Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set piece threat 09:21 - Nov 10 with 1225 viewsozranger

While we are all moaning about the defence it was good to see yet another great set piece goal from a corner with Hall scoring again although the officials gave it as an og. From my angle, and I said this before the ball even got to Hall, he was going to get a free header, such was the blocking and movement of the players to set up the goal.. and of course the delivery from Eze. As with the other goal against Brentford, there was not a defender within a yard of him. Been some time since we have had a goal threat from set plays. Something that has been worked on at training is paying off.
Set piece threat on 13:20 - Nov 10 with 1078 viewsMedwayR

As soon as Hall made the dummy run to the front I knew it was going to be something we'd worked on, great to see it work too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Set piece threat on 13:26 - Nov 10 with 1065 viewsMatch82

There was also a well worked routine in the first half where the players congregated at the edge of the box and burst in, except for one player (Chair maybe?) and Eze just played the corner straight to that guy for a shot on the edge of the box. Didn't come off, but was well thought through.
Set piece threat on 14:36 - Nov 10 with 1000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Set piece threat on 13:26 - Nov 10 by Match82

There was also a well worked routine in the first half where the players congregated at the edge of the box and burst in, except for one player (Chair maybe?) and Eze just played the corner straight to that guy for a shot on the edge of the box. Didn't come off, but was well thought through.

It was Chair, you're right.

Agree with the OP. Attacking set pieces are looking good. Given that we're not the tallest team we're actually doing ok on defending set pieces as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Set piece threat on 17:35 - Nov 10 with 918 viewsPinnerPaul

Set piece threat on 14:36 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

It was Chair, you're right.

Agree with the OP. Attacking set pieces are looking good. Given that we're not the tallest team we're actually doing ok on defending set pieces as well.

Their player could take a mean corner though couldn't he?

Eze offside from his own corner was a bit Under 14s though!
Set piece threat on 13:38 - Nov 11 with 811 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Set piece threat on 17:35 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

Their player could take a mean corner though couldn't he?

Eze offside from his own corner was a bit Under 14s though!

Ya, their lad was damn good.

And, ya, that offside will I'm sure be funny in time!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024