Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton on defeat 22:29 - Aug 21 with 4540 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-reacts-to-swansea-defeat/

Hard to argue with any of that. I think the changes on the forum tonight may happen. He is brutally honest and although we have lost a few I hope that he is brave enough to take the decisions to change the CB partnership and give players like BOS, Chair and Eze the platform to go and hurt teams. All 3 are really coming along.

Having watched tonight's game, unlike other seasons where we have lost and looked clueless, if we can fix the problems surfacing at the moment we could be a very developing and exciting team. Just need that home win.

I don't think we are under any illusions. It will be a tough season but if we get this right the platform is there to be a team that holds its own and entertains.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton on defeat on 14:01 - Aug 22 with 1104 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warburton on defeat on 13:55 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

The interviewer is also the offy commentator.

He manages to annoy me more every week I have to listen to him.

It's almost as if he's trying to gift the manager an excuse. Many would of taken the bait and trotted out excuses so I have to commend Warburton for resisting and being brutally honest in his assessment.
Warburton on defeat on 14:56 - Aug 22 with 1039 viewsRs_Holy

I think he's fine... I remember the Irish fella who commentated on the late 90s compilation videos or Terry Cinzano who did early 2000 comms ... both of those were really annoying in comparison
Warburton on defeat on 15:00 - Aug 22 with 1037 viewsCamberleyR

Nick London, ex of BBC Radio London.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton on defeat on 15:15 - Aug 22 with 1001 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on defeat on 14:56 - Aug 22 by Rs_Holy

I think he's fine... I remember the Irish fella who commentated on the late 90s compilation videos or Terry Cinzano who did early 2000 comms ... both of those were really annoying in comparison

Its all opinions I suppose, but from his ridiculous pronunciation of Barbet, to his use of the same old clichés every week and his non existent knowledge of the LOTG, I just find him really annoying!
Warburton on defeat on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 958 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on defeat on 15:15 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Its all opinions I suppose, but from his ridiculous pronunciation of Barbet, to his use of the same old clichés every week and his non existent knowledge of the LOTG, I just find him really annoying!

Just watched the highlights and I give you

1) Calling the mistake by Smith for the gaol as Kane
2) Managing to get both QPR and Swansea player wrong in that chance by Kane in the 2nd half
£) Ludicrously claiming that the Swansea pen wasn't as obvious as the Bidwell handball

I don't mind a bit of bias - its a QPR commentary after all - but he is just ridiculous IMHO.
Warburton on defeat on 16:15 - Aug 22 with 928 viewskarl

I haven't seen games so not commenting on current players but the problem MW had at Glasgow Rangers was his centre backs, the ones he had there weren't very good and his style of play exposes them as well.
Not entirely sure Scott McKenna would be a huge improvement as he works best in a pretty rigid back 4 but sounds like needs someone who is possibly a proper organiser and also reasonably mobile, maybe Richard Dunne type?
It's probably an experienced ex prem player we need but at what cost would that be of course.
Early days and hopefully there's plans afoot to sort defence as sounds exciting from an attacking point of view
Warburton on defeat on 17:49 - Aug 22 with 853 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on defeat on 15:57 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Just watched the highlights and I give you

1) Calling the mistake by Smith for the gaol as Kane
2) Managing to get both QPR and Swansea player wrong in that chance by Kane in the 2nd half
£) Ludicrously claiming that the Swansea pen wasn't as obvious as the Bidwell handball

I don't mind a bit of bias - its a QPR commentary after all - but he is just ridiculous IMHO.

and my post is littered with just as many mistakes!
Warburton on defeat on 18:54 - Aug 22 with 799 viewsVancouverHoop

Defences take time to bed in. We've had four at the back who've never played as a unit before. There have been, and will be, mistakes. Sometimes gormless looking ones, caused mainly by by lack of communication (and I don't mean just talking to each other.) But, if Warburton is anything like the manager he's claimed to be, no one is going to get thrown under the bus yet. They will, and should, be given time. Even Barbet, who was probably a big spend in our current straitened circumstances. As others have said. Give it ten games and see where we are, not just in terms of league position but as a settled group.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on defeat on 20:44 - Aug 22 with 697 viewsEsox_Lucius

Barbet was a free transfer.

The grass is always greener.

Warburton on defeat on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 668 viewsVancouverHoop

Warburton on defeat on 20:44 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

Barbet was a free transfer.

Ah, cheers. Though as an established Championship player his salary would be comparably high I'd guess.
Warburton on defeat on 21:30 - Aug 22 with 635 viewsrsonist

Warburton on defeat on 15:15 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

How is Barbet pronounced?
Warburton on defeat on 21:34 - Aug 22 with 629 viewsdavman

Warburton on defeat on 21:30 - Aug 22 by rsonist

How is Barbet pronounced?

"flatters to deceive" is the.proper pronunciation > think...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton on defeat on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 624 viewsrsonist

Warburton on defeat on 16:15 - Aug 22 by karl

I haven't seen games so not commenting on current players but the problem MW had at Glasgow Rangers was his centre backs, the ones he had there weren't very good and his style of play exposes them as well.
Not entirely sure Scott McKenna would be a huge improvement as he works best in a pretty rigid back 4 but sounds like needs someone who is possibly a proper organiser and also reasonably mobile, maybe Richard Dunne type?
It's probably an experienced ex prem player we need but at what cost would that be of course.
Early days and hopefully there's plans afoot to sort defence as sounds exciting from an attacking point of view

Sounds like you're describing Cameron... which is what we thought was on the cards initially.
Warburton on defeat on 21:55 - Aug 22 with 607 viewsbarbicanranger

Edit: this is was in response to @Simmo's post above.

Bang on.

In the lead up to our first goal I thought some of the interplay from BOS, Eze and Chair was the best I have seen since Faurlin, Tarbs and Mackie. I thought if we score here we'll blow the bloody doors off (but then we gave the penalty away).

Although we lost and I'm sure there will be many more defeats I think we will be very exciting to watch at home if we can hold on to these young players. Then we just need to tweak and enhance the defence. Plenty to build on IMO.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 21:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024