Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fakes thread 11:00 - Oct 22 with 18020 viewsfrancisbowles

Time to sleigh another demon.

Good results, top six, confidence high, expectation high, two home games both on Tv......what co (no I'm not going to say it).

Yeah we have all seen it before. It's time to stop this nonsense and do whatever we have to tonight to get the three points that we need to keep that momentum building and not crashing back, like it did about three weeks back, albeit temporarily.

He will shuffle the pack a bit tonight, I feel. Minimum turnaround and Eze and Manning being kicked from pillar to post. Some may need a rest, although in their favour they have almost a week to recover after tonight.

No predictions from me, although I'd be delighted with one of those 3-1 or even 4-1 that we have had against them at home in recent years(relatively).
Fakes thread on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 1672 viewsqprd

Fakes thread on 22:03 - Oct 22 by Northolt_Rs

Come back Lumley all is forgiven! Kelly is definitely not the answer.

He also doesn’t like to leave his line when the ball is pinging around the box on corners. That’s not what rly bothers me though

Am I missing something, or is he just pretty average with the ball at his feet? Why does everyone say he’s such a ball playing keeper? Lumley is definitely more prone to the odd error but I haven’t been impressed w kellys distribution, etc so far
Fakes thread on 23:16 - Oct 22 with 1419 viewsdistortR

Fakes thread on 22:15 - Oct 22 by qprd

He also doesn’t like to leave his line when the ball is pinging around the box on corners. That’s not what rly bothers me though

Am I missing something, or is he just pretty average with the ball at his feet? Why does everyone say he’s such a ball playing keeper? Lumley is definitely more prone to the odd error but I haven’t been impressed w kellys distribution, etc so far

Think people are being a bit hard on kelly.

Fair result tonight, but, 'kin 'ell ref and 'kin 'ell defence.

I can see how he missed the sending off.

He saw the penalty -is this the payback for getting 2 on saturday?

The Hugill and Eze bookings were ridiculous.

How many times did they kick the ball away after the whistle had gone, with no censure?

managed to get a local to show it, but had to endure 90 mins of the notorious 'Scotch rob' - I deserved 3 points
Fakes thread on 23:31 - Oct 22 with 1387 viewsBoston

Fakes thread on 23:16 - Oct 22 by distortR

Think people are being a bit hard on kelly.

Fair result tonight, but, 'kin 'ell ref and 'kin 'ell defence.

I can see how he missed the sending off.

He saw the penalty -is this the payback for getting 2 on saturday?

The Hugill and Eze bookings were ridiculous.

How many times did they kick the ball away after the whistle had gone, with no censure?

managed to get a local to show it, but had to endure 90 mins of the notorious 'Scotch rob' - I deserved 3 points

As you're on the Isle of Man, I'd accept your opinion as the foremost authority on Kelly's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fakes thread on 23:35 - Oct 22 with 1371 viewsdistortR

Fakes thread on 23:31 - Oct 22 by Boston

As you're on the Isle of Man, I'd accept your opinion as the foremost authority on Kelly's.

?

unless you are an ice cream aficionado.

but it's from cornwall
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 23:56]
Fakes thread on 03:23 - Oct 23 with 1304 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fakes thread on 21:55 - Oct 22 by RANGERS4EVER

2-2 a fair result. That Ejaria guy is seriously good. Not our best but we would have lost last year. Still 4th, and we were bound to draw at some point!

Not convinced on Kelly though. People were quick to slag off Lumley but I don't think people realised his confidence and how much he commanded his defence. Kelly looks nervous and his positioning is woeful

I think that's a tad unfair on Kelly who made 2 very good saves in the first 15 minutes to keep us in the game. He wasn't to blame for either of Reading's goals.
Fakes thread on 03:29 - Oct 23 with 1298 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fakes thread on 21:41 - Oct 22 by paulparker

Yep they were the better team, I thought we were overrun in the midfield
Warburton should of bought on BOS at 2-2 and I thought he was to quick to take off wells
Amos looks a lad who is 14 playing men’s football

Definitely overrun in midfield and at times out of position. The first Reading goal was particularly disappointing as having coughed up possession on the edge of their box, the Reading player just played one simple straight pass to Puskas who exposed Lesitner's lack of pace.

As for Amos I'm yet to be convinced. Warburton brought him on for Wells presumably to shore up the midfield but it appeared to have the opposite effect. Reading looked the more likely to grab a winner in the closing stages.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 3:53]
Fakes thread on 03:39 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Got to say this was one of Manning's poorer games. His delivery was off and Reading had a lot of joy on his flank. Bit of a conundrum for me as he offers so much going forward but is defensively naïve (understandably as he's a midfielder) and opposition teams are clearly identifying left-back as a weakness.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 3:52]
Fakes thread on 03:46 - Oct 23 with 1283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fakes thread on 03:23 - Oct 23 by Benny_the_Ball

I think that's a tad unfair on Kelly who made 2 very good saves in the first 15 minutes to keep us in the game. He wasn't to blame for either of Reading's goals.

Also think it's unfair on Kelly. Two fine saves today and his positioning seemed perfect to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Fakes thread on 10:04 - Oct 23 with 1143 viewsMedwayR

Fakes thread on 03:46 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Also think it's unfair on Kelly. Two fine saves today and his positioning seemed perfect to me.

Kelly played the pinpoint ball to Hugill prior to his one-two with Wells for his goal if I recall correctly. Lumley would’ve put it in the paddocks. Kelly likes to play off his line which always makes me a bit nervous but overall I’ve been impressed, better than I thought he’d be and took crosses well too last night.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fakes thread on 10:10 - Oct 23 with 1128 viewscolinallcars

Fakes thread on 23:35 - Oct 22 by distortR

?

unless you are an ice cream aficionado.

but it's from cornwall
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 23:56]

Old music hall song - Has Anybody 'ere Seen Kelly, Kelly From The Isle Of Man.
Fakes thread on 14:50 - Oct 23 with 1039 viewsBoston

Fakes thread on 10:10 - Oct 23 by colinallcars

Not spotted him yet, but I’ve only looked at the doorsteps on Paradise Row.

Fakes thread on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 992 viewsfrancisbowles

Fakes thread on 10:04 - Oct 23 by MedwayR

Kelly played the pinpoint ball to Hugill prior to his one-two with Wells for his goal if I recall correctly. Lumley would’ve put it in the paddocks. Kelly likes to play off his line which always makes me a bit nervous but overall I’ve been impressed, better than I thought he’d be and took crosses well too last night.

He's not been as good as I thought he would be, yet. He looks nervous most of the time to me and he came out with his feet to clear one attack last night and seemed to kick it very strangely as if his feet were in a line with each other.

Still early days though, Smithies took a little while to settle. He is under pressure though and getting criticism from some supporters at the ground and online. That won't be helping him. We need to get behind him and give more credit for the good things he is doing.
Fakes thread on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 981 viewsdistortR

Fakes thread on 10:10 - Oct 23 by colinallcars

ah, that was a whoosh!

Cheers Colin, and i'll go back and give Boston a thumbs up.

I came back a lot drunk and a bit belligerent, and thought Boston was questioning my right to have an opinion at first!
Fakes thread on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 912 viewsaston_hoop

Forest losing!! still 4th for now!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fakes thread on 20:54 - Oct 23 with 878 viewsaston_hoop

Fakes thread on 20:26 - Oct 23 by aston_hoop

Forest losing!! still 4th for now!

2 to Hull now! nobody wants to be in the top 6 do they!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fakes thread on 21:36 - Oct 23 with 861 viewsBoston

Fakes thread on 17:31 - Oct 23 by distortR

ah, that was a whoosh!

Cheers Colin, and i'll go back and give Boston a thumbs up.

I came back a lot drunk and a bit belligerent, and thought Boston was questioning my right to have an opinion at first!

Think that’s confusing, wait until I break into my Pirates of Penzance gobbledegook.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024