Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Ref... FFS 22:55 - Oct 22 with 6745 viewsLblock

Like to see Pinner justify that pile of shoite

Missed every big call
Summed it up when he missed a clear foul by us, then immediately gave on for yet another bit of rough stuff against Eze, cue the Reading Referee Committee having yet another mass chat with him....next three decisions go ridiculously to Reading’s way.

How the hell he managed to contrive to miss a blatant pull back on Hugill and give a decision against us to overrule a goal to us I don’t know. Don’t get me started on the handball for a Lear penalty
We were below par and a point seems okay but that ref was an absolute joke and these clowns ruin the game.

I hear Hugill now suspended for Bentford as he committed the heinous crime of being pushed to the ground and getting booked for it.
Proper to$$er ref
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 22:55]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

That Ref... FFS on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 2636 viewsRangers67

That Ref... FFS on 08:27 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

Yes I went. Yes he had more than one blatant go at stopping the attack with no chance of getting the ball. It was a smart yellow on Eze’s part. Doesn’t justify some terrible decisions and letting half their team off with ganging up on him but I’d have been fuming if we had a counter stopped like that in the 90th minute with no card.

your blood pressure must have been of the scale last night then as strangely nearly every time we had a counter attack we got stopped by blatant fouls but I suppose that's ok .
That Ref... FFS on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 2498 viewsQPR_John

That Ref... FFS on 23:28 - Oct 22 by Watford_Ranger

I’m sure players used to get booked for aimlessly booting the ball away after the whistle.

Pure guesswork but I get the impression refs have been instructed to keep cards to a minimum.

Ref was just weak. Not his fault he missed the elbow and seemingly deemed that ball to hand (wrongly) but again we aren’t in his face when they are and it showed as the game went on.

Surely ball to hand does not apply in this instance. The Reading player is leaning towards the ball with his arm outstretched. He is clearly using his arm to extend his body area.
That Ref... FFS on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 2442 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That Ref... FFS on 10:58 - Oct 23 by QPR_John

Surely ball to hand does not apply in this instance. The Reading player is leaning towards the ball with his arm outstretched. He is clearly using his arm to extend his body area.

Plus there's plenty of distance between him and Hugill.
That Ref... FFS on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 2440 viewsBklynRanger

I a word, useless.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:31]
That Ref... FFS on 12:20 - Oct 23 with 2362 viewsconnell10

That Ref... FFS on 11:31 - Oct 23 by BklynRanger

I a word, useless.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:31]

And small , also balding! Oh and kunt!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

That Ref... FFS on 14:06 - Oct 23 with 2222 viewsA40Bosh

That Ref... FFS on 08:27 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

Yes I went. Yes he had more than one blatant go at stopping the attack with no chance of getting the ball. It was a smart yellow on Eze’s part. Doesn’t justify some terrible decisions and letting half their team off with ganging up on him but I’d have been fuming if we had a counter stopped like that in the 90th minute with no card.

I agree with that assessment too Watford.
As terrible as that complete tvvat of a ref was, Eze was right in front of me when Reading look like they were about to break and Eze made 2 or 3 attempts to catch the back of this heel and he was no where near enough to the player and the ball in terms of trying to claim he was attempting a "tackle". He WAS taking one for the team but made it so obvious because he could not catch the Reading player ahead of him.

The ref did not help last night, but we were frustratingly poor and I had to remonstrate quite strongly with myself on the way home to remember that we were crap last night, but somehow managed to move UP to 4th in the league. At one point when we were 2-1 up we were up to 2nd behind WBA.

Come May next year we will reminisce about the halycon days of Oct

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

That Ref... FFS on 14:14 - Oct 23 with 2198 viewscpgerber

I would _love_ for a pro to actually admit a handball one day. Ref unsure, he nods and says "yeah touched it". I can imagine he'd be hugely unpopular with his team and manager will take action, but wouldn't it be great if someone stood up and be a role model for our kids? Be honest, fair and true to yourself. Now kids are are looking and seeing cheating and lying and swearing at referees as the norm.

In a perfect world ....
That Ref... FFS on 19:12 - Oct 23 with 2043 viewsAntti_Heinola

That Ref... FFS on 14:06 - Oct 23 by A40Bosh

I agree with that assessment too Watford.
As terrible as that complete tvvat of a ref was, Eze was right in front of me when Reading look like they were about to break and Eze made 2 or 3 attempts to catch the back of this heel and he was no where near enough to the player and the ball in terms of trying to claim he was attempting a "tackle". He WAS taking one for the team but made it so obvious because he could not catch the Reading player ahead of him.

The ref did not help last night, but we were frustratingly poor and I had to remonstrate quite strongly with myself on the way home to remember that we were crap last night, but somehow managed to move UP to 4th in the league. At one point when we were 2-1 up we were up to 2nd behind WBA.

Come May next year we will reminisce about the halycon days of Oct

I don't mind that - but Eze was kicked continually and deliberately last night with no yellow cards. I can't fathom what the difference was.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

That Ref... FFS on 21:51 - Oct 23 with 1914 viewsPommyhoop

PINNER?
Pinner?
pinner?
Come out, come out wherever you are...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

That Ref... FFS on 11:39 - Oct 24 with 1758 viewsPinnerPaul

That Ref... FFS on 22:58 - Oct 22 by smegma

Oh he will.

I'm not here to justify anyone or anything - so behave you two
That Ref... FFS on 11:46 - Oct 24 with 1748 viewsPinnerPaul

That Ref... FFS on 21:51 - Oct 23 by Pommyhoop

PINNER?
Pinner?
pinner?
Come out, come out wherever you are...

Got back late Tuesday night and then out all day at the races yesterday- yes nice day out and Mrs Pinner won some money - thanks for asking
That Ref... FFS on 16:10 - Oct 24 with 1579 viewssmegma

That Ref... FFS on 11:39 - Oct 24 by PinnerPaul

I'm not here to justify anyone or anything - so behave you two

You was asked your opinion on the refs performance. You have avoided answering. Which is a first for you.
That Ref... FFS on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 1571 viewsPinnerPaul

That Ref... FFS on 16:10 - Oct 24 by smegma

You was asked your opinion on the refs performance. You have avoided answering. Which is a first for you.

"Like to see Pinner justify that pile of shite" is NOT a question, obviously need to say things twice on here - I am NOT here to justify anyone or anything.

Since I've been on today - as above actually leading a life yesterday if that's all right with you - I've commented on referee's performance on numerous threads and the match report page.

If you can be bothered rather than having constant digs you will see that I have criticised some aspects of his performance and pointed out that other referees on Ref Chat have done the same.

Might be a good idea to actually check your facts in future before posting snide comments all the time.
That Ref... FFS on 01:40 - Oct 25 with 1463 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It appears that we didn't understand the laws of the game and the ref got it spot on. You win a penalty if the ball strikes the defender's face.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50175001
That Ref... FFS on 10:04 - Oct 25 with 1341 viewsfrancisbowles

It's great that we have a fan, who posts here, that knows the laws of the game and more importantly the interpretation of them.

The first bit is fairly easy, we can all read but the second bit requires inside knowledge and experience. Although he, Pinner, doesn't officiate at the highest level he does have access and interest in what is going on and how the 'best practice' is arrived at.

Pinner's explanations and thoughts are often enlightening and although I may not always agree with him, or the way officiating is/has developed, at least my understanding is enhanced.

However, with this increased interest comes a greater scrutiny and incomprehension of some of the performances we see and the increasing reluctance of the likes of Mr Simpson to get a grip on cynical and nasty fouling, leads to me to severely criticise the incompetence I see.
That Ref... FFS on 10:29 - Oct 25 with 1315 viewsPinnerPaul

That Ref... FFS on 10:04 - Oct 25 by francisbowles

It's great that we have a fan, who posts here, that knows the laws of the game and more importantly the interpretation of them.

The first bit is fairly easy, we can all read but the second bit requires inside knowledge and experience. Although he, Pinner, doesn't officiate at the highest level he does have access and interest in what is going on and how the 'best practice' is arrived at.

Pinner's explanations and thoughts are often enlightening and although I may not always agree with him, or the way officiating is/has developed, at least my understanding is enhanced.

However, with this increased interest comes a greater scrutiny and incomprehension of some of the performances we see and the increasing reluctance of the likes of Mr Simpson to get a grip on cynical and nasty fouling, leads to me to severely criticise the incompetence I see.

Thanks FB - all fair comment.

Just to add (yet) another post script, there was a Reading fan/ref on Ref Chat who thought ref was poor - he thought it was a pen and was poor for all 4 officials to miss the arm in Rangel's face (Having seen it again, not sure it was an elbow though)
That Ref... FFS on 12:49 - Oct 25 with 1242 viewsLunarJetman

That Ref... FFS on 16:19 - Oct 24 by PinnerPaul

"Like to see Pinner justify that pile of shite" is NOT a question, obviously need to say things twice on here - I am NOT here to justify anyone or anything.

Since I've been on today - as above actually leading a life yesterday if that's all right with you - I've commented on referee's performance on numerous threads and the match report page.

If you can be bothered rather than having constant digs you will see that I have criticised some aspects of his performance and pointed out that other referees on Ref Chat have done the same.

Might be a good idea to actually check your facts in future before posting snide comments all the time.

How very dare you Pinner!!

As this forums resident referee that carries a great responsibility, one which you should take very seriously.

You should be available at all times to answer any questions and queries by any forum members, no matter the time of night or day.

It is not acceptable for you to have a life outside of this forum and excuses such as, "I was out for the day" or "I was with my family" won't cut it I'm afraid.

In fact, I think you should provide your mobile number so we can call you for instant interpretations of incidents we see. You will be expected to find footage within 15 minutes to provide an accurate response...
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 12:50]
That Ref... FFS on 12:53 - Oct 25 with 1236 viewsPinnerPaul

BTW 'doesn't officiate at the highest level' - very kindly put!
That Ref... FFS on 12:56 - Oct 25 with 1231 viewsJAPRANGERS

That Ref... FFS on 12:53 - Oct 25 by PinnerPaul

BTW 'doesn't officiate at the highest level' - very kindly put!

Only in the Championship then Herr Pinner??
That Ref... FFS on 13:02 - Oct 25 with 1218 viewsthemodfather

awful ref and what were the lineo's watching? to call them 3 blind mice would be an unsult to the rnib and mice kind!
That Ref... FFS on 18:41 - Oct 25 with 1112 viewsHarbour

Yes I second that post Pinner Paul’s insight very helpful I have to admit I am regrettably ignorant on some of the rules of the game. I guess being a ref is not that easy gig sometimes like the pen decision which the ref appears to have been right in line it’s hard to understand why such decisions not given.. keep posting Paul on refs performance it’s good to get another perhaps less one sided view.
That Ref... FFS on 19:06 - Oct 25 with 1093 viewskensalriser

I know they're on the pitch and everything but I honestly have no idea how refs do as well as they do, because I rarely have a clue about any decision in real time.

Linos on the other hand, seem to stay shtum almost as a matter of course even when something really blatant has happened right under their nose.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That Ref... FFS on 11:22 - Oct 26 with 967 viewsPinnerPaul

That Ref... FFS on 19:06 - Oct 25 by kensalriser

I know they're on the pitch and everything but I honestly have no idea how refs do as well as they do, because I rarely have a clue about any decision in real time.

Linos on the other hand, seem to stay shtum almost as a matter of course even when something really blatant has happened right under their nose.

I have to say I HAVE noticed that more and more - ARs DO seem to be getting involved less than they used to.

Two explanations - first one applies to all levels.

AR's main job is to watch for offside at all times - he's the only one who can after all. If the ball is close to line & a player is being challenged, its not easy to watch for ball in/out, any possible foul AND the offside line all at the same time!

The other thing to remember, at the top levels, is that the officials ARE miked up. so may well be communicating that way rather than using the flag alone as us mere mortals have to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024