Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two 12:08 - Sep 3 with 3088 viewsoldmisery

Including the, 'we left but now we're back' trio; we have now finally sold, released, sent back or sent out on loan an amazing 22 players who were on the books last year. They are:
Ingram, Smith, Freeman, Luongo, Furlong, Goss (Sold)
Hemed, Wells, Cameron (Parent Club)
Lynch, Bidwell, Wszolek, Cousins, Wheeler, Baptiste, Rangel (Released)
Smyth, Phillips, Dieng, Hamalainen, Oteh, Kakay (On Loan)

Having followed the ups and downs of this club for almost 60 years, the only other occasion when we lost such a shed load of players was at the start of 2001/2002, the infamous beginnings of going into administration, when some 31 players left the club during that summer.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two (n/t) on 13:47 - Sep 3 with 2883 viewsQPR_John

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:48]
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 15:00 - Sep 3 with 2741 viewsTonto

Out of those 22, there aren't that many you would beg to come back either... although we did with Wells, so maybe that's 21?

The only one you would get universal backing or is Freeman.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 18:08 - Sep 3 with 2594 viewsrunningman75

I would still have kept Smith, Hugill and Wells are different class but sometimes you need to play ugly football to win games which is probably why Smith is better off at Millwall.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 18:16 - Sep 3 with 2585 viewsLazyFan

I think we got Cameron back as well no?
So, 20 net really.

As I am not on twitter with the other twits I thought I join in the madness and add this....
On another note, I have yet to see our "Marquee" signing of an outrageous £50K for Kelly play. Why blow our massive budget on a player and not play him?

Sack the board, sack Warbs, sack Evil Less, sack Hoos, sack everyone, sack, sack, ad infinitum :PPPPP

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 20:08 - Sep 3 with 2508 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would have had Wzsolek back, tireless runner, good defensively and chipped in with a few goals. May have thrived in this new system in the right wing back position.

The grass is always greener.

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 20:40 - Sep 3 with 2453 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 20:08 - Sep 3 by Esox_Lucius

I would have had Wzsolek back, tireless runner, good defensively and chipped in with a few goals. May have thrived in this new system in the right wing back position.

I thought we should have kept Wzlolek, but now I’ve seen the way we play there is no way he could have matches the movement and creativity of Chair, Eze, or Pugh in those middle areas. You are right about the RWB possibility though.

Surprised BOS has survived and thrived in that role actually, but he feels more like the exception that proves the rule.

Hope he has found himself a nice club that loves wingers and wide play.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 20:43]
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 2383 viewsrobith

IIRC correctly Pavel played RWB under Holloway and it was roundly a failure
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 21:35 - Sep 3 with 2347 viewsnix

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 20:40 - Sep 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought we should have kept Wzlolek, but now I’ve seen the way we play there is no way he could have matches the movement and creativity of Chair, Eze, or Pugh in those middle areas. You are right about the RWB possibility though.

Surprised BOS has survived and thrived in that role actually, but he feels more like the exception that proves the rule.

Hope he has found himself a nice club that loves wingers and wide play.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 20:43]

I enjoyed watching Pav play but I don't think he'd fit into our current set up with the fast passing and movement. But still surprising he hasn't found another club.

Some great moments for us, especially that goal against Fulham away when he intercepted the pass from their centre back and ran miles to score.

We've also got Rangel back.
Login to get fewer ads

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 23:22 - Sep 3 with 2202 viewsToast_R

Pav was wildly inconsistent, just cant be carrying someone like that when the team is playing well and to be honest, until his name was mentioned on this thread, I'd completely forgotten about him since the season has started and that speaks volumes.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 01:02 - Sep 4 with 2135 viewstimcocking

Previously unimaginable. Will this be the new normal? I think it will to some extent. Same in the NFL now, current player turnover around 50% per season there.

Just try for a moment and imagine the difference if people like Alan MacDonald and Stan Bowles had only been with us for 6 months and played a few dozen games? A bloody tragedy. Another nail in the coffin of QPR and football.

The biggest joke is the way there will be people queueing up to pour vitriol on me for stating the fcuking obvious, as always. Way too many seriously unintelligent sheep out there.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 07:16 - Sep 4 with 2037 viewsEsox_Lucius

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 01:02 - Sep 4 by timcocking

Previously unimaginable. Will this be the new normal? I think it will to some extent. Same in the NFL now, current player turnover around 50% per season there.

Just try for a moment and imagine the difference if people like Alan MacDonald and Stan Bowles had only been with us for 6 months and played a few dozen games? A bloody tragedy. Another nail in the coffin of QPR and football.

The biggest joke is the way there will be people queueing up to pour vitriol on me for stating the fcuking obvious, as always. Way too many seriously unintelligent sheep out there.

Football has changed.

The grass is always greener.

It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 07:58 - Sep 4 with 1993 viewsnix

We can see that things at LR aren't what they were. We've not got the income or the fanbase to be able to keep onto our best players forever. Same as Brentford and other teams. However, we've got a better, more well-balanced squad overall than we had last season, a better manager and we're playing better football, while balancing the books. I think that's an amazing achievement from where we were two seasons ago.

We are all frustrated with how football is going. There have been loads of threads about it and a brilliant article recently by Clive which many of us praised. But I don't want to write or read all the negatives every single day. Tbh there aren't many players from last season who've left that I'd swap with our current squad. Didn't want to lose Freeman, but he deserved the chance to play in the Premier. Personally didn't want to see Furlong go, I think there's a good player in there, and I can see the arguments for and against keeping Smith. But overall to end up with a better and cheaper squad. I'm delighted with that.

When we lose Eze we'll all be disappointed. But for once I'm trusting that we'll get someone to replace him. We're learning again how to pick up and mould good young players, something we haven't been doing for years. I really don't think that this summer's transfer window is a time to be angry.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 08:00 - Sep 4 with 1990 viewssmegma

I'm happy with the squad Warbs has assembled and don't miss any of the leavers.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 12:07 - Sep 4 with 1883 viewsDavieQPR

Pav went because of his high wages and not because he was not wanted.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 12:09 - Sep 4 with 1880 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes agree - think we are much better off with our current squad than the ones we have had over the past 5 or 6 years
We were carrying too much dead wood - happy with their inflated wages knowing they would keep their place even if playing poorly.

Warburton has done an outstanding job in a short time.
Seems sharp, a clear thinker and has excellent communication skills.

This is the most I have looked forward to watching QPR for around 8 or 9 seasons.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 13:35 - Sep 4 with 1801 viewscpgerber

Furlong for sure could still have played a decent part for us.
It was N,N,N, Nineteen, it's now Twenty-Two on 13:57 - Sep 4 with 1777 viewsWestbourneR

It's like you start with a point, usually about a non-issue you've invented, and then disappear into an escalating rage about it - forgetting that the whole problem is actually one you've created in your fevered imagination.

I've never known someone get wound up by their own fictitious monologue before. It's very very odd.

Tim I think you should work for the Daily Mail.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024