Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 00:20 - Oct 23 with 2781 viewsconnell10

Out of the Brentford game after 5th yellow card.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hugill on 00:23 - Oct 23 with 2773 viewssmegma

We'll survive
Hugill on 01:00 - Oct 23 with 2723 viewsstainrods_elbow

That's a blow, and annoying, and shuts down one playing option for Warburton. Didn't get a great look at his yellow on Sky, but it looked like he got needlessly sucked into a bit of needless tit-for-tat tangling with their back line. Typical Hugill performance for me tonight - a barnstorming goal, one or two bad missses/misfirings, and his usual admixture of skulduggery/shithousery. Selection for Brentford will be interesting, but we won't be helped by his absence.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hugill on 05:14 - Oct 23 with 2623 viewsHooparoo

Unleash the Malaka!!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hugill on 07:27 - Oct 23 with 2491 viewsLblock

Hugill on 05:14 - Oct 23 by Hooparoo

Unleash the Malaka!!

Not sure what he’d do if “unleashed”

He’s clueless enough already so if you unleashed him I fear the traffic on the A40 may not be safe.
I think the return to one up top from the start may be favourable to us. I’m hoping it means BOS back in and Chair and Eze being more central than they were last night.

Hugill needs to be a bit fitter and sharper for me. I think he’s a fantastic player and one I’d love on a permanent but that miss from one decent cross last night was purely down to not reacting sharply. Shame.

As for Mlakar..... it’s a shame I threw my boots away. I’ve seen nothing from him in every minute he’s played this season; I know that’s not a lot of minutes but it’s my opinion so far

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hugill on 07:46 - Oct 23 with 2463 viewsbaz_qpr

A shame, but we were totally undone by our own formation last night so forcing us back to 4-3-2-1 will hopefully worki in our favour
Hugill on 08:21 - Oct 23 with 2391 viewsnix

I felt a bit s for him getting booked there. It looked like one of those decisions where they're not quite sure who was at fault so they're going to book both of them. But I love Hughill and his passion. At the end when he was closing down the defender when they were passing the ball around on our left side a couple of times he ran towards him and let out a roar. God knows what the defender thought but I've never seen a player do it before.
Hugill on 10:19 - Oct 23 with 2214 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill on 08:21 - Oct 23 by nix

I felt a bit s for him getting booked there. It looked like one of those decisions where they're not quite sure who was at fault so they're going to book both of them. But I love Hughill and his passion. At the end when he was closing down the defender when they were passing the ball around on our left side a couple of times he ran towards him and let out a roar. God knows what the defender thought but I've never seen a player do it before.

Yes I saw and heard that. His frustration getting the better of him. Looked like he was saying don't book me ref, it will be my fifth and a ban. Nice try!
Hugill on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 2140 viewsoldmisery

I sit in the east paddock and we heard him do this on three occasions in the second half.
Not sure what he shouted but it sounded like, ' AWARGAWEEEARGAH'. This may mean something to persons of a northern persuasion as it could be one of the Middlesboro dialects or just a load of old nonsense. Whatever it was, it was ineffective as the defender (the same nasty American from Chelscum who tried to kill Rangel earlier) didn't appear unduly concerned by this outburst - rather amusing though.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 2140 viewsLongsufferingR

My instant reaction was that a yellow for both would be right. JH really provoked the reaction from their bloke.
Hugill on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 2011 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 07:27 - Oct 23 by Lblock

He’s clueless enough already so if you unleashed him I fear the traffic on the A40 may not be safe.
I think the return to one up top from the start may be favourable to us. I’m hoping it means BOS back in and Chair and Eze being more central than they were last night.

Hugill needs to be a bit fitter and sharper for me. I think he’s a fantastic player and one I’d love on a permanent but that miss from one decent cross last night was purely down to not reacting sharply. Shame.

As for Mlakar..... it’s a shame I threw my boots away. I’ve seen nothing from him in every minute he’s played this season; I know that’s not a lot of minutes but it’s my opinion so far

Even you had seen him every time he's played this season, which you haven't, that's one start and four sub appearances. Fck me.
Hugill on 12:11 - Oct 23 with 1992 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 07:46 - Oct 23 by baz_qpr

A shame, but we were totally undone by our own formation last night so forcing us back to 4-3-2-1 will hopefully worki in our favour

Agree with that.
Hugill on 12:42 - Oct 23 with 1907 viewsqprd

Hugill on 07:27 - Oct 23 by Lblock

he was pretty tidy in the cup match he played in. im a fan, though i dont think this loan will work out for him unless wells or hugill goes down with injury

at 21, he's not going to really improve or shine with the odd substitution cameo. he's going to need a run of games or a few starts, which i doubt he'll get

i know hes not our contracted player, but its disappointing that our fan base is still so quick to write off young players...
Hugill on 12:50 - Oct 23 with 1878 viewsqprd

Hugill on 10:44 - Oct 23 by LongsufferingR

My instant reaction was that a yellow for both would be right. JH really provoked the reaction from their bloke.

yep, thats what i saw on the stream last night

and while miazga was wrong to touch hugill, hugill clearly flung himself to the ground to get him sent off, which was a bit disappointing
Hugill on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 1871 viewsrunningman75

Is he related to Ian Dowie? big no nonsense ugly centre forward. About time we had a player like him at the club.
Hugill on 13:17 - Oct 23 with 1795 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hugill on 12:07 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Even you had seen him every time he's played this season, which you haven't, that's one start and four sub appearances. Fck me.

Agree with this. Unbelievable how quickly some of our players are being written off after hardly playing any minutes at all for the club so far.
Hugill on 13:25 - Oct 23 with 1761 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 13:17 - Oct 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Agree with this. Unbelievable how quickly some of our players are being written off after hardly playing any minutes at all for the club so far.

And we are fourth in the league. Fourth.
Hugill on 13:34 - Oct 23 with 1724 viewsloftboy

Hugill on 13:25 - Oct 23 by Northernr

But just think, at one point last night we were second, dropped two places in a flash. Booo I demand answers.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hugill on 14:33 - Oct 23 with 1629 viewsLongsufferingR

Hugill on 13:25 - Oct 23 by Northernr

You and your rose tinted glasses. We'll probably be fifth after tonight's games. The roof really will be caving in then.
Hugill on 11:53 - Oct 24 with 1359 viewsLazyFan

Hugill on 12:07 - Oct 23 by Northernr

But we let Smyth go on loan when he could have been coming off the bench instead of paying for a prem loan that will go back. And the way we use this loan, we could have used Smyth in exactly the same way.

It's this sort of loan them out, rather than play them with OUR team, that meant Furlong and Manning never played enough together as rampaging fullbacks.

Now, Furs2 will end in the prem and be an established RB. Manning will probably end up the same as LB. We had em both and they never played even one game together in the same team in those fullback positions, did they?

Especially as we are so high up the table now, I would bring Smyth back and get him some proper 1st team games for being ready for next season.

As next year after we will have sold some more players and when Wells goes instead to relegated Watford who offer him a 4-year deal, loadsa money, London lifestyle and a first-time chance to go back into the Prem but properly we shall need some ready striker options!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill on 12:07 - Oct 24 with 1326 viewsCamberleyR

Hugill on 11:53 - Oct 24 by LazyFan

But we let Smyth go on loan when he could have been coming off the bench instead of paying for a prem loan that will go back. And the way we use this loan, we could have used Smyth in exactly the same way.

It's this sort of loan them out, rather than play them with OUR team, that meant Furlong and Manning never played enough together as rampaging fullbacks.

Now, Furs2 will end in the prem and be an established RB. Manning will probably end up the same as LB. We had em both and they never played even one game together in the same team in those fullback positions, did they?

Especially as we are so high up the table now, I would bring Smyth back and get him some proper 1st team games for being ready for next season.

As next year after we will have sold some more players and when Wells goes instead to relegated Watford who offer him a 4-year deal, loadsa money, London lifestyle and a first-time chance to go back into the Prem but properly we shall need some ready striker options!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The idea was to loan Smyth out to get games. As he has been out injured since mid-August and will eventually probably have missed three months of the season when he returns, what would be the point bringing him back in January getting the odd ten/fifteen minutes here and there?

I would leave him where he is, hopefully getting meaningful minutes in a team who if they maintain their form are up the top challenging.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hugill on 16:48 - Oct 24 with 1156 viewsLazyFan

Hugill on 12:07 - Oct 24 by CamberleyR

The idea was to loan Smyth out to get games. As he has been out injured since mid-August and will eventually probably have missed three months of the season when he returns, what would be the point bringing him back in January getting the odd ten/fifteen minutes here and there?

I would leave him where he is, hopefully getting meaningful minutes in a team who if they maintain their form are up the top challenging.

Except he got injured and does not play anyway.

Now you may say that could happen as a sub. And this is true. But if hes good enough for the bench we could have integrated him, tested him with the first team (now we have enough points), saved money on loaning a prem attacker for loaning a young prem CB instead with a try before you buy option. And Smyth would be ready for next year. And oh yeah, he would have been less likely to get injured but no guraanttes of course, but less likely.

Now even if he gets games, we still don't know if he's up to it at Champ level. I could understand if we had way better, even on loan and he was nowhere near the 1st team. But we don't. If either Wells or Hugs gets injured, then Smyth if available would have been the next most likely option as a backup or even straight in the team.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024