Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we got ourselves into here? Preview 10:16 - Aug 30 with 2946 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50795
What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 11:43 - Aug 30 with 2769 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I suppose Charlie Owens could be another option to consider in the base of midfield. Obviously unproven at Championship level but I thought he looked decent the little I’ve seen of him. Keeps it simple and fairly mobile.

-----------Lumley----------------
Kane---Hall---Cameron---Manning
------------Owens---Amos-------------
Eze--------Chair---------BOS/Wells/Pugh
-----------------Hugill------------------

This team might be worth a look at when all fit although I suspect we’ll stick with Barbet until better can be found.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 2592 viewsoldmisery

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 11:43 - Aug 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

I suppose Charlie Owens could be another option to consider in the base of midfield. Obviously unproven at Championship level but I thought he looked decent the little I’ve seen of him. Keeps it simple and fairly mobile.

This team might be worth a look at when all fit although I suspect we’ll stick with Barbet until better can be found.

Much has already been said about the Manager's requirements for 'ball playing' central defenders and we've seen the results of a lack of physicality in the pairing of Hall and Barbet in the first few games - which led to the inclusion of Leistner halfway through the Wigan match. Unfortunately big Toni's retention resulted in different problems against Portsmouth and has landed MW with another selection dilemma for tomorrow's game.
Given that he seems very reluctant to drop the Frenchman, it may be an idea to pair Hall and Cameron (if fit) at Centre Back and play Barbet as a defensive midfielder - which is essentially swapping Cameron and Barbet's roles. This would allow MW to retain the player who perhaps best suits his playing philosophy yet would remove Barbet from the last line of defence where his rash challenges either give away penalties or his sleepwalking allows opponents to sneak behind him and score virtually open goals at will.
What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 13:35 - Aug 30 with 2554 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 13:23 - Aug 30 by oldmisery

Much has already been said about the Manager's requirements for 'ball playing' central defenders and we've seen the results of a lack of physicality in the pairing of Hall and Barbet in the first few games - which led to the inclusion of Leistner halfway through the Wigan match. Unfortunately big Toni's retention resulted in different problems against Portsmouth and has landed MW with another selection dilemma for tomorrow's game.
Given that he seems very reluctant to drop the Frenchman, it may be an idea to pair Hall and Cameron (if fit) at Centre Back and play Barbet as a defensive midfielder - which is essentially swapping Cameron and Barbet's roles. This would allow MW to retain the player who perhaps best suits his playing philosophy yet would remove Barbet from the last line of defence where his rash challenges either give away penalties or his sleepwalking allows opponents to sneak behind him and score virtually open goals at will.

Will also be interesting to see what Warburton does with Wallace if he can get him fit. With Manning surely undroppable in his current form maybe Wallace will play as part of a back 3.

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 14:05 - Aug 30 with 2500 viewsStanisgod

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 13:35 - Aug 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Will also be interesting to see what Warburton does with Wallace if he can get him fit. With Manning surely undroppable in his current form maybe Wallace will play as part of a back 3.

Why did we get Wallace if he's some way from fitness?
Just asking like.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 15:25 - Aug 30 with 2386 viewsEsox_Lucius

If only that pesky WBA hadn't stolen Semi Ajayi away from us.

The grass is always greener.

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 15:27 - Aug 30 with 2381 viewsPhildo

The fact we were trying so hard to add a centre back is in some way a comfort- they actually knew that was an issue and tried to fix it.
What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 17:16 - Aug 30 with 2240 viewsAntti_Heinola

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 11:43 - Aug 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Would be shocked if he risked Owens - looks a long way off to me, but not a bad player by any means. I also fully expect Rangel to play tomorrow.
I know he's not had an amazing start to the season, but I'd rather Scowen base of midfield and Cameron with Hall at the back.
But i think he'll go:

Lumley
Rangel Barbet Hall Manning
Cameron Amos
Eze Chair BOS
Hugill

Pugh looked knackered on Wed, so I think BOS may get the nod. Also, not that I'd agree, I think he may play smith and drop/rest Chair.

Bare bones.

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 1424 viewsLazyFan

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 14:05 - Aug 30 by Stanisgod

Why did we get Wallace if he's some way from fitness?
Just asking like.

I think he got injured in the preseason.
But if I recall I read somewhere he was not always fit last season.
So, it seems his body is getting old now as happens with older players who tend to get injured more often as they wind down their careers.

But I could be wrong.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 19:23 - Aug 31 with 1237 viewssmegma

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 14:28 - Aug 31 by LazyFan

I think he got injured in the preseason.
But if I recall I read somewhere he was not always fit last season.
So, it seems his body is getting old now as happens with older players who tend to get injured more often as they wind down their careers.

But I could be wrong.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He made 3 sub appearances last season.
What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 20:57 - Aug 31 with 1133 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 19:23 - Aug 31 by smegma

He made 3 sub appearances last season.

I thought the story was that he was basically frozen out at Rangers?

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 13:05 - Sep 1 with 664 viewsWestbourneR

What have we got ourselves into here? Preview on 15:27 - Aug 30 by Phildo

The fact we were trying so hard to add a centre back is in some way a comfort- they actually knew that was an issue and tried to fix it.

Very good point. Was thinking just this myself yesterday

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024