Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 08:42 - Oct 11 with 1635 viewsNorthernr

Clint Hill the guest.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51047
This week's podcast on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 1615 viewstoboboly

Really good this week, I think Clint would be a good person to have an in-depth piece about. Seems to have his head screwed on etc and would love to hear some of his stories of what was going on behind the scenes. Would also like his reasoning on working with Joey as that didn't seem a natural blend to me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 11:17 - Oct 11 with 1488 viewstimcocking

What a superb picture.
This week's podcast on 11:20 - Oct 11 with 1483 viewsthame_hoops

Pretty sure Clint gets asked about that everytime he’s on as well as how he was let go, and the Mark Hughes thing

Not sure matey needed to go into so much details in naming victims and the accused and a very dark R’s end

A good listen
This week's podcast on 11:44 - Oct 11 with 1443 viewsenfieldargh

Great listen and I do like Peter Bexley(maybe cos he sounds like Arfur Smiff), I like most of his comments but I'm pleased Clive pulled him up on the Tommy Smith Forever R's induction.

The club have stressed on numerous occasions that its not a hall of fame.

A QPR hall of fame would not be very long and yes maybe only 30 names.

Ernie Howe was inducted and he was not that well thought of by the fans at the time he was playing. He had a hard act to follow in the likes of McLintock, Webb

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

This week's podcast on 11:54 - Oct 11 with 1427 viewsenfieldargh

This week's podcast on 11:44 - Oct 11 by enfieldargh

Great listen and I do like Peter Bexley(maybe cos he sounds like Arfur Smiff), I like most of his comments but I'm pleased Clive pulled him up on the Tommy Smith Forever R's induction.

The club have stressed on numerous occasions that its not a hall of fame.

A QPR hall of fame would not be very long and yes maybe only 30 names.

Ernie Howe was inducted and he was not that well thought of by the fans at the time he was playing. He had a hard act to follow in the likes of McLintock, Webb

cut off in my prime there....

As I've matured I appreciate that whilst Ernie wasn't everyone's cup a tea he did give his all for the club and did put his body on the line.

There a loads of players over the years who they of the fans never got a chance to say goodbye. To some of them we were just another job in their short careers, to others QPR really meant something so I for one applaud all the inductees be they steeped in Rangers folklore or just paid a small part.

Clive stated Tommy Smiths in put very well.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

This week's podcast on 12:19 - Oct 11 with 1402 viewsdaveB

This week's podcast on 11:20 - Oct 11 by thame_hoops

Pretty sure Clint gets asked about that everytime he’s on as well as how he was let go, and the Mark Hughes thing

Not sure matey needed to go into so much details in naming victims and the accused and a very dark R’s end

A good listen

similar to Gallen being asked about Sheff Wed game everytime he comes on.

I do like Peter Bleksley, he was great on Hunted
This week's podcast on 21:59 - Oct 13 with 1108 viewsTacticalR

Interesting that Clint liked Harry.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast on 22:50 - Oct 13 with 1050 viewsJigsore

Who's the Tesco value Arthur Smith pissing on everyone's chips

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 23:27 - Oct 13 with 1017 viewssmegma

This week's podcast on 21:59 - Oct 13 by TacticalR

Interesting that Clint liked Harry.

Just finished reading Dave Thomas' autobiography and he says very nice things about both Ernie Howe and Harry Redknapp. Btw, the book is excellent, go buy it and help Dave raise loads of dosh for Guide Dogs. I defy anyone not to well up either at the end.
This week's podcast on 23:52 - Oct 13 with 1002 viewssmegma

This week's podcast on 12:19 - Oct 11 by daveB

similar to Gallen being asked about Sheff Wed game everytime he comes on.

I do like Peter Bleksley, he was great on Hunted

Ive known Peter for over 20 years. The show is pony.
This week's podcast on 00:56 - Oct 14 with 969 viewstimcocking

It's essential to have Clive on to tell it how it is, lends some credibility to the analyses, whether on football or social issues.

Re Bobby Zamora though, Clive, i think yes you were right he was an awful purchase, but as a player who wasn't fit to play, he did his best for us and in fact did quite well really. I don't think we can blame the players we bought for being vastly overpaid and unsuitable. That's down to the management. So, ok, you're correct in your assessment of Bobby, but i'm happy to enjoy his efforts, he'd be welcome in the Forever Rs and no need to disparage him i'd suggest.

The difference with some of the other players at that time, of course, i.e. Bosingwa and those bastard Chileans, is they were all in theory, on paper, without hindsight, great acquisitions, who just fcuked us over completely and deliberately. If they're ever invited back, i'll be jumping the barriers to get at them...

Ps I liked Tommy Smith, he never did anything wrong, was a clever player, so i was deeply disappointed to hear him savaged. Thank God you stood up for him.

Pps Julio Caesar on the bench, ffs.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 2:59]
This week's podcast on 03:07 - Oct 14 with 933 viewstimcocking

This week's podcast on 08:59 - Oct 11 by toboboly

Really good this week, I think Clint would be a good person to have an in-depth piece about. Seems to have his head screwed on etc and would love to hear some of his stories of what was going on behind the scenes. Would also like his reasoning on working with Joey as that didn't seem a natural blend to me.

I'm not at all surprised Clint and Joey got on very well.

I'd bet Joey would be a good team mate inside the locker room if you were actually there with them. It was all the off field ego and trying to portray himself as an intellectual when he was just an idiot that caused all of our...well, you know. That's why he was often Captain in multiple clubs, because half of him was perfectly suited for it. Just the other half of him a complete liability. I view Joey as similar to Clint Hill with an ego.

Can't, on the other hand, see Clint identifying with plenty of the other players around then. No wonder he looked at Joey as an ally.
This week's podcast on 13:33 - Oct 14 with 762 viewsPinnerPaul

This week's podcast on 00:56 - Oct 14 by timcocking

It's essential to have Clive on to tell it how it is, lends some credibility to the analyses, whether on football or social issues.

Re Bobby Zamora though, Clive, i think yes you were right he was an awful purchase, but as a player who wasn't fit to play, he did his best for us and in fact did quite well really. I don't think we can blame the players we bought for being vastly overpaid and unsuitable. That's down to the management. So, ok, you're correct in your assessment of Bobby, but i'm happy to enjoy his efforts, he'd be welcome in the Forever Rs and no need to disparage him i'd suggest.

The difference with some of the other players at that time, of course, i.e. Bosingwa and those bastard Chileans, is they were all in theory, on paper, without hindsight, great acquisitions, who just fcuked us over completely and deliberately. If they're ever invited back, i'll be jumping the barriers to get at them...

Ps I liked Tommy Smith, he never did anything wrong, was a clever player, so i was deeply disappointed to hear him savaged. Thank God you stood up for him.

Pps Julio Caesar on the bench, ffs.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 2:59]

Booby IS in Forever Rs I believe.

Clive/others also forget he had a hand in both goals in the play off semi 2nd leg as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024