Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... 17:26 - Oct 29 with 3512 viewssmegma

This is a short report I wrote for Independent R's Facebook page as requested today....

U23 Professional Development League
Millwall 0 QPR 3
Best all round performance by our reserves this season in what turned out to be an ill tempered affair officiated by an idiot. Faisal Bettache scored on 7 minutes following great work by Dalling and Bansal-McNulty down the right. Bettache took aim from 20 yards and found the bottom corner. First half we were the better team and should have scored more with Lewis Walker having a 25 yarder brilliantly saved and then a point blank header was somehow saved as well. But Walker scored on 45 with a penalty following a trip on Domi.
The game was getting a bit naughty with some ridiculous challenges going in . The referee was allowing it to happen though. Joe Gubbins was passing out from the back when 3 seconds after a Millwall player went sliding in and clattered him. Yellow card all day long but not if your name is M.Ryan it seems. Two minutes later the same player tussled with Dalling after another late challenge. The ref decides to book BOTH players.
HT 0-2.
Second half we were the better team for first 15 but couldn't add to the score. Still there were naughty challenges going in. Then on about 70 minutes Bansal-McNulty was fouled 30 yards out and while he was on the floor a Millwall player was literally sitting on him. Amrit then pushed him away and said 'what you pinching me for?'. It wasn't a nice place to be pinched either. Amrit was yellow carded, Millwall player let off.As we were waiting for the ref to sort out the defensive wall Lewis Walker accused a Millwall defender of racially abusing him. He was visibly upset and was remonstrating with the player . This went on for nearly 5 minutes as the ref spoke to Paul Hall and then all QPR players. For the last 20 Millwall put us under a lot of pressure but Brzozowski made 2 good saves and a brilliant point blank save from a header. On 87 minutes our best move of the game saw Shodipo finish a a 5 pass attack and smashed home from 12 yards. There was still time for another naughty challenge. The ball went out for a Millwall corner and as it did a Millwall player decided to smash into Domi who didn't even have the ball! Domi had been booked a minute before for pulling the same players shirt .The most blatant red card you will ever see. Referee lectured the player and gave a yellow card instead. As a result of the 5 minute stoppage for the racism allegation, the referee added just over 4 minutes extra. Totally useless performance from the official but an excellent one from the under 23s in an intimidating game.
Team 1. Brzozowski. 2. Williams-Lowe 3. Domi 4. Bettache 5. Gubbins 6. Masterson 7. Dalling 8.Wells 9. Walker 10. Bans all-McNulty 11. Shodipo

Subs 12. Duke-McKenna 13. Dickinson 14. Duncan 15. Rowan

[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 17:35]
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 17:42 - Oct 29 with 3431 viewsdistortR

great report Smeg, such a shame this horrible shit rears it's ugly face again.
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:13 - Oct 29 with 3241 viewsLblock

I'm surprised Chuckles Woolmer had a another 90 in him today.

Football - great report and all sounds very positive.

The other - Millwall...... ahhhh, the lovely ' Wall innit. Family club of the year donchyaknow? I was somewhat saddened upon hearing they were safe in their current location and wouldn't be moving to the Isle of Man. May a pox be upon this scum.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:22 - Oct 29 with 3196 viewsenfieldargh

Cheers Smeg, can you name and shame the ref?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:30 - Oct 29 with 3156 viewssmegma

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:22 - Oct 29 by enfieldargh

Cheers Smeg, can you name and shame the ref?

I named him In the report.

M. Ryan
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 18:30]
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 2986 viewsdistortR

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:13 - Oct 29 by Lblock

The other - Millwall...... ahhhh, the lovely ' Wall innit. Family club of the year donchyaknow? I was somewhat saddened upon hearing they were safe in their current location and wouldn't be moving to the Isle of Man. May a pox be upon this scum.

Online gambling, tax evasion and the 'wall.

That would be the icing on the cake.

I'd demand a rent rebate from the council.
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 21:52 - Oct 29 with 2731 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sickening stuff again from Millwall....

Thanks for the report, Smegma. Encouraging reading.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 23:59 - Oct 29 with 2575 viewsBoston

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 18:13 - Oct 29 by Lblock

Oh no, they’re bad enough as it is without a moat.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 2213 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://theathletic.com/1306397/2019/10/26/this-is-racism-in-english-football-th

Article on racism in English football, well worth a read. Lots of QPR references, including Big Fat Racist Terry, Anton Ferdinand, Raheem Sterling, Chris Ramsey and an update on our Under-18 match when Furs took them off the pitch.

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 12:51 - Oct 30 with 2181 viewssmegma

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 12:29 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

https://theathletic.com/1306397/2019/10/26/this-is-racism-in-english-football-th

Article on racism in English football, well worth a read. Lots of QPR references, including Big Fat Racist Terry, Anton Ferdinand, Raheem Sterling, Chris Ramsey and an update on our Under-18 match when Furs took them off the pitch.

Can you cut/paste as I can't see the whole story
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 15:45 - Oct 30 with 2023 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Here's a taster, but the article is huge and deserves to be read in full. Well worth signing up to theathletic.com, even just for the trial period.

"In that respect, the sight of England’s victory in Sofia twice being stopped while the referee followed the UEFA protocol at least highlighted the issue, even if they did not end up leaving the field. Back at QPR, Ramsey’s club, the under-18s had walked off the pitch in a pre-season game at AD Nervion in Spain after complaining to the referee that they had been subjected to monkey noises and racist abuse on three separate occasions during the second half.

The coach, Paul Furlong, eventually called them off. The Seville-based team subsequently claimed the abuse had been provoked by a QPR player spitting in the face of an opponent, an accusation that has been rejected by the Championship club.

“That was in August,” says Troy Townsend. “Now, in late October, they’re still in a battle with FIFA, the Spanish federation and UEFA to see who is actually going to take control of that situation and make a judgement. Everybody is running away from the story.

“That’s what I mean when I talk about diluting racism. The account of those QPR players is being questioned. ‘Is what you’re saying true? Is it factual you were called the n-word, or did you spit at the lad first?’ If those allegations about spitting, that have come out of the Spanish side, are true, then why were they not flagged up first? Why did they only crop up once QPR made it common knowledge that their lads had been racially abused?”"

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 10:10 - Oct 31 with 1859 viewsfrancisbowles

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 15:45 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Here's a taster, but the article is huge and deserves to be read in full. Well worth signing up to theathletic.com, even just for the trial period.

"In that respect, the sight of England’s victory in Sofia twice being stopped while the referee followed the UEFA protocol at least highlighted the issue, even if they did not end up leaving the field. Back at QPR, Ramsey’s club, the under-18s had walked off the pitch in a pre-season game at AD Nervion in Spain after complaining to the referee that they had been subjected to monkey noises and racist abuse on three separate occasions during the second half.

The coach, Paul Furlong, eventually called them off. The Seville-based team subsequently claimed the abuse had been provoked by a QPR player spitting in the face of an opponent, an accusation that has been rejected by the Championship club.

“That was in August,” says Troy Townsend. “Now, in late October, they’re still in a battle with FIFA, the Spanish federation and UEFA to see who is actually going to take control of that situation and make a judgement. Everybody is running away from the story.

“That’s what I mean when I talk about diluting racism. The account of those QPR players is being questioned. ‘Is what you’re saying true? Is it factual you were called the n-word, or did you spit at the lad first?’ If those allegations about spitting, that have come out of the Spanish side, are true, then why were they not flagged up first? Why did they only crop up once QPR made it common knowledge that their lads had been racially abused?”"

'The Seville-based team subsequently claimed the abuse had been provoked by a QPR player spitting in the face of an opponent, an accusation that has been rejected by the Championship club.'

Isn't that an admission of guilt and an appeal for mitigation?
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 12:34 - Nov 2 with 1666 viewssmegma

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 10:10 - Oct 31 by francisbowles

'The Seville-based team subsequently claimed the abuse had been provoked by a QPR player spitting in the face of an opponent, an accusation that has been rejected by the Championship club.'

Great point.

Believe me, if our player had spat on an opponent he would not be playing for the u18s again.
Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 12:48 - Nov 2 with 1639 viewssmegma

Lewis Walker alleges he was racially abused today... on 10:10 - Oct 31 by francisbowles

Similarly, a Millwall player was saying to Walker 'I'm black, why would he say THAT' ?? At the time Walker hadn't said what word was actually used. After the game I spoke to two players who said the allegation was that the N word was used. The Millwall player was saying he said another word that was impossible to be mistaken for the N word. It didn't rhyme with or sound similar to the N word. I cant wait for the game at Harlington in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024