Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed 12:53 - Nov 7 with 3117 viewsstowmarketrange

We are going from loftus road to Wembley straight after the game on Saturday.Can anyone tell me the quickest way to get there please?
I normally get on the tube at white city after games so I don’t know whether it’s possible to get a bus there in reasonable time?There is a bus stop on Wood Lane but I haven’t got a clue what buses stop there or where they go.The tube will take too long,so bus or cab looks like the only way to get there in 35 mins.
Unless anyone is passing by in an empty minibus of course.
Help needed on 13:05 - Nov 7 with 2376 viewseghamranger

Look at the tfl website...
Help needed on 13:13 - Nov 7 with 2353 viewsWrightUp5hit___

17:14 - Arrive at:18:07Total time:53mins
Detailed steps for option 1
Step 1
DepartWhite City Underground Station at 17:14viaCentral line to Bond Street
Central line to Bond StreetJourney time:13 min View stops
Step 2
DepartBond Street Underground Station at 17:33viaJubilee line to Finchley Road
Jubilee line to Finchley RoadJourney time:7 min View stops
Step 3
DepartFinchley Road Underground Station at 17:44viaMetropolitan line to Wembley Park
Metropolitan line to Wembley ParkJourney time:7 min
Step 4
DepartWembley Park Underground Station at 17:51viaWalk to Royal Route, Wembley
Walk to Royal Route, WembleyJourney time:16 min View directions
Arrive atRoyal Route, Wembley at 18:07Royal Route, Wembley
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:14]
Help needed on 13:16 - Nov 7 with 2330 viewsA40Bosh

Google Maps directions says any public transport is going to take at least 60mins
IF you need to be there urgently after the game either leave a little earlier or if your budget stretches to it jump an Uber from the Whit City end of Sth Africa Road.
Otherwise jump the central line out to Hanger Lane and then get an Uber from there to Wembley if no buses are imminent

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Help needed on 13:19 - Nov 7 with 2312 viewsTacticalR

Help needed on 13:05 - Nov 7 by eghamranger

Look at the tfl website...

Yes, indeed:
https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Shepherd%27s+Bush+Market+Und

I think that's your best bet if you are going to Wembley Stadium. The starting point is the nearest station to Loftus Road and the finish is the nearest tube to Wembley Stadium. As with so many journeys across London you have to go in before you go out.

Air hostess clique

Help needed on 13:35 - Nov 7 with 2267 viewsMick_S

Wood Lane to Baker Street - Met line to Wembley Park - 2 stops. Good game this.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:35]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Help needed on 13:45 - Nov 7 with 2234 viewsTacticalR

One map that can be very useful in planning journeys is TfL's accurate map.

TfL has (secretly) made a geographically accurate tube map
https://www.timeout.com/london/blog/tfl-has-secretly-made-a-geographically-accur

Air hostess clique

Help needed on 13:57 - Nov 7 with 2201 viewssmegma

Train from Shepherds Bush Overground station goes to WembleyCentral direct at 54 minutes each hour, other times change at Willesden Junction. The direct train takes about 25 minutes.
Help needed on 14:01 - Nov 7 with 2191 viewsMytch_QPR

Help needed on 13:35 - Nov 7 by Mick_S

Wood Lane to Baker Street - Met line to Wembley Park - 2 stops. Good game this.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:35]

Mornington Crescent!

(have I won?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Help needed on 14:03 - Nov 7 with 2186 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Uber.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Help needed on 14:05 - Nov 7 with 2183 viewsMick_S

Harrow on the Hill are you?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Help needed on 14:30 - Nov 7 with 2157 viewsPinnerPaul

Help needed on 13:57 - Nov 7 by smegma

Train from Shepherds Bush Overground station goes to WembleyCentral direct at 54 minutes each hour, other times change at Willesden Junction. The direct train takes about 25 minutes.

Still need to add 20 mins for the walk from there though.

Traffic is always heavy after a match and with Wembley sold out think I would stick with the tube, and avoid the cab idea, but as others have said that won't get there for KO!
Help needed on 14:34 - Nov 7 with 2143 viewsPinnerPaul

Help needed on 14:05 - Nov 7 by Mick_S

Harrow on the Hill are you?

Genius, if a little politically incorrect in places!
Help needed on 14:36 - Nov 7 with 2140 viewsPinnerPaul

Help needed on 14:34 - Nov 7 by PinnerPaul

Genius, if a little politically incorrect in places!

My own personal favourite

'Does your wife know about Kew Gardens then'

'Vauxhall as a matter of fact'
Help needed on 14:57 - Nov 7 with 2106 viewsBoston

My how times have changed, in the 60’s Rangers fans walked from stadium to stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Help needed on 15:10 - Nov 7 with 2084 viewsqueensparker

The Citymapper app is a godsend for things like this. It's brilliant, use it all the time and I've ended up taking buses all the time on routes I never knew existed. Works in New York, Paris, other cities as well.

Anyway, according to Citymapper at 4.50 on Staurday your best bet is 220 up Scrubs Lane from outside White City to Willesden Junction, Ginger Line Overgroud to Wembley Central.

37 Minutes. Bosh.
Help needed on 15:11 - Nov 7 with 2081 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 14:57 - Nov 7 by Boston

My how times have changed, in the 60’s Rangers fans walked from stadium to stadium.

We walked there from loftus road in 2014.We floated back.
Thanks for the suggestions.Its only 5 miles away,but I’m a bit old for jogging it.
The tube option takes too long,so Uber it is then.Hopefully it won’t be a close game on Saturday and we won’t have to stay around for high ho Queens Park Rangers.
Help needed on 15:14 - Nov 7 with 2074 viewsPinnerPaul

Help needed on 14:57 - Nov 7 by Boston

but not LR to Wembley Stadium in about half an hour - Women's game kicks off at 5.30
Help needed on 15:16 - Nov 7 with 2071 viewsPinnerPaul

Help needed on 15:10 - Nov 7 by queensparker

The Citymapper app is a godsend for things like this. It's brilliant, use it all the time and I've ended up taking buses all the time on routes I never knew existed. Works in New York, Paris, other cities as well.

Anyway, according to Citymapper at 4.50 on Staurday your best bet is 220 up Scrubs Lane from outside White City to Willesden Junction, Ginger Line Overgroud to Wembley Central.

37 Minutes. Bosh.

BUT as I said above plus 20 mins walk to the stadium = the same time as the tube route!
Help needed on 15:16 - Nov 7 with 2070 viewsBoston

Help needed on 15:14 - Nov 7 by PinnerPaul

but not LR to Wembley Stadium in about half an hour - Women's game kicks off at 5.30

Bring yer roller skates.

Help needed on 15:47 - Nov 7 with 2030 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 15:16 - Nov 7 by Boston

Bring yer roller skates.

Or Boris bikes.What could go wrong cycling through Harlesden?
Help needed on 16:22 - Nov 7 with 1979 viewsqueensparker

Help needed on 15:47 - Nov 7 by stowmarketrange

Or Boris bikes.What could go wrong cycling through Harlesden?

In all seriousness that's probably your best bet to get there quickest.

A lovely cycle too: up that massive hill on Scrubs Lane while all the juggernauts full of scrap metal overtake you, quick diversion through Harlesden as all the friendly locals are taking to the streets for a lively Saturday night, through scenic Stonebridge, negotiate the North Circular somehow, then dodge through all the main road traffic jams and crowds of Wembley while still going uphill on a bike that weighs half a ton.

You'll get there in a great mood
Help needed on 16:26 - Nov 7 with 1970 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 16:22 - Nov 7 by queensparker

A lovely cycle too: up that massive hill on Scrubs Lane while all the juggernauts full of scrap metal overtake you, quick diversion through Harlesden as all the friendly locals are taking to the streets for a lively Saturday night, through scenic Stonebridge, negotiate the North Circular somehow, then dodge through all the main road traffic jams and crowds of Wembley while still going uphill on a bike that weighs half a ton.

You forgot to mention the rain forecast for Saturday afternoon.
Help needed on 01:34 - Nov 10 with 1596 viewsstowmarketrange

We left 1 minute after the boro 2nd goal and quickly made our way to Wood Lane and jumped on a 220 bus to Willesden Junction,but I hadn’t allowed for the traffic.
We took our seats at Wembley at virtually 6pm,so a journey time of roughly 90 minutes,not the 32 that tfl were advertising on their website.
I gather we didn’t miss much at loftus road.
Help needed on 15:20 - Nov 10 with 1391 viewssmegma

Help needed on 01:34 - Nov 10 by stowmarketrange

We left 1 minute after the boro 2nd goal and quickly made our way to Wood Lane and jumped on a 220 bus to Willesden Junction,but I hadn’t allowed for the traffic.
We took our seats at Wembley at virtually 6pm,so a journey time of roughly 90 minutes,not the 32 that tfl were advertising on their website.
I gather we didn’t miss much at loftus road.

Lucky you left HQ early then, otherwise you would have missed the whole game at Wembley. I watched the second half on BBC and I bet you wish you hadn't bothered,
Help needed on 15:40 - Nov 10 with 1367 viewsBoston

Help needed on 16:22 - Nov 7 by queensparker

When you put it like that, I feel really homesick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024