Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day 09:35 - Aug 21 with 2469 viewsmakaveli1882

Travelling with GWR at Christmas
From Sunday 15 December 2019 the times of trains will be changing, we’ll be running more services on key routes and many journey times will be faster.

To find out more please visit our New Timetable page.

To help support these improvements, Network Rail will be carrying out several projects this Christmas, so we need to make some changes to the way you travel with us over the Christmas period.

What’s happening?
Tuesday 24 to Friday 27 December*
track renewal and replacement overhead wiring in the Southall area
trains will be unable to run between London Paddington and Slough/Reading
Saturday 28 to Tuesday 31 December
track renewal between London Paddington and Reading
reduced train service between London Paddington and Slough/Reading
Friday 27 December to Tuesday 31 December
track renewal in the Newport area and overhead wiring at Cardiff Central
coaches replace trains between Bristol Parkway, Newport, Cardiff Central and Bridgend
Friday 27 to Tuesday 31 December
bridge strengthening at Guildford
coaches replace trains between North Camp, Guildford, Redhill and Gatwick Airport
Friday 27 December
bridge strengthening in the Salisbury area
coaches replace trains between Southampton Central and Warminster
* GWR will not run any train services on Wednesday 25 or Thursday 26 December

Our travel advice
If you’re planning to get away for Christmas, we recommend doing so by Monday 23 December.

This is before the rail improvement work starts, so there will be more trains running and your journey won’t be affected by diverted services, additional changes or replacement buses.

https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates/planned-engineering/christmas
A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 2433 viewsdaveB

Only way to get train is from Waterloo I think but that goes the long way round and takes forever
A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 10:09 - Aug 21 with 2409 viewsDannyPaddox

Before I organise my travel is this one a must-win?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 10:31]
A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 10:41 - Aug 21 with 2370 viewsMick_S

A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 10:09 - Aug 21 by DannyPaddox

I've booked the whole establishment - just in case like.

London - Meltdown

https://www.meltdown.bar/london

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 10:47 - Aug 21 with 2362 viewsJAPRANGERS

A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 10:09 - Aug 21 by DannyPaddox

Don't worry Remi can play Boxing Day.
A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 15:06 - Aug 21 with 2237 viewssmegma

A long long way off but no trains from London to Reading on Boxing day on 09:56 - Aug 21 by daveB

Only way to get train is from Waterloo I think but that goes the long way round and takes forever

National Rail NEVER runs on Boxing Day.

In other news, King Harold fatally wounded by some Johnny Foreigner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024