Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton's 11:23 - Oct 5 with 1753 viewsPinnerPaul

notes in todays programme

1) Very sensible assessment of where we are

2|) Jasper the masseur - well done that man and hope his son is back to full health very soon
Mark Warburton's on 10:04 - Oct 6 with 1259 viewsnix

I really liked that. Especially the fact he notices the contribution of all the staff. It helps keep the players’ feet on the ground and encourages the community atmosphere that the fans valué too. (For those who didn’t see the programme our massage guy’s baby was v poorly but once the hospital was able to sort him out, Jasper rushed back to join the team)
Mark Warburton's on 11:04 - Oct 6 with 1120 viewsHastings_Hoops

Love that he always includes “...looking forward to sharing a post match drink with [INSERT NAME OF OPPOSITION MANAGER] and his staff” - the only generic blurb that you will find in his notes.
Mark Warburton's on 12:20 - Oct 6 with 980 viewsEsox_Lucius

There is something wonderful going on at the club right now, I quickly spoke with Joe Lumley after the game and is disappointed to be dropped but is working hard to improve in the areas that he needs to. He said he doesn't take it too much to heart over the fans comments about him as they "don't often have the most balanced view" (my words in summary to a longer answer than that). I also spoke to Ebere for about five minutes for the first time since he broke into the first team too before he headed off with his mates and any notion of arrogance was nowhere to be seen. I asked him if he would like to sign a 10 year contract with QPR with a huge buyout clause to help out the club and he laughed and said "Yeah, yeah sure. I bet you would love that as a QPR fan" I then asked him if he would like to stay a bit longer at the club to develop his skills and gain some valuable experience rather than play occasionally and sit on the bench somewhere that doesn't necessarily play to his strengths and he said said that that is probably what he will do as he is really enjoying his football and his team mates at the moment and that means a lot to him.
I appreciate that it would be out of his hands if a big offer came in for him, but if we can hold on to our best players for just a couple more seasons, then we may well be in a position to get promoted IMO. So many of the players were coming out of the ground with smiles on their faces and taking their time with the fans that it must be great being a QPR player at the moment.

The grass is always greener.

Mark Warburton's on 12:51 - Oct 6 with 934 viewsLongsufferingR

Mark Warburton's on 12:20 - Oct 6 by Esox_Lucius

There is something wonderful going on at the club right now, I quickly spoke with Joe Lumley after the game and is disappointed to be dropped but is working hard to improve in the areas that he needs to. He said he doesn't take it too much to heart over the fans comments about him as they "don't often have the most balanced view" (my words in summary to a longer answer than that). I also spoke to Ebere for about five minutes for the first time since he broke into the first team too before he headed off with his mates and any notion of arrogance was nowhere to be seen. I asked him if he would like to sign a 10 year contract with QPR with a huge buyout clause to help out the club and he laughed and said "Yeah, yeah sure. I bet you would love that as a QPR fan" I then asked him if he would like to stay a bit longer at the club to develop his skills and gain some valuable experience rather than play occasionally and sit on the bench somewhere that doesn't necessarily play to his strengths and he said said that that is probably what he will do as he is really enjoying his football and his team mates at the moment and that means a lot to him.
I appreciate that it would be out of his hands if a big offer came in for him, but if we can hold on to our best players for just a couple more seasons, then we may well be in a position to get promoted IMO. So many of the players were coming out of the ground with smiles on their faces and taking their time with the fans that it must be great being a QPR player at the moment.

Good post. MW deserves a huge amount of credit for the way he has galvanised team spirit in such a short space of time with a completely new set of players. Team selections (and substitutions) are always fair and thoughtful, and each player seems to know their role exactly. I know we've got a few loans atm but when he gets the chance to spend whatever money we are able to, I have full trust in his judgement to get it right.

Wherever we end up, this has already been the most enjoyable season for a long time.
Mark Warburton's on 15:14 - Oct 6 with 829 viewsPinnerPaul

Mark Warburton's on 12:51 - Oct 6 by LongsufferingR

Good post. MW deserves a huge amount of credit for the way he has galvanised team spirit in such a short space of time with a completely new set of players. Team selections (and substitutions) are always fair and thoughtful, and each player seems to know their role exactly. I know we've got a few loans atm but when he gets the chance to spend whatever money we are able to, I have full trust in his judgement to get it right.

Wherever we end up, this has already been the most enjoyable season for a long time.

This is probably very naïve - after all money always talks - but I wonder if the players at Championship clubs look at Smithies and very possibly Freeman and see that although they may be technically 'playing' in the PL - they don't end up actually playing very much!
Mark Warburton's on 15:23 - Oct 6 with 812 viewsflynnbo

At about 1.30pm yesterday, I was in the ground and Eze, Chair and Bright came out and started knocking the ball around between them; way before the others all came out. Good to see they were really having a good time.
Mark Warburton's on 16:07 - Oct 6 with 757 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mark Warburton's on 15:14 - Oct 6 by PinnerPaul

This is probably very naïve - after all money always talks - but I wonder if the players at Championship clubs look at Smithies and very possibly Freeman and see that although they may be technically 'playing' in the PL - they don't end up actually playing very much!

yeah, but you would be stupid not to take the chance if offered. You have to back yourself and you can't end your career wondering.
If Ebs keeps this up he will definitely be sold end of the season, and good luck to him!

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024