on the pitch.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Kelly & Kane? on 09:00 - Aug 20 with 3100 viewsRblockPrior

For me Kane has to be our 1st choice at RB

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Kelly & Kane? on 10:47 - Aug 20 with 3001 viewssmegma

Do we really have to analyse every comment our manager makes ?? He was stating a fact. It doesn't mean Lumley is going to be dropped immediately FFS. For what it's worth, I believe Lumley is the best keeper we have, get behind him in every game he plays.
Kelly & Kane? on 11:59 - Aug 20 with 2876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kelly & Kane? on 10:47 - Aug 20 by smegma

Do we really have to analyse every comment our manager makes ?? He was stating a fact. It doesn't mean Lumley is going to be dropped immediately FFS. For what it's worth, I believe Lumley is the best keeper we have, get behind him in every game he plays.

Go on, Smeg!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kelly & Kane? on 12:57 - Aug 20 with 2744 viewssimmo

Compeition for places is great and we have that in pretty much every position, but now we've got it, let's not manufacture an environment where every mistake should lead to a player being dropped/replaced every time, especially goalkeepers.

It's game 3 for Lumley who for every sliced clearance and missed catch, has also made goal saving tackles and 1-on-1 saves to sort other peoples mistakes in previous matches. He's also made good strides to improve his ball-playing skills based on what I've seen so far. A prolonged period of poor form and low confidence is one thing, but that's not what this is IMO.

Kane for me is 1st choice with Rangel back up RB, but he's obviously struggling for requisite fitness and despite looking brilliant going forward, I'd be interested to see how well he actually defends when needed.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Kelly & Kane? on 13:17 - Aug 20 with 2669 viewsridethewave

Kelly & Kane? on 21:36 - Aug 19 by Hooparoo

I wouldn't drop him, but he's not only made one mistake. He's made one that resulted in a goal, others the past few games including the tail-end of last season he got away with frankly, including that flap away at Stoke which left a wide open goal with the ball only missing the inside of the post by inches.

He needs to cut these mistakes out or he will be dropped soon, as we know Warburton didn't sign Kelly to sit on the bench forever.

As for Kane that shouldn't even be a debate, I'm sure the intention is to start him when he's fit.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 13:20]
Kelly & Kane? on 13:19 - Aug 20 with 2654 viewsdaveB

Sooner or later he is going to drop Lumley and Manning for Kelly & Wallace, he's been talking those 2 up for a while now. I think Lumley will play tomorrow though
Kelly & Kane? on 13:20 - Aug 20 with 2654 viewsPinnerPaul

Kelly & Kane? on 10:47 - Aug 20 by smegma

Ignoring the specific players mentioned here, MW DID also say there would be '1 or 2 changes' tomorrow.
Kelly & Kane? on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 2573 viewsBuckR

Not sure about Kelly but would think Kane and Chair are nailed on to start
Kelly & Kane? on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 2564 viewsPinnerPaul

Kelly & Kane? on 13:56 - Aug 20 by BuckR

As I've had a bet on Chair to score anytime I hope you're correct!
Kelly & Kane? on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 2421 viewsLongsufferingR

Kelly & Kane? on 13:56 - Aug 20 by BuckR

If that's the case, I'm looking forward to the match even more. Breathless even thinking about it!
Kelly & Kane? on 23:20 - Aug 20 with 2186 viewssmegma

Kelly & Kane? on 13:19 - Aug 20 by daveB

Sooner or later he is going to drop Lumley and Manning for Kelly & Wallace, he's been talking those 2 up for a while now. I think Lumley will play tomorrow though

If Wallace is ever fit ?? I don't think he's played yet
Kelly & Kane? on 07:24 - Aug 21 with 2054 viewscaliforniahoop

Kelly & Kane? on 12:57 - Aug 20 by simmo

Compeition for places is great and we have that in pretty much every position, but now we've got it, let's not manufacture an environment where every mistake should lead to a player being dropped/replaced every time, especially goalkeepers.

It's game 3 for Lumley who for every sliced clearance and missed catch, has also made goal saving tackles and 1-on-1 saves to sort other peoples mistakes in previous matches. He's also made good strides to improve his ball-playing skills based on what I've seen so far. A prolonged period of poor form and low confidence is one thing, but that's not what this is IMO.

Kane for me is 1st choice with Rangel back up RB, but he's obviously struggling for requisite fitness and despite looking brilliant going forward, I'd be interested to see how well he actually defends when needed.

Can’t add anything to this, well said!
Kelly & Kane? on 07:59 - Aug 21 with 2008 viewsEsox_Lucius

IMO it wasn't even a Lumley mistake. I have watched it several times now and it looks as though the intention was for Angel to throw the ball ball to Barbet to back head it to Lumley's hands and when Barbet failed to get his head on it Lumley was badly positioned to kick it as he was expecting it into his hands. All on Rangel & Barbet for me. As Smeg said, Lumley is the best keeper we have and also our longest serving player so instead of looking to hang him out, how about getting behind him?

The grass is always greener.

Kelly & Kane? on 08:13 - Aug 21 with 1979 viewscaliforniahoop

Kelly & Kane? on 07:59 - Aug 21 by Esox_Lucius

IMO it wasn't even a Lumley mistake. I have watched it several times now and it looks as though the intention was for Angel to throw the ball ball to Barbet to back head it to Lumley's hands and when Barbet failed to get his head on it Lumley was badly positioned to kick it as he was expecting it into his hands. All on Rangel & Barbet for me. As Smeg said, Lumley is the best keeper we have and also our longest serving player so instead of looking to hang him out, how about getting behind him?

Yep
Kelly & Kane? on 08:34 - Aug 21 with 1944 viewsmakaveli1882

Kelly & Kane? on 23:20 - Aug 20 by smegma

If Wallace is ever fit ?? I don't think he's played yet

According to these stats the new Clint Hill played 52 minutes during the season 2018/19 season and 371 during the the 2017/18 season.

In total that is 423 minutes in 2 years and an average of 4.7 games in 2 years in a dire league .
Not looking forward to seeing him at all, exceptions levels for him are really high and I just don't understand why?

Give me Manning and Kane all day long.
Kelly & Kane? on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 1930 viewsmakaveli1882

Kelly & Kane? on 08:34 - Aug 21 by makaveli1882

According to these stats the new Clint Hill played 52 minutes during the season 2018/19 season and 371 during the the 2017/18 season.

In total that is 423 minutes in 2 years and an average of 4.7 games in 2 years in a dire league .
Not looking forward to seeing him at all, exceptions levels for him are really high and I just don't understand why?

https://fbref.com/en/players/c3a396e2/Lee-Wallace
Kelly & Kane? on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 1869 viewsrsonist

Kelly & Kane? on 08:34 - Aug 21 by makaveli1882

Does that tell the story? Double hernia in September 2017 ruled him out for the season and then he was frozen out after a dispute with the club.
Kelly & Kane? on 11:41 - Aug 21 with 1802 viewsEastR

Kane will start, Kelly will not

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Kelly & Kane? on 15:36 - Aug 21 with 1669 viewsPinnerPaul

Kelly & Kane? on 07:59 - Aug 21 by Esox_Lucius

Just to add, under new law amendment 1,023 this season, AFTER taking a swing at the ball, Lumley, if near enough , would have been able to pick the ball up.

One of the more bonkers law changes this season, but true nonetheless.
Kelly & Kane? on 15:41 - Aug 21 with 1655 viewsMick_S

Kelly & Kane? on 15:36 - Aug 21 by PinnerPaul

Just to add, under new law amendment 1,023 this season, AFTER taking a swing at the ball, Lumley, if near enough , would have been able to pick the ball up.

One of the more bonkers law changes this season, but true nonetheless.

It's all too much for me to deal with.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Kelly & Kane? on 15:55 - Aug 21 with 1636 viewsPinnerPaul

Kelly & Kane? on 15:41 - Aug 21 by Mick_S

It's all too much for me to deal with.

They will all come up at some stage in our 46+ game season I'm sure.

Problem is players didn't know old laws so sure as hell won't know these new ones.

You can tell that already by the reaction of the Man City players to the disallowed goal and the reaction of most players everywhere whenever there is a drop ball!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024