Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking ticket advice please chaps 17:42 - Sep 25 with 1676 viewsRangersDave

I went to Manchester airport to pick the family up from holiday, and parked 5 mins away from the arrival terminal (literally, their plane flew over me as i parked), on a road called Shadowmoss road, by the tram stop, where i always park to pick them up when they are shopping in town.

There is a parking bay clearly laid out on one side of the road opposite the houses (google earth it if you need to see more) and they each have off road parking for a minimum of 1 car.

So between my visit before picking the family up, signs have been put up saying 'residents parking permit only' on posts by aside the long parking bay.
I didnt see them.

In fact the first i knew of it was the parking enforcement chap knocking on my window saying that 'this was residents parking and would i mind moving'.
No problem there, he was polite and once pointed out to me i moved away.

Today i got a ticket in the post for £70, which equates as £30 per minute i was there in the bay i always park in.

If i complain, i have to pay 50% extra.

No ticket was given to me, no notice of being booked given verbally, just a polite 'this is residents parking and would i mind moving'

Anyway, as it stands i did park there for a couple of minutes, i moved on without stress or words exchanged apart from me saying 'yes, sorry i didn't know , and i'll move now'.

Any advice please?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 17:46 - Sep 25 with 1661 viewsW7Ranger

Any picture evidence?

Is the ticket from the council or a private (cowboy) parking company?
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 17:53 - Sep 25 with 1633 viewsEastR

did you get out of your car and leave it for the time you were there?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 17:56 - Sep 25 with 1626 viewsRangersDave

Was in my car, engine running, and it was a council employee.
No photograph on the paperwork sent to me

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 18:01 - Sep 25 with 1616 viewsloftboy

I got a ticket in my works van ( they pay it) I parked in a red box on a red route at the correct time in islington, thing is I was taking my break, they sent picture evidence showing that I never did any loading out my van so shouldn’t have been there.No physical ticket was issued.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 18:03]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 18:10 - Sep 25 with 1602 viewsEastR

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 17:56 - Sep 25 by RangersDave

seems a bit unfair in the circumstances

good info here on appealing - 56% of appeals are successful

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals/

good luck!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 18:11 - Sep 25 with 1597 viewsW7Ranger

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 17:56 - Sep 25 by RangersDave

So what proof do they have?

Traffic Wardens usually take pics when issuing tkts.

And letters you get in the post where they say you've committed a parking offence (or whatever it's called) usually provide photos as proof or tell you where you can view a video or pics of your car parked "illegally".

If there's no pics/proof of you parking there in the first place, I'm not sure how they can enforce the fine.

Sounds like the bloke that spoke to you, took your registration and obviously the time of the offence and maybe they've chanced there arm because he actually spoke to you and told you that you were committing a parking offence, and therefore you would recall the offence and pay up.

Could be miles out of course, but you never know.
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 18:36 - Sep 25 with 1554 viewsE17hoop

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3675445,-2.2529378,3a,75y,108.53h,73.11t/data=!3

Here?

Probably got you bang to rights. Request evidence if you want but be prepared for the appeal to lose.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 19:00 - Sep 25 with 1519 viewsthame_hoops

Urgh I feel for you but you have to ask yourself is it worth the stress of an appeal, sounds like you’ve been stitched up and out of principle I’d want to appeal BUT it’s stress and hassle
Login to get fewer ads

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:04 - Sep 26 with 1271 viewsRangersDave

Ironic, the PCN sent to me has no reference to the photographic evidence.
I did, however find their 'evidence' online.

Now, the 3 photographs are very interesting..... the PCN states i was infringing at 11.52am,
However the photo of my car leaving the bay (not parked, but leaving and entering the main highway) is at 11.51, but the photo at 11.52, shows a completely empty bay and road ahead.
you cannot even see my car.

So i'm thinking that because the PCN says 11.52 and there is no evidence i was there at 11.52, their ticket is null and void.

thoughts?

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:22 - Sep 26 with 1250 viewsW7Ranger

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:04 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

Now, the 3 photographs are very interesting..... the PCN states i was infringing at 11.52am,
However the photo of my car leaving the bay (not parked, but leaving and entering the main highway) is at 11.51, but the photo at 11.52, shows a completely empty bay and road ahead.

So i'm thinking that because the PCN says 11.52 and there is no evidence i was there at 11.52, their ticket is null and void.

thoughts?

So the photographic evidence shows no car at all?

I really don't want to give you false hope and you end paying more, but I can't see how the fine can be enforced?

Ask the question on that Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert link that someone provided earlier.
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:25 - Sep 26 with 1249 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My son just got a fine of £100 for parking at a B&Q car park overnight from a private company. He has looked online at MSE and thinks he will just be able to ignore it. I am not so sure. Does anyone else have any experience of these recently?

(Sorry Dave, I don't want to hijack your thread but it is on the same subject)
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 10:19 - Sep 26 with 1200 viewsBuckR

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:25 - Sep 26 by CroydonCaptJack

My son just got a fine of £100 for parking at a B&Q car park overnight from a private company. He has looked online at MSE and thinks he will just be able to ignore it. I am not so sure. Does anyone else have any experience of these recently?

(Sorry Dave, I don't want to hijack your thread but it is on the same subject)

Entirely up to the company - Had one of these before and I ignored it, kept sending me letters and think a £100 fine ended up going to £5000! They never did enforce it and have given up however some people have ended up with Bailiffs at the door so its at your risk
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:02 - Sep 26 with 1168 viewssmegma

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 09:04 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

thoughts?

PCN ???
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:07 - Sep 26 with 1160 viewsRangersDave

Parking Charge Notice

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:15 - Sep 26 with 1144 viewsSnipper

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:07 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

Parking Charge Notice

I’m sure I’ve heard before that if it’s a ‘Parking Charge Notice’ and not a ‘Penalty Charge Notice’ then it’s not legally enforceable.

Penalty notices are from the police or the council. Parking notices are from private firms.

Is that right?
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:27 - Sep 26 with 1131 viewssmegma

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:07 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

Parking Charge Notice

According to money saving expert Martin Lewis website, a Parking Charge Notice is not a valid charge. If it says Penalty Charge Notice, issued by councils/Police , then it's valid. My wife parked in a NHS parking bay near Ealing Hospital. The advice I got was do not contact them, do not pay it, if they contact you, ignore it. After a while, they will forget about it. They rely on people panicking and paying up. It will cost them more to chase you through the courts than what they are asking you for. If I remember rightly, parking companies have to be on a govt approved list, if they are not they cannot charge you no matter how long you parked for. The company we dealt with, UK Car Park Management (CPM) wasn't on the list. Nothing has happened in 3 months, no letters have arrived and they won't.

Try. moneysavingexpert.com. There's loads of info on there. Good luck.
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:32 - Sep 26 with 1125 viewsW7Ranger

I think this is a 'Penalty' Charge Notice issued by the Council. Is that right?

Still can't believe the picture "evidence" they have provided shows no car in sight, so surely no proof of any offence taking place, right?
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:32 - Sep 26 with 1125 viewstimcocking

No advice, but that sucks, money grabbing fcuks. Our country...man there's some sh!tty stuff they get away with.

I remember, got a parking permit to park my car in a specific car park once upon a time. Parked the car in my new spot. Went back a week later, seven days of tickets, apparently i was in the wrong half of the car park! I told them i'd pay one or i'd pay none, they accepted that. Still w@nkers though, no doubt.
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 1120 viewssmegma

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 11:32 - Sep 26 by W7Ranger

I think this is a 'Penalty' Charge Notice issued by the Council. Is that right?

Still can't believe the picture "evidence" they have provided shows no car in sight, so surely no proof of any offence taking place, right?

See his post at 11.07 above
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 12:25 - Sep 26 with 1089 viewsRangersDave

Sorry chaps, yes its a Penalty charge notice issued by 'manchester City Council.

And yes, it says that it is issued as at 11.52 i was parked where i shouldnt be, but their time stamped photo shows nothing on the whole road at 11.52 at all.

I left at
11.51 as the traffic chap asked me to move from that place as it was a 'residents parking permit' place only, so i did, thanking him for his advice as i drove away too.

Anyway i was only stopped, and not parked, for those 3 whole minutes, and the engine was running.

I'm going to appeal. feck em.
And if it goes to court, and i win i'll claim expenses and damages. feck em again.

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 12:50 - Sep 26 with 1059 viewsW7Ranger

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 12:25 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

Sorry chaps, yes its a Penalty charge notice issued by 'manchester City Council.

And yes, it says that it is issued as at 11.52 i was parked where i shouldnt be, but their time stamped photo shows nothing on the whole road at 11.52 at all.

I left at
11.51 as the traffic chap asked me to move from that place as it was a 'residents parking permit' place only, so i did, thanking him for his advice as i drove away too.

Anyway i was only stopped, and not parked, for those 3 whole minutes, and the engine was running.

I'm going to appeal. feck em.
And if it goes to court, and i win i'll claim expenses and damages. feck em again.

When you appeal, I wouldn't even say anything about you being there at all.

The photo's show no car parked at the time of the alleged offence. I can't see how they can prove your guilt without any photo evidence. Otherwise they can send out these letters to all and sundry without any proof whatsoever can't they?

Should be chucked out I would've thought.
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 12:58 - Sep 26 with 1054 viewsthame_hoops

My understanding is if you appeal you shouldn’t have to pay more because of the appeal. Ie the grace period to pay the reduced rate is still valid?
Parking ticket advice please chaps on 13:10 - Sep 26 with 1038 viewsenfieldargh

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Try posting on this forum, loads of people in the know

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Parking ticket advice please chaps on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 816 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,

Thanks to you all, and the guys and gals on PepiPoo, my 'fine' has been cancelled, rather begrudgingly, without them saying it was their mess up in filing their forms in etc etc.

So, a good news story to go into the weekend with.
Urrrrrrrrssssss
Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024