Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back.. 22:04 - Oct 22 with 6183 viewsFaurlinho

Bit frustrating...but, look at the table. We’d have cut our nuts off for this last season.
Just back.. on 22:35 - Oct 22 with 4569 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Speak for yourself son.

Yeah happy with a point from a difficult tired performance. Delighted with the league table!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back.. on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 4568 viewsSydneyRs

Worth noting that the top team got a similar result at home to a side in the relegation zone. It happens. We're doing very well and way beyond expectations.
Just back.. on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 4526 viewsbosh67

Fair play to Reading. They bullied midfield. I can understand why Warburton needed to plug up the midfield but perhaps made a bit of a mistake (for once) taking off Wells. He had two strikers, both had scored, both were causing problems in patches. When we went to one up front we lost momentum. That said, last season we would have lost that game.

Still, we still find it hard to turn it on for TV and that already makes me nervous for the Brentford game. One thing that is weird is that we definitely seem to boss games away from home and apart from the Blackburn game we have struggled a little to play with the same dominance.

Not that we can really have a go at anyone but team looked a bit tired tonight and Kane doesn't seem as yet to have the same level of passing ability as the rest of the squad. That said we just seemed a bit tired tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back.. on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 4455 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I thought a draw was fair.

We did not set up well in the first half and struggled to get any momentum.
There was a blatant handball the referee did not give - should have been a penalty.
Shortly afterwards Wells scored an excellent goal out of nowhere.
Within a couple of minutes Reading hit us on the break and our lack of pace was exposed as they equalised.

Second half we started better and Hugill scored with a deflected shot.

After this we did not play well and Reading had the ascendancy and it was no surprise when they scored with quarter of an hour to go.

In my opinion we were a bit flat.
I think our formation was not effective and is perhaps better suited to us playing away when we can catch teams on the break. At home as we are expected to do the pressing it does not seem to be as effective.
Referee was not good and should have given us a penalty and sent one of their players off. Reading continually fouled Eze and others straight away.
Our subs did not improve matters either - normally Warburton can improve matters with our subs- but not in this instance.

I am thoroughly enjoying this season - it is a pleasure to watch an entertaining team after 5 seasons of dross.
Eze, Chair, Manning and Wells are all excellent.
The defence is a problem though and if we are serious about trying to get promoted need to get a quality centre half into this team asap.

Kelly does not convince me he's a good goalkeeper - Lumley has not been playing well either. I think this is the other position we need to improve in.

Anyway an enjoyable season - long may it continue.

Cheers

U R's
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 22:51]
Just back.. on 22:50 - Oct 22 with 4435 viewsWren67

We were beaten in midfield. Reading no.14 and 17 were everywhere. never allowed our team to settle, pressed Kelly into mistakes.
Didnt understand our tactics, perhaps I dont understand tactics.

our goals gave momentary release.
Happy with where we are. We will improve.
The Bees will come for our throats on Monday
Just back.. on 22:56 - Oct 22 with 4356 viewsstevec

At start of season I thought it was a good move getting youngsters on loan from the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Spurs but all three have disappointed.

Glad we got out with a draw in the end, maybe new manager bounce but Reading look a decent side.
Just back.. on 22:56 - Oct 22 with 4356 viewsWestbourneR

Number 14 they’ve got on loan from Liverpool was brilliant. Just brilliant. What a player he looks - great for England.

As for us. We did well in spurts but overall Reading more than worth the point.

Can’t complain. They’ve all done so well for us and we play a lovely exciting brand of football. Love this team.

I have to say I think Chair is starting to hit the wall a little bit. He takes too many touches for me - needs to move it on quicker and play the way he’s facing.

And the squad needs to step up.

It’s about time Marc Pugh showed us what he can do. He’s been very half hearted so far.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just back.. on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 4294 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back.. on 22:35 - Oct 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Speak for yourself son.

Yeah happy with a point from a difficult tired performance. Delighted with the league table!

That's an excellent point.

We were I imagine a much younger team than Reading and the turnaround for us was much harder physically and emotionally. They may be the greatest lads ever for all we know but you have to get them down from the huge high of Saturday and get them to recover, recuperate and refocus. With the best will in the world it's human nature that the short turnaround would be more difficult for a young team than an experienced team.

All of which makes it even more surprising that we would try a brand new system with what was likely only one day on the training ground. I think this cost us a third of the game and a lot of momentum. I like Warburton a lot but for now I can't see the thinking behind that one. Granted, us supporters are never privy to the minutiae behind dressing room doors and practice ground gates that combine to make these decisions.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Just back.. on 23:02 - Oct 22 with 4279 viewsLblock

Pugh and Amos just don’t cut it for me, thoroughly unimpressed

Matt Smith way out of the reckoning

As noted above, time for squad to step up so this great momentum can be squeezed and kept going
(Until we are safe in any case!!!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just back.. on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 4248 viewsozexile

On the bright side we won't play that poorly again. So may players not at the races today.
Just back.. on 23:11 - Oct 22 with 4194 viewsHoopstar

A point certainly a fair result.

Might owe the lino an apology after their first goal...was sat in Row C and we weren't kind to him though clearly a fair call on review.

It is beyond me how the ref misses the handball for the penalty though. Ref beggared belief all game...
Just back.. on 23:12 - Oct 22 with 4185 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back.. on 22:40 - Oct 22 by bosh67

Fair play to Reading. They bullied midfield. I can understand why Warburton needed to plug up the midfield but perhaps made a bit of a mistake (for once) taking off Wells. He had two strikers, both had scored, both were causing problems in patches. When we went to one up front we lost momentum. That said, last season we would have lost that game.

Still, we still find it hard to turn it on for TV and that already makes me nervous for the Brentford game. One thing that is weird is that we definitely seem to boss games away from home and apart from the Blackburn game we have struggled a little to play with the same dominance.

Not that we can really have a go at anyone but team looked a bit tired tonight and Kane doesn't seem as yet to have the same level of passing ability as the rest of the squad. That said we just seemed a bit tired tonight.

Nah we'll be ok on TV next week, we're going up in twos:
0-2
2-2
so should be 4-2 v Brentford.

Bare bones.

Just back.. on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 4171 viewsMatch82

Just back.. on 22:56 - Oct 22 by WestbourneR

Number 14 they’ve got on loan from Liverpool was brilliant. Just brilliant. What a player he looks - great for England.

As for us. We did well in spurts but overall Reading more than worth the point.

Can’t complain. They’ve all done so well for us and we play a lovely exciting brand of football. Love this team.

I have to say I think Chair is starting to hit the wall a little bit. He takes too many touches for me - needs to move it on quicker and play the way he’s facing.

And the squad needs to step up.

It’s about time Marc Pugh showed us what he can do. He’s been very half hearted so far.

I feel like Pugh would be a very solid player if he was given a run of games. Bad luck for him that the likes of Eze and Chair have made themselves undroppable
Just back.. on 23:15 - Oct 22 with 4175 viewssmegma

Just back.. on 23:05 - Oct 22 by ozexile

On the bright side we won't play that poorly again. So may players not at the races today.

We will. But will probably win
Just back.. on 23:16 - Oct 22 with 4155 viewsMatch82

Just back.. on 22:56 - Oct 22 by stevec

At start of season I thought it was a good move getting youngsters on loan from the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Spurs but all three have disappointed.

Glad we got out with a draw in the end, maybe new manager bounce but Reading look a decent side.

Think Kane was a permanent move?
Don't disagree on the 3 players though, was particularly excited by Amos before the season started and though he's shown flashes, he hasn't stood out above the rest in the way I hoped.
Just back.. on 23:28 - Oct 22 with 4072 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back.. on 23:02 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Pugh and Amos just don’t cut it for me, thoroughly unimpressed

Matt Smith way out of the reckoning

As noted above, time for squad to step up so this great momentum can be squeezed and kept going
(Until we are safe in any case!!!!!)

I think Amos is probably a very good player, trouble is, we don't have time to put him in for 5 or 6 games to let him bed in.
Pugh is certainly a good player - impressed every time I see him.

Bare bones.

Just back.. on 23:36 - Oct 22 with 4033 viewsdannyblue

Not up to our normal standards.

As others have said the 442 didn’t work. All our best football has come from central eze chair and we were overrun in the middle as they were isolated wide. Shape was better second half.

I guess he’s been told to, and it’s part of our play, but Kelly’s starting position was so far out of his goal. Made the finish easy. Would have been much harder for their striker had he been running out to close the angle rather than running back from no man’s land. A couple decent saves though.

Kane has really struggled recently after his first couple cameos had shown real promise.

Still, two more goals from open play and we’ll get better than this. Wonderful season so far
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 23:52]
Just back.. on 23:46 - Oct 22 with 3975 viewsoldmisery

Just back.. on 23:28 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

I think Amos is probably a very good player, trouble is, we don't have time to put him in for 5 or 6 games to let him bed in.
Pugh is certainly a good player - impressed every time I see him.

Wow, you and I certainly saw a different game tonight. It's the first time that I've thought Warburton got the subs all wrong. Maybe Rangel picked up a knock (and yes, I realise that MW wanted to change the formation to a back three in the second half) but I don't think Kane is a particularly good defender. I was quite enthused about Amos pre-season but since he picked up an injury he hasn't looked the same player. He wasn't at the races today, nowhere near the pace of the game and looked completely lost to me. As for Pugh, I think he's awful. One of those players who was good for a number of seasons but the years have caught up with him now and he doesn't offer anything either going forward or defending - looks like Ji-Sung Park mark two to me.
Just back.. on 23:53 - Oct 22 with 3935 viewsFrankRightguard

Just back.. on 23:46 - Oct 22 by oldmisery

Wow, you and I certainly saw a different game tonight. It's the first time that I've thought Warburton got the subs all wrong. Maybe Rangel picked up a knock (and yes, I realise that MW wanted to change the formation to a back three in the second half) but I don't think Kane is a particularly good defender. I was quite enthused about Amos pre-season but since he picked up an injury he hasn't looked the same player. He wasn't at the races today, nowhere near the pace of the game and looked completely lost to me. As for Pugh, I think he's awful. One of those players who was good for a number of seasons but the years have caught up with him now and he doesn't offer anything either going forward or defending - looks like Ji-Sung Park mark two to me.

Maybe when the fella smashed him in the head
Just back.. on 23:56 - Oct 22 with 3916 viewsNed_Kennedys

Very harsh on Pugh: how is he meant to impress you in his occasional 15 minute cameos?

Did one nice flick today but not much else but he's a quality player and will prove his worth as he gets more game time as the season progresses. Writing him off so early as awful is ridiculous.
Just back.. on 23:58 - Oct 22 with 3891 viewsAntti_Heinola

wasn't really talking about tonight, but in general. pretty sure we saw the same game!

Bare bones.

Just back.. on 00:02 - Oct 23 with 3872 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Agree with all of that really. Think it's a bit too soon to be writing anyone off completely. Definitely a lot of room for improvement from certain players though. I thought the game was crying out for BOS second half but I'm sure MW had his reasons for bringing on Pugh.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back.. on 07:36 - Oct 23 with 3491 viewspaulparker

We looked sloppy from the get go and should of got beat they were much the better side
Our midfield was getting overrun and we looked terrible at the back 1st half so I don’t blame Warburton for switching Cameron back , the problem was it left us short again in the middle as scowen couldn’t get a foot on the ball
I thought Warburton was to quick to take off wells , chair should of gone off if your going to shore up the midfield this left us pumping up aimless balls to Hugill who couldn’t hold it up
When it went to 2-2 he should of bought on BOS to try and stretch them or at least give us an option of someone who can be direct , Pugh was a lazy substitution and again we had no outlet
We didn’t play well at all but got away with it
Wasn’t impressed with Amos he was ducking challenges and seemed scared To me
Kane’s distribution is bad and it really needs to improve
Leinster was all over the place but improved in the last 20 minutes
The ref was Sh1t
We got away with it tonight

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back.. on 08:32 - Oct 23 with 3333 viewsjoe90

Agree with general consensus.

Thought the turn out was poor considering our good form, would have thought we could draw more than 12k.

Ejaria was excellent, I was hoping Eze would have showed off a bit more what with us being on the telly.

Brentford is going to be a very tough game, they seem to have found their form just in time for our game.
Just back.. on 08:39 - Oct 23 with 3305 viewsRblockPrior

At the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off for this position and points after 13 games however however with the level we have shown recently I was slightly disappointed with last nights performance. That said like I agree with Warburton who mentioned if we are still picking up a point when having an off day it is a good sign.

I didn't think any of the subs made a positive impact on the game and subbing wells was costly imo.

We go again Monday where I have no doubt we will be better

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024