Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope 12:48 - Aug 22 with 1915 viewsOakR

First game of the season for me last night, and first time seeing a few players.

Swansea played some good stuff i the first half, nice quick passing looking to cut through us.

We were much better at the end of the half and into the second half and when we equalised it looked like we would push on to win.

The worst part of last night was effectively giving them their first 2 goals, but when we played well we played really well.

The team that ended the game looked very good going forwards. Based solely on last night I'd like to see Chair and Pugh start. I'd prefer to have Cameron in for Scowen as we are quite a small, and inexperienced side.

It felt to me like if we could keep this team together we could have a potentially exciting season though we look weak defensively (effectively new back four) but as we get better as a unit we have a lot of energy and no little skill in the team.

It's odd saying it after a 3-1 loss, but I feel positive after seeing what we are trying to do. Cut out the errors, get our passing going a bit faster, work on pressing as a unit as we did at times but not always last night, and things could look good.

I thought Eze, Pugh, Manning, Chair and Bright all combined well - great movement and short passing.

Hugill took his goal very well.

Hard to judge Amos as he was injured so early. Smith looked a bit out of his depth at times but never hid - I suspect he might be better coming off the bench for a while and or needs more games to settle. I'd have Pugh or Chair in ahead of him.

A game we effectively threw away, but if we play like we did in the second half, we should be ok this season.

Poll: Will we stay up?

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:44 - Aug 22 with 1789 viewsheadhoops

Also my first visit for the season and you have summed it up perfectly. The first 20 minutes of the 2nd half were as good as I've seen for a number of years.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:50 - Aug 22 with 1774 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with OakR.

I would add though, we can't not score from 5 attempts from less than 10 yards.

At least one of those has to go in. Add to that the mistakes at the back and as good as we are playing we have to address those two issues.

MW well aware of that, impressed with his interview to the idiotic and biased questions from our matchday commentator who is annoying me more and more each week I hear him.
First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 14:53 - Aug 22 with 1697 viewsBoston

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:50 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Agree with OakR.

At least one of those has to go in. Add to that the mistakes at the back and as good as we are playing we have to address those two issues.

MW well aware of that, impressed with his interview to the idiotic and biased questions from our matchday commentator who is annoying me more and more each week I hear him.

The commentator....no, not the greatest.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:49 - Aug 23 with 1429 viewsOakR

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:50 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Agree with OakR.

Completely agree Pinner re scoring from close range - think it was just one of those nights.

Poll: Will we stay up?

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 1372 viewsjonno

First game last night - mixture of frustration and hope on 13:49 - Aug 23 by OakR

Completely agree Pinner re scoring from close range - think it was just one of those nights.

You need to remember that we conceded three goals, and at home. We conceded three goals in the previous home game and we have yet to keep a clean sheet. In my view, the defence is the absolute priority. If we don't tighten that up we are in serious trouble - but it is early days and I would expect this to be the main area they are working on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024