Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What changes would you make to our squad in January? 11:26 - Nov 15 with 2058 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The January transfer window is generally not the best time to do business
However if you had the opportunity what changes would you make to our squad in January?
Obviously this would have to be based on what we know at the moment.

I would try and get Smithies back in goal and move on either Kelly or Lumley

I'd look at a quality centre half who can defend and pass out well and offload one - probably Grant Hall

Also look at one central midfielder who can link play and not be dominated like we have been recently.
Would offload Matt Smith back to Man City

Upfront no changes.

What would you do?

Cheers,

James
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 11:36 - Nov 15 with 2033 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'd leave everything as it is. It is a new team and learning a new style. This all needs time to come to fruition. We need less of the get it done now and more of the build slowly, build carefully and build it right.

The grass is always greener.

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 11:37 - Nov 15 with 2028 viewsBuckR

Add a decent centre half if we can identify one for decent value - if not leave well alone
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 11:43 - Nov 15 with 2018 viewsCamberleyR

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 11:36 - Nov 15 by Esox_Lucius

I'd leave everything as it is. It is a new team and learning a new style. This all needs time to come to fruition. We need less of the get it done now and more of the build slowly, build carefully and build it right.

Exactly. We've had enough years of R*dkn*pp style 'get more players in' every transfer window. We've had a massive turnaround of players already in the summer, let them continue to settle down and bed in.

Nice to see the OP has already written off Matt Smith after two starts and two sub appearances in the league totalling two and a half hours.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:00 - Nov 15 with 1994 viewsTHEBUSH

Personally I'd make no changes, but I'd be happy if MW decided to get a player or two in.
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:25 - Nov 15 with 1963 viewsNed_Kennedys

Its alright for those saying 'keep it as it is' but it depends who leaves, whether that's an early loan termination or an offer we can't refuse for one of our better players.
If so we will need replacements.
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:26 - Nov 15 with 1953 viewsNed_Kennedys

And IF Smithies was available on a permanent then re-signing him would be a no brainer.
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:27 - Nov 15 with 1947 viewsBuckR

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:25 - Nov 15 by Ned_Kennedys

Its alright for those saying 'keep it as it is' but it depends who leaves, whether that's an early loan termination or an offer we can't refuse for one of our better players.
If so we will need replacements.

Surely keep it as it is would mean keeping as it is thus ideally meaning no departures either...
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:28 - Nov 15 with 1939 viewsNorthernr

If McKenna is a possibility I think they'll try that, and if they were to get him I think Leistner might go on the block again.

I'd personally be back in for Smithies but I don't think they will.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Man City boy or Mlakar go back and replaced with another loan. Obviously if Wells or Hugill get recalled and sold that would need to be addressed.

January is a terrible time to do business, they'll avoid it if they can.
Login to get fewer ads

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 12:28 - Nov 15 with 1939 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think if the right CB comes up at the right price, we'll be in for him. Other than that, not much will happen unless we've gone on a McClaren style run by then. I think new Smith may well go back.
Possibly if there's a Freeman-like deal to be had with someone unwanted and out of contract in the summer, that could occur.
Would be surprised if we sold anyone.

Bare bones.

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 13:03 - Nov 15 with 1886 viewsChurchie

The big issue is of course goals conceded. Whilst I agree with MW we do not want to rush Connor Masterson, but part of the answer could be in the squad as it is. We also have another goalkeeper who is currently in form. I am sure we have the personel with some quality coaching to resist speculative expenditure.

Personally I am really pleased with this season as it is. The football sometimes has been fantastic and the results will follow. Even if it is from the clubs below us.
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 13:53 - Nov 15 with 1849 viewsbosh67

I'd get rid of all of them. Get the Liverpool team in. Hope nobody notices up at Anfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:02 - Nov 15 with 1827 viewsdanehoop

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 13:53 - Nov 15 by bosh67

I'd get rid of all of them. Get the Liverpool team in. Hope nobody notices up at Anfield.

I'd think about swaping out some of the fanbase. That is probably weakest part of the squad.

Never knowingly understood

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:03 - Nov 15 with 1826 viewsheadhoops

1) Centre back would be number one priorty - Ryan Nelson II
2) Hard bast@rd tackler + passer next - Ale Faurlin II
3) Keeper - would love Smithies to come back
4) Forwards - depends if we lose Eze/Wells

Others, Smith and Mlaker returned to find players that fit 1 or 2 above

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:05 - Nov 15 with 1822 viewsfrancisbowles

If McKenna has a bit of pace and is comfortable on the ball, then get him if we can.

I don't personally think goalie is a priority, Lumley was fine on Saturday and Kelly has been getting better each game. Smithies is only 18 months into his contract with Cardiff. How long did he sign for?
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:23 - Nov 15 with 1797 viewsBrianMcCarthy

None.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:36 - Nov 15 with 1776 viewsCamberleyR

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:05 - Nov 15 by francisbowles

If McKenna has a bit of pace and is comfortable on the ball, then get him if we can.

I don't personally think goalie is a priority, Lumley was fine on Saturday and Kelly has been getting better each game. Smithies is only 18 months into his contract with Cardiff. How long did he sign for?

Signed until summer 2022.

Even if Cardiff were to say he's for sale, we probably couldn't match his wages these days. He probably doubled his salary when he went there I reckon.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 14:39]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 17:32 - Nov 15 with 1676 viewsfrancisbowles

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 14:36 - Nov 15 by CamberleyR

Signed until summer 2022.

Even if Cardiff were to say he's for sale, we probably couldn't match his wages these days. He probably doubled his salary when he went there I reckon.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 14:39]

Thanks Camberley. Yes two and a half years left on his contract which may mean he would cost more than he did when we sold him and the wages, even if it was possible it wouldn't be the best way to spend the little we have
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 22:41 - Nov 15 with 1501 viewsDorse

#announceravel

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 22:56 - Nov 15 with 1473 viewsLoftgirl

Sir Clint as defensive coach.
What changes would you make to our squad in January? on 15:37 - Nov 16 with 1336 viewsPinnerPaul

Although we all know now that there is a recall no all loan signings - is there a 'return' clause as well - ie can we unilaterally return a player or does the parent club have to agree?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024