Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugills miss 19:41 - Aug 24 with 4337 viewsloftboy

Up there with Dean coneys down at Portsmouth.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 19:41]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hugills miss on 19:43 - Aug 24 with 3368 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, that was my first thought. I think that Coney's was worse?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugills miss on 19:43 - Aug 24 with 3361 viewseghamranger

Coming home from work on train and just seen it on highlights posted here..

Is a shocker... however, he obviously kept his head up and got one a few minutes later... fair play
Hugills miss on 19:45 - Aug 24 with 3338 viewsEsox_Lucius

My first thought too. Dean would have been proud.

The grass is always greener.

Hugills miss on 19:50 - Aug 24 with 3282 viewsDejR_vu

It really was bad. Fair play to him having the composure to score the other one, he could have gone to pot but he shrugged it off and buried a far more difficult one.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hugills miss on 20:00 - Aug 24 with 3214 viewsVancouverHoop

The one he did score was real quality I thought. The finish reminded me of Eze's from a few week's back. Just passed it inside the far post. It would've been much easier to snatch 'n' blast it. Goals like that indicate a proper striker. (Unlike the one the two chances he muffed.) Still, three goals so far are not shabby.
Hugills miss on 20:03 - Aug 24 with 3202 viewsFearless

Hugills miss on 20:00 - Aug 24 by VancouverHoop

The one he did score was real quality I thought. The finish reminded me of Eze's from a few week's back. Just passed it inside the far post. It would've been much easier to snatch 'n' blast it. Goals like that indicate a proper striker. (Unlike the one the two chances he muffed.) Still, three goals so far are not shabby.

Haha - I’ve been boring Clive for years with tales of Coneys miss - now he’s got a comparison

Coneys was worse!!!!!!
Hugills miss on 20:06 - Aug 24 with 3178 viewsconnell10

1 in 3 chances taken , i like this striker a lot! Dont hide and always trys!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hugills miss on 20:12 - Aug 24 with 3149 viewsslmrstid

In fairness to Jordan I think the ball bobbled up right before it got to him so sidefoot + ball in air = ball ballooning skyward.

Mind you if he'd used his laces the ball would have stayed low!

Really pleased he scored just after, it was an excellent finish, and we won. We saw with Nahki Wells last year just how much a bad finish leading to a bad result can destroy confidence!
Login to get fewer ads

Hugills miss on 20:23 - Aug 24 with 3090 viewsstowmarketrange

Hugills miss on 20:03 - Aug 24 by Fearless

Haha - I’ve been boring Clive for years with tales of Coneys miss - now he’s got a comparison

Coneys was worse!!!!!!

Coney did have an excuse that it was a crap pitch.Todays pitches are like carpets compared to the one at Fratton park 30 years ago.
Although today’s one did look bad.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 20:48]
Hugills miss on 20:27 - Aug 24 with 3048 viewsqprxtc

Wasn’t there today but remember Coneys being bad.

The one o remember as being worse was Kevin Gallen away at Walsall in the league cup in about 1999. I think he missed when he was almost in the net himself. Sorry Kev.
Hugills miss on 20:40 - Aug 24 with 2953 viewsFearless

Finally, someone else who remembers it!
Hugills miss on 20:48 - Aug 24 with 2913 viewsFDC

I think of the three--all good goals--his was my favourite: properly composed well-taken goal, and arguably all the better for the earlier miss. Proper striker's goal, lovely to see from a Rangers player.
Hugills miss on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 2862 viewsGloucs_R

He's taking it like s trooper on twitter though

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hugills miss on 21:38 - Aug 24 with 2745 viewsTacticalR

Maybe he can't score the easy ones, only the hard ones.

Air hostess clique

Hugills miss on 22:03 - Aug 24 with 2627 viewsqueensparker

Was a shocker, but tucking away a beauty a few minutes later means he gets a free pass. I like Hugill, he’s got a dirty nasty side to him that a lone striker needs and he’s got three goals already in five games, he carries on like that and he’ll be top scorer in the league.
Hugills miss on 22:43 - Aug 24 with 2483 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hugills miss on 20:48 - Aug 24 by FDC

I think of the three--all good goals--his was my favourite: properly composed well-taken goal, and arguably all the better for the earlier miss. Proper striker's goal, lovely to see from a Rangers player.

I hate being negative after a win, but I thought their keeper Marshall should have got to it, and Eze's goal.

But we were the better side and missed a couple of chances we should have put away so swings and roundabouts.
Hugills miss on 23:27 - Aug 24 with 2367 viewsGloryHunter

He did sky another reasonable chance towards the end as well. I can see why he hasn't made it in the Prem. He's on good money, to score goals.
Hugills miss on 23:46 - Aug 24 with 2319 viewsGloryHunter

Hugills miss on 22:43 - Aug 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I hate being negative after a win, but I thought their keeper Marshall should have got to it, and Eze's goal.

But we were the better side and missed a couple of chances we should have put away so swings and roundabouts.

The keeper was wrong-footed by Barbet's dummy. He was expecting Barbet to left-foot it into the wall, as we all were!
Hugills miss on 01:13 - Aug 25 with 2178 viewstimcocking

Three goals so far is it? Well done Jordan. We've all missed the odd sitter.
Hugills miss on 01:21 - Aug 25 with 2172 viewssmegma

Hugills miss on 19:43 - Aug 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, that was my first thought. I think that Coney's was worse?

Coney took aim from 3 yards , under the bar and put it yards over the bar. Hugill stabbed a foot at a fast moving ball and it ricocheted over the bar. Dean still holds the unenviable 'worse miss ever' Im afraid. He did score the only goal that day at Fratton Park though.
Hugills miss on 01:39 - Aug 25 with 2142 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hugills miss on 23:46 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

The keeper was wrong-footed by Barbet's dummy. He was expecting Barbet to left-foot it into the wall, as we all were!

I get that, but he seemed to have sight of it for ages after it passed the wall and it wasn't very fast. In fact it bounced twice.

Thats how it look to me from the Upper Loft anyway
Hugills miss on 09:18 - Aug 25 with 1851 viewsrsonist

Hugills miss on 23:27 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

He did sky another reasonable chance towards the end as well. I can see why he hasn't made it in the Prem. He's on good money, to score goals.

As goalscoring goes he's actually overperforming at this rate - his reputation is based on his workrate, pressing and hold up play and he's never scored more than 13 in a season in his career. Three Prem starts as a panic buy in a West Ham shambles is also nothing to judge by.
Hugills miss on 10:14 - Aug 25 with 1769 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugills miss on 22:43 - Aug 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

They were my thoughts too he seemed very indecisive.
Hugills miss on 10:21 - Aug 25 with 1751 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hugills miss on 23:27 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

Yes, that was Washingtonesque.

Lovely ball from Eze as an assist for the one he scored as well.
Hugills miss on 10:25 - Aug 25 with 1737 viewsjohnhoop

Thought his hold up play was excellent as well, bringing down long balls on his chest and holding them till support arrived to bring other people into play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024