Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... 14:55 - Oct 7 with 4133 viewsDannyPaddox

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

A few salty selections:

Whitby Town or Gloucester City vs Stourbridge
Southport vs Altrincham
Oxford City vs Margate
Canvey Island or Bowers & Pitsea vs Chichester City
Dartford vs Kingstonian or Weston Super Mare
Weymouth vs Dover Athletic

I wonder if any of this lot can make it through to the 3rd Round Proper in January.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 09:01 - Oct 9 with 1158 viewsMick_S

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 08:38 - Oct 9 by enfieldargh

yes it was 36-0 and more importantly no goal nets!!!

I've never forgotten that from my GBoR'ds

Straight back to 1968. Ish. Confused.com.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 10:26]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:03 - Oct 9 with 1125 viewsqpr1976

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 08:38 - Oct 9 by enfieldargh

yes it was 36-0 and more importantly no goal nets!!!

I've never forgotten that from my GBoR'ds

Imagine being a Dundee Harp fan then, or worst still the Club Secretary around 17:30 that Saturday.....!
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 1122 viewsqpr1976

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 09:01 - Oct 9 by Mick_S

Straight back to 1968. Ish. Confused.com.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 10:26]

I had that edition too. (And a few others, but that was probably my 1st)
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:07 - Oct 9 with 1113 viewstoboboly

Weston Super Mare destroyed by the mighty K's last night. One seafarer down I am afraid!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:12 - Oct 9 with 1111 viewsqpr1976

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:04 - Oct 9 by qpr1976

I had that edition too. (And a few others, but that was probably my 1st)

Got me surfing.....
Think that might have been 1972 edition.
My first was ‘71.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 13:39 - Oct 9 with 1049 viewsDannyPaddox

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 10:07 - Oct 9 by toboboly

Weston Super Mare destroyed by the mighty K's last night. One seafarer down I am afraid!

Well done the Ks. Weston Super Mare’s cup dreams truly smashed in the groynes. As were Canvey Island’s - out on penalties to Bowers & Pitsea. Which leaves just 6 seaside towns in the final Qualifying Round (Torquay previously overlooked).

Whitby Town (3,500)
Southport (6,008)
Torquay (6,500)
Weymouth (6,600)
Margate (3,000)
Dover Athletic (5,745)
Blackburn-On-Sea (31,367)
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 13:59 - Oct 9 with 1020 viewstoboboly

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 13:39 - Oct 9 by DannyPaddox

Well done the Ks. Weston Super Mare’s cup dreams truly smashed in the groynes. As were Canvey Island’s - out on penalties to Bowers & Pitsea. Which leaves just 6 seaside towns in the final Qualifying Round (Torquay previously overlooked).

Whitby Town (3,500)
Southport (6,008)
Torquay (6,500)
Weymouth (6,600)
Margate (3,000)
Dover Athletic (5,745)
Blackburn-On-Sea (31,367)

Having done Margate with K's last season can we support the others?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 12:36 - Oct 19 with 908 viewsDannyPaddox

Late bracing additions to FA Cup Seaside list:

Poole Town (2,500) away to Hayes & Yeading.
Hartlepool (7,858) home to Brackley Town
Barrow Town (5,045) home to Solihull Moors

Hartlepool the town in England nearest to a nuclear power plant. Barrow currently managed by Ian Evatt and possibly the only team with a nuclear submarine on their badge.

What to say about Poole Town? Charlie Austin’s old team. Lies equidistant between the Harold Redknapp residence and the Studland Naturist Beach, ie: there’s a cock joke here somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 18:36 - Oct 19 with 866 viewsterryb

The match at Haringey against Yeovil was abandoned due to alleged racial abuse.

Both sides walked off after the Haringey 'keeper was reportedly abused, spat on & had bottles thrown at him.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 18:44 - Oct 19 with 857 viewstoboboly

K’s through to the 1st round for the first time in 19 years! Can’t wait for the draw on Monday.

Would urge all R’s fans to try and get to see them, they play in hoops and the super hoopsaaaaaa chant is obligatory.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 00:34 - Oct 22 with 753 viewsDannyPaddox

Fish n Chips/ End of the Pier FA Cup Draw update

First Round proper:

Harrogate Town v Portsmouth
Maidstone United v Torquay United
Haringey Borough/Yeovil v Hartlepool
Hayes & Yeading/Poole v Oxford United
Potters Bar/Barnet v Fleetwood Town
Dover Athletic v Southend United
Blackpool v Morecambe

9 possible seaside away-days in the hat including two cracking ‘greased tea’ derbies.

Other choice ties:

Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle United.
Leyton Orient v Maldon & Tiptree
Stevenage v Peterborough United
Bristol Rovers v Bromley
Macclesfield v Kingstonian

Bit of a journey for the Cumbrians - into the heart of beardy hipstersdom. Jammy draw for FA Cup Round One first-timers Maldon & Tiptree - should be happy with that. Newtown derby in the flatlands. Tough away day for the Bromley contingent. Likewise Kingstonian - congratulations btw didn’t realise it had been so long.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 12:49 - Oct 22 with 695 viewsDiscodroids

One of my all time Favourite R'ss, Gary Waddock Caretaker Manager at my local side Southend Utd, has a tough trip to Dover in the First Round.

Be Ambrosial to see the R'ss Drawn away at Roots Hall in the 3rd Round.

Probably more chance of Gavin Peacock joining the hellbanianz gangsters of Plaistow as a drug mule to courier 98% pharmaceutical Merck Cocaina sewn into the lining of his oesophagus around europe, to bolster the fiscal funds on his church collection plate, but you never know..
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 12:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 646 viewsderbyhoop

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 12:36 - Oct 19 by DannyPaddox

Late bracing additions to FA Cup Seaside list:

Poole Town (2,500) away to Hayes & Yeading.
Hartlepool (7,858) home to Brackley Town
Barrow Town (5,045) home to Solihull Moors

Hartlepool the town in England nearest to a nuclear power plant. Barrow currently managed by Ian Evatt and possibly the only team with a nuclear submarine on their badge.

What to say about Poole Town? Charlie Austin’s old team. Lies equidistant between the Harold Redknapp residence and the Studland Naturist Beach, ie: there’s a cock joke here somewhere.

Still applies but we wouldn't say anything bad about naturists!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024