Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane 07:50 - Oct 23 with 8479 viewsbaz_qpr

jesus what happened to him, it was like watching his never kicked a ball before geography teaching twin brother last night, after 10 minutes the team were too scared to pass to him, not only did he give it away with most touches he kept putting them in 4 v 3
Todd Kane on 12:45 - Oct 23 with 1751 viewsqprd

Todd Kane on 12:39 - Oct 23 by Phildo

You really have to give a young lad games in the championship before making any sort of assessment. Players learn through experience.

hes not that young- 26 years old

and while i am up for players being entitled the odd mistake, its a bit different when its your right back and he's giving the ball away in dangerous parts of the park

clearly theres a good player there, and im inclined to believe his passing yesterday was likely just an aberration
Todd Kane on 12:46 - Oct 23 with 1743 viewsLythamR

I think he will come good, we should remember that he was signed on a free and replacing a player we sold for 2m that many insisted was a give away!
Todd Kane on 12:49 - Oct 23 with 1730 viewsMatch82

I only listened to comms but sounded like he had a rough start but grew into the game and made a couple of important tackles towards the end. Is that wrong?
Todd Kane on 12:54 - Oct 23 with 1711 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you take the season as a whole, he has been quite good.

Big part of our attacking play.
Todd Kane on 12:56 - Oct 23 with 1703 viewsWestbourneR

While I have to agree that technically he's not the best - he looks, and is, imprecise and ungainly - it's the way he plays the game, the engine and the lines he runs that are valuable.

He's buccaneering full back that offers a constant outlet on the right hand side.

He is however the free transfer version of that type of player and his limitations are obvious. Warburton sees that he can do and job, within our budget, and we should see that too and support him. He can't be something he's not.

Sell your Rolls Royce athlete RB for good money and replace him with a 25 year old whose never made it before - and there will inevitably be a drop in quality. That's what we're seeing.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Todd Kane on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1660 viewsridethewave

Todd Kane on 09:07 - Oct 23 by TheChef

The lack of pace for us at the back is our biggest problem, especially given how our full backs get so far forward.

No obvious solutions at the moment - although it would be nice for Masterson to get an opportunity to see what he can do. Not sure why he hasn't figured at all yet. And a few of our lot are getting frustrated with Barbet (not especially quick or strong, and not the best positionally).

Still, we're 4th in the table, which is amazing. Imagine if we could defend!

I'd say our biggest problem at the back is the fact that Barbet can't defend. Caught ball-watching yet again for their second. Find me a game where he isn't ball-watching for at least one of the opposition's goals, when he isn't conceding penalties and/or disabling players James Perch style, that is.
Todd Kane on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane on 12:56 - Oct 23 by WestbourneR

While I have to agree that technically he's not the best - he looks, and is, imprecise and ungainly - it's the way he plays the game, the engine and the lines he runs that are valuable.

He's buccaneering full back that offers a constant outlet on the right hand side.

He is however the free transfer version of that type of player and his limitations are obvious. Warburton sees that he can do and job, within our budget, and we should see that too and support him. He can't be something he's not.

Sell your Rolls Royce athlete RB for good money and replace him with a 25 year old whose never made it before - and there will inevitably be a drop in quality. That's what we're seeing.

I think there's every chance that Kane will end up a better right back for us than Furlong, who I thought was average at best in that position, and below average as a right wing-back. I actually rated Furlong at centre-back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane on 13:09 - Oct 23 with 1650 viewskingsburyR

Just an average day at the office as far as I saw it.

The subs didnt pay off last night. It happens. Other days they make an impact and Warburton is a tactical genius.

Kane didn't offer much after coming on and Amos offered absolutely nothing at all. But in fairness I thought Reading got their tactics right and were a match for us.

We're still in the top 6 so happy days!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 1646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane on 13:06 - Oct 23 by ridethewave

I'd say our biggest problem at the back is the fact that Barbet can't defend. Caught ball-watching yet again for their second. Find me a game where he isn't ball-watching for at least one of the opposition's goals, when he isn't conceding penalties and/or disabling players James Perch style, that is.

I thought that Scowen, Manning and Leistner were far more at fault for that second goal. Scowen didn't close down, Manning got caught too narrow and Leistner never got across his man.

Todd Kane on 13:14 - Oct 23 with 1628 viewsridethewave

Todd Kane on 13:10 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that Scowen, Manning and Leistner were far more at fault for that second goal. Scowen didn't close down, Manning got caught too narrow and Leistner never got across his man.

Was a poor team goal, yes.

I actually don't think enough credit has been given to Reading either. They looked very good, one of the better teams we've played I think. And positively, we still got a result.
Todd Kane on 13:52 - Oct 23 with 1553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane on 13:14 - Oct 23 by ridethewave

Was a poor team goal, yes.

I actually don't think enough credit has been given to Reading either. They looked very good, one of the better teams we've played I think. And positively, we still got a result.

Ya, i was impressed with them too. Though we gave them midfield for most of the match, which isn't like us - maybe a mixture from us of strange tactics, an off-night and physical and mental tiredness.

Todd Kane on 14:02 - Oct 23 with 1528 viewsParkRoyalR

Maybe Hull, where he covered Leistner mis-judging their Goalkeepers kick for the 1st, unless he's to blame for Leistner's slow anticipation and inability to close hi s man for the 2nd? Maybe we can blame Barbet for the schoolboy defending on the Halfway line last night for the 1st or instead of Scowen / Manning / Leistner / Kelly for the 2nd?
Todd Kane on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 1517 viewsgazza1

The problem is that he came on in the second half for our first league home game.....he played exceptional that afternoon - I thought, wow, he is a proper, proper, pacey full back who can play some decent football.

Since then he has not reached that massively high level he set.....so we know what he can do but he hasn't been able to get near that since the first game.

He struggled last night .
Todd Kane on 14:10 - Oct 23 with 1512 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's still early days for Kane, pacy going forward but panics a bit in defensive situation. Prepared to give him time. Probably just going to have to accept we have a dodgy defence, but at last we have a decent attacking midfield and a penetrating attack. Warburton is doing a great job and we are a very good work in progress. Hope Warbs can get it right for the Brentford game, unlikely the way our defence is that we will keep a clean sheet, but we have goals in us and that is a major improvement on recent seasons.
Todd Kane on 14:24 - Oct 23 with 1470 viewsnix

Didn't mean to write him off. But maybe I was too harsh in my earlier comments. Just thought he can be a bit prone to giving the ball away in the matches I've seen him play.

But yes it's early days and it takes time to gel. Plus we have other defensive issues which probably don't help. A bit like Bidwell looks much better playing for Swansea now he's no longer covering for Lynch.

And yes it's great to be fourth and we should enjoy it! And I am.
Todd Kane on 14:28 - Oct 23 with 1461 viewsParkRoyalR

Todd Kane on 14:24 - Oct 23 by nix

Didn't mean to write him off. But maybe I was too harsh in my earlier comments. Just thought he can be a bit prone to giving the ball away in the matches I've seen him play.

But yes it's early days and it takes time to gel. Plus we have other defensive issues which probably don't help. A bit like Bidwell looks much better playing for Swansea now he's no longer covering for Lynch.

And yes it's great to be fourth and we should enjoy it! And I am.

Bidwell looks much better @ Swansea? Have a quick watch of last nights highlights - at his comedy / useless best - superb own goal, looked liked someone had tied his laces together and sure caught in no man's land / on his arse for 3rd.
Todd Kane on 14:40 - Oct 23 with 1436 viewsBoston

Todd Kane on 12:19 - Oct 23 by CamberleyR

Seems like Kane has won the latest QPR fans' 'Scapegoat of the Month' contest for October.

They’re debating if Kane is able?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Todd Kane on 14:59 - Oct 23 with 1410 viewsDorse

Admittedly, Kane made a couple of bad passes last night but they weren't what really hurt us. For me, it was substituting Wells for Amos: suddenly the pressure on the Reading back line dropped and it meant that we struggled for quality possession in the final third of the pitch.

As soon as that happened, it meant we dropped slightly deeper to cover their counter. Bringing Pugh on made sense but we were still outgunned up front. Hugill got his card for what looked like persistent shithousery but he was kind of forced into that position by having nobody to flick the ball on to.

Viewed in isolation, Kane seems to have had a difficult time of it but he wasn't on the field for their first and wasn't at fault for their second. I think he does the simple things pretty well but his attacking play / first time ball needs some attention. Bearing in mind Rangel's age (and length of contract), Kane is going to be our starting wingback for a couple of seasons. He will certainly have better games than than this and has done so already this season.

And we're still in the top 5. Can you believe it? For the last couple of seasons, a home draw would have sent us down 3 places! Loving this season so far.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Todd Kane on 15:20 - Oct 23 with 1365 viewsnix

Todd Kane on 14:28 - Oct 23 by ParkRoyalR

Bidwell looks much better @ Swansea? Have a quick watch of last nights highlights - at his comedy / useless best - superb own goal, looked liked someone had tied his laces together and sure caught in no man's land / on his arse for 3rd.

Oh dear. I was just going by his performance at LR. I admit that's the only time I've seen him play for them...
Todd Kane on 15:25 - Oct 23 with 1356 viewscaliforniahoop

Todd Kane on 09:32 - Oct 23 by BklynRanger

He plays right in front of me and very much looks like his confidence is shot.

When he receives the ball in a tight situation he seems to be caught in either playing it straight back or making a pass that he currently doesn't feel comfortable doing. He did the former last night a couple of times, but when he tried a logical square ball to keep a lovely move going it was as if his foot was screwed on wrong - total hash, groans etc. Did a similar thing 5 mins later. Few mins later tried to play a ball down the line to Cameron in a tight situation and knocked it straight out.

Do feel for the lad - you can see it on his face. I've been meaning to look into what Hull fans thought of him but haven't got round to it. He has to be a better player than that.

We are not using him properly, Ball has to be played in front of him, not good in tight positions receiving the ball, he will be alright long term.
Todd Kane on 16:49 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsTheChef

Not quite sure why the down vote on your comment. Given our lack of clean sheets you have to question our whole defensive unit (lack of pace and pushed up full backs being major contributors).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Todd Kane on 20:11 - Oct 23 with 1187 viewssevenhoop

Todd Kane on 12:45 - Oct 23 by daveB

I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as some are making out. He misplaced a few passes as did Chair and Eze but we looked a lot better when we switched to a back 3 with him as a wing back

As someone who felt for ages that Mannning could make a decent left back and be much better there than the limited Bidwell, how about trying to coach Bright as a right back/ wingback?He’s quick and strong and might be worth looking st
Todd Kane on 21:54 - Oct 23 with 1110 viewssmegma

Todd Kane on 11:50 - Oct 23 by Jeff

wouldn't have come as much of a shock to Kane - he played 41 times for Hull last season...

You're not it supposed to use facts on here to back up your opinion, shoot from the hip is the way, make stories up even, but never use facts.
Todd Kane on 21:57 - Oct 23 with 1109 viewssmegma

Todd Kane on 09:07 - Oct 23 by TheChef

The lack of pace for us at the back is our biggest problem, especially given how our full backs get so far forward.

No obvious solutions at the moment - although it would be nice for Masterson to get an opportunity to see what he can do. Not sure why he hasn't figured at all yet. And a few of our lot are getting frustrated with Barbet (not especially quick or strong, and not the best positionally).

Still, we're 4th in the table, which is amazing. Imagine if we could defend!

Masterson played for the under 23s vs Ipswich on Monday.
Todd Kane on 22:15 - Oct 23 with 1084 viewsLazyFan

Kane is just average at best in this division.
Nothing special, but not really useless either.

He is a squad player and we shall need to sign another RB at some point if we wish to progress in that position. Now some may say the whole defence is not very good. But I would say BFG and Manning are and that is 2 out of 4. So, we need Masterson or Wallace can fill that CB role or we buy that McKenna target.

We still need a RB though.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024