Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is a blight on our game 20:47 - Oct 20 with 17947 viewsBlackCrowe

Watford robbed yesterday and man yoo's goal should not have stood today. So something that was designed to eradicate controversy is actually creating it.

Seemlingly a huge proportion of goals being referred to VAR. Referees don't have to referee any more. Fans can't properly celebrate in the moment of joy when the ball hits the net because the immediate reaction is to see if it gets referred to VAR. It's also an irritating name.

i truly hate it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 20:48]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 2616 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:12 - Oct 22 by Addinall

We were told it was to clear up "clear and obvious errors" . Overturning offside decisions of a yard or more makes sense. Millimetres or inches is nonsense. Likewise with blatant fouls and handball it makes sense but if they have to check to the nth degree then it is not clear and obvious. Stick to "clear and obvious" and most of the controversy goes away.

Except you still get people arguing the toss over it - a la at the weekend.

IF and its a big IF you HAVE to keep it, take out ALL the subjective stuff.

Just stick to GLT Plus ball in/out of play; offside (but as you say you need a built in tolerance level - if below that go with original decision) and handball by the attacking team as that, due to the new law IS now an objective decision. Of course you can still keep the good old 'mistaken identity' that IS one of the things VAR deals with - pity that happens about as often as a QPR cup final appearance!
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:12 - Oct 22 with 2555 viewsrrrspricey

If we had var tonight fakes would have been down to 10 men and we'd have been awarded a pen so swings and roundabouts
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:16 - Oct 22 with 2536 viewsactonman

VAR is a blight on our game on 22:12 - Oct 22 by rrrspricey

If we had var tonight fakes would have been down to 10 men and we'd have been awarded a pen so swings and roundabouts

A competent ref with some balls would have been sufficient without the need of var
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:17 - Oct 22 with 2535 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I can guarantee you VAR would have overturned neither as it is too scared to overrule the ref

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

VAR is a blight on our game on 23:36 - Oct 23 with 2414 viewshubble

Watching the Genk v Liverpool highlights and Genk's equaliser ruled out by VAR and it became clear to me that technology destroys the magic. We need a bit of human error. We're not machines. Bring back the magic!
VAR is a blight on our game on 11:31 - Oct 24 with 2327 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't agree with you and agree with Clive's comments in his match report.

Not a clear and obvious error and certainly not a clear and obvious goal to earn a red card.
VAR is a blight on our game on 12:37 - Oct 24 with 2317 viewsThe_Beast1976

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:12 - Oct 22 by Addinall

We were told it was to clear up "clear and obvious errors" . Overturning offside decisions of a yard or more makes sense. Millimetres or inches is nonsense. Likewise with blatant fouls and handball it makes sense but if they have to check to the nth degree then it is not clear and obvious. Stick to "clear and obvious" and most of the controversy goes away.

Yes, but what does "clear and obvious" mean? Unless it is defined then it is entirely subjective. So you'd then have arguments about whether something was clear and obvious. Either let computers referee completely, or just bin it off (save for GLT and the ball going out of play) and accept human error. It's actually all this endless TV which has caused all the problems. Back in the day it was what it was and you got over it and moved on. Now they just want to go over and over every minute detail on TV. It's all a load of old bollox
VAR is a blight on our game on 13:26 - Oct 24 with 2277 viewsTheChef

VAR is a blight on our game on 12:37 - Oct 24 by The_Beast1976

Yes, but what does "clear and obvious" mean? Unless it is defined then it is entirely subjective. So you'd then have arguments about whether something was clear and obvious. Either let computers referee completely, or just bin it off (save for GLT and the ball going out of play) and accept human error. It's actually all this endless TV which has caused all the problems. Back in the day it was what it was and you got over it and moved on. Now they just want to go over and over every minute detail on TV. It's all a load of old bollox

It's driven by the TV audience and Sky, and ultimately just creates more arguments and column inches as the bullsh1t media rolls on and on and on.

The fan who actually goes to the ground is of less and less importance. Just look at the Reading game move, do you think Sky care how empty the stadium is going to be? They just want a bigger TV audience and bigger ad revenue.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR is a blight on our game on 15:11 - Oct 24 with 2231 viewsThe_Beast1976

VAR is a blight on our game on 13:26 - Oct 24 by TheChef

It's driven by the TV audience and Sky, and ultimately just creates more arguments and column inches as the bullsh1t media rolls on and on and on.

The fan who actually goes to the ground is of less and less importance. Just look at the Reading game move, do you think Sky care how empty the stadium is going to be? They just want a bigger TV audience and bigger ad revenue.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, exactly right. Fans who go to games are more of an inconvenience than a relevance. That's just the way it is these days I guess. Still a load of old bollox
VAR is a blight on our game on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 2157 viewsR_from_afar

VAR is certainly not perfect but I like it because I feel that it will counteract the pressure from the big clubs' players, managers and fans on refs to give them the decisions at the expense of the so-called smaller clubs.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:39 - Oct 28 with 2064 viewshubble

Milner states he hates VAR: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/28/james-milner-liverpool-intervie
VAR is a blight on our game on 21:49 - Oct 28 with 2009 viewsMiss_Terraces

If we had var they wouldn't of got that penalty.
If the football league punished divers, he wouldn't have dived.
I prefer the second option

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:54 - Oct 28 with 1990 viewsblacky2013

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:49 - Oct 28 by Miss_Terraces

Still wouldn't want VAR
VAR is a blight on our game on 21:56 - Oct 28 with 1985 viewsDieByYourSide

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:49 - Oct 28 by Miss_Terraces

Would probably still be given but we'd be arseing around for 5 minutes waiting for someone to decide

Poll: And it's hi ho

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:59 - Oct 28 with 1968 viewsMiss_Terraces

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:54 - Oct 28 by blacky2013

Still wouldn't want VAR

I don't want var either, it's bad enough when TV changes our match day and times. Now they want to tell us when we can celebrate our goals

My point is, the authorities have the power to stop diving. They choose not to
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 22:01]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

VAR is a blight on our game on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 1943 viewsactonman

Nobody gives a rats left bollox about referees decisions in the championship and below so I doubt var would make any difference as the refs alliance would just back each other up !

Having said that , if implemented properly , it would make all the difference in making the game fair as 2 ft balding shitcnt refs wouldn’t get away with making sh!t up as they felt like
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 1944 viewsblacky2013

VAR is a blight on our game on 21:59 - Oct 28 by Miss_Terraces

I don't want var either, it's bad enough when TV changes our match day and times. Now they want to tell us when we can celebrate our goals

My point is, the authorities have the power to stop diving. They choose not to
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 22:01]

I've never seen VAR used to look at diving. It is only been a by product of checking to see if it was a penalty. As I've said before goal line technology works because it is a fact based decision. VAR is still subjective. Absolutely hate it.
VAR is a blight on our game on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 1753 viewsMick_S

Have a click on this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIYSx9MXYAEwDAd?format=jpg

An offside armpit.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

VAR is a blight on our game on 12:32 - Nov 5 with 1708 viewsManinBlack

VAR is a blight on our game on 09:35 - Nov 5 by Mick_S

Have a click on this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIYSx9MXYAEwDAd?format=jpg

An offside armpit.

The system is a joke as now the final decision is made by someone not even at the game instead of the ref's and it is still only an opinion at that. I could make a better decision for them from my living room in many of the cases. The game is in a bad place if an armpit is judged to be offside. These VAR decisions seem to be getting more and more pedantic.

As Peter Crouch has stated, he would have had 50 of his career goals chalked off by VAR, because his arms are too long.
VAR is a blight on our game on 18:33 - Nov 5 with 1662 viewsQPR_John

VAR is a blight on our game on 12:32 - Nov 5 by ManinBlack

The system is a joke as now the final decision is made by someone not even at the game instead of the ref's and it is still only an opinion at that. I could make a better decision for them from my living room in many of the cases. The game is in a bad place if an armpit is judged to be offside. These VAR decisions seem to be getting more and more pedantic.

As Peter Crouch has stated, he would have had 50 of his career goals chalked off by VAR, because his arms are too long.

Arms would not count as they cannot be used to play the ball
VAR is a blight on our game on 17:04 - Nov 9 with 1523 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sheffield United robbed of victory by VAR at spuds, shocking!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:49 - Nov 10 with 1397 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 17:04 - Nov 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Sheffield United robbed of victory by VAR at spuds, shocking!

I agree. Same old, same old.

FOUR minutes to decide that was OBVIOUSLY offside. Didn't even look offside on the freeze frame - I'm sure the defender's head is in front of the offside toe nail of the Sheff Utd player.

The latest 'deck chairs on the Titanic' tactic is that referees are going to be 'encouraged' to use the pitch side monitors - long list coming up

1) How is that going to speed up the already ridiculously long process?
2) Instead of 2 referees making a subjective decision based on different information, we'll have the same referee making 2 decisions based on different information - but taking longer about it
3) How is that going to stop the arguments with decisions that go against you?
4) How is that going to help referee's match control?
5) How is that going to help with these ridiculously close long winded offside decisions?
6) How does that help the paying public?

I could come up with more, but even I'm bored with it now!
VAR is a blight on our game on 16:59 - Nov 10 with 1380 viewsWatford_Ranger

I swear they didn’t even draw a line parralel with the edge of the box for the Sheff U one as well as the Sheff line going through the Spurs player’s knee. Complete nonsense.

Then you barely get any review for either of Liverpool’s contentious goals. Surely by the modern definition that’s a handball against Trent Arnold.
VAR is a blight on our game on 17:03 - Nov 10 with 1370 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:33 - Nov 5 by QPR_John

Arms would not count as they cannot be used to play the ball

Unless you’re a defender.
VAR is a blight on our game on 17:47 - Nov 10 with 1325 viewsQPR_John

VAR is a blight on our game on 17:03 - Nov 10 by stowmarketrange

Unless you’re a defender.

Unless you're a Liverpool defender
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024