Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) 15:14 - Aug 21 with 2426 viewsSir_Chops

Well, we always knew it was going this way: big clubs in Europe with an eye on building global audiences, becoming global brands and businesses. But now that Juventus have actually spoken up on the matter, it sound even more detestable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49412873

- "We have to find the right balance between domestic and global audiences"

- "This is a very old story and one of the more frequent reasons for fights with the league"

- The bigger clubs do not believe the Italian system, which revolves around evening matches, helps them 'sell their brands' globally

- Since Ronaldo joined last year, Juventus have carried out studies that showed their global fanbase has risen by 16% and their 'digital community', their combined followers on various social media platforms including Weibo, has risen by 59% to 81 million

---

I'm going to have to go and bathe my eyes after reading this - but what an utterly bleak outlook for the future of the top level game. The sooner a global super league skims these clubs to disappear up their own backsides, the better for the rest of the game.
It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 16:02 - Aug 21 with 2342 viewsMick_S

Agree Sir_Chops, especially if they take Leeds with them. It's just a personal thing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 16:53 - Aug 21 with 2264 viewsRassilon

Juventus changed their kit this season to black and white halves allegedly because Americans associate their traditional kit with umpires, so the black and white stripes don't sell enough internationally.
It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 17:34 - Aug 21 with 2219 viewsQPR_John

"The sooner a global super league skims these clubs to disappear up their own backsides, the better for the rest of the game. "

What a perfect day that will be.
It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 18:51 - Aug 21 with 2096 viewscolinallcars

It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 17:34 - Aug 21 by QPR_John

"The sooner a global super league skims these clubs to disappear up their own backsides, the better for the rest of the game. "

Agreed, but the all pervasive influence of TV and other media will probably in the end, brain-wash young people leaving a dwindling band of older fans watching teams like the Rangers.
I had a nightmare last week in which pop music was being played throughout the entire 90 minutes in the not too distant future.
It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 2071 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It Sounds Worse When Spoken Aloud (Non-QPR) on 17:34 - Aug 21 by QPR_John

Oh you ain’t lyin’

And if the could get the likes of the LA Lakers, NY Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Ferrari F1 and the All Blacks to somehow play a bastardised/hybrid sport, then their job would be complete!

F..k ‘em and twice on a solstice!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024