Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports 21:53 - Oct 22 with 1612 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very good. Worth looking up.

Extremely honest, though possibly should have mentioned that the system played at first didn't suit us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports on 22:11 - Oct 22 with 1448 viewsonlyrinmoray

No moaning about the ref as well, said basically win some lose some Refreshing
Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports on 23:59 - Oct 22 with 1041 viewstimcocking

Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports on 22:11 - Oct 22 by onlyrinmoray

No moaning about the ref as well, said basically win some lose some Refreshing

I agree with you in principal, good for him having enough class to not moan about the officials.

However i'd be bloody slating them if it was me, wouldn't be able to control my anger. Call the fcukers out, they should get slapped.
Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports on 01:14 - Oct 23 with 960 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton's Comments on Sky Sports on 23:59 - Oct 22 by timcocking

I agree with you in principal, good for him having enough class to not moan about the officials.

However i'd be bloody slating them if it was me, wouldn't be able to control my anger. Call the fcukers out, they should get slapped.

Me too, hothouse flower that I am. Though I share the general admiration for MW's post-match honesty, It seems to be an emerging tactic of his to almost bullishly protect the error-prone centre backs (notably Barbet and Leistner, who cannot be happy with his night's work - first for defending ridiculously high on the half-way line against the dangerous Puscas, who did admittedly take his goal very well, then for a culpable lack of responsibility for their frankly embarrassing second - though he was hardly alone). While I agree with Warburton's healthy emphasis on our attacking/defending as a team, surely he can privately see that there's a problem that at the moment we can't seem to solve - we're second top scorers in the division, but only Barnsley (I think) have let in more than us. Hall's fitness and contribution really will matter, I think, in this squad, looking forwards.

I really hope coaching and playing a settled defence will bring about improvements, though the goalkeeping situation also doesn't help. Right now we asically need to score at least two goals a game to get a win, or even (like tonight) a point. Like most of us, I still like a lot, lot more of what I'm seeing, but think we need to keep improving. A little worryingly, Kane was also poor tonight, I thought, and for me gave us a lot less than Angel, while Manning seemed off his game.

Still, 2-2 against a decent Reading side after a sub-par performance, and 4th in the table, should hardly leave us restless. But I do think we could - and should - have been top by now, so won't apologise for wanting the hooped moon on a stick. :-)

[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 1:18]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024