Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loads of old QPR videos 19:41 - Nov 28 with 1561 viewsPeterHucker

I've got all these QPR videos.
Got nothing to play them in these days.
Does anyone have the knowhow / equipment to convert them to digital files?
If

There are 10 videos...
Season reviews for every season from 1989/90 to 1994/95. Also 1996/97, 2001/2002, 2002/2003 (playoff season). Plus a QPR special Match of the Day compilation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1WYJyyV1FYXBik1z9

Loads of old QPR videos on 19:54 - Nov 28 with 1541 viewsstowmarketrange

You can still pick up video players quite cheap in some places.That would be cheaper than transferring them all onto dvd.
Loads of old QPR videos on 20:51 - Nov 28 with 1481 viewsStanisgod

Same here, used to tape the goals highlights.
Got the 82 Cup final and replay with all the build up, both milk cup semis against Liverpool and God knows what else. Saddo

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Loads of old QPR videos on 21:41 - Nov 28 with 1427 viewsJuzzie

I think its worth getting them converted. Tapes will wear out, become brittle etc whereas once they are converted to digital they should remain constant.

https://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/photo-services/photo-video-transfer-to-dvd.html
Loads of old QPR videos on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 1411 viewsCamberleyR

You can pick up a refurbed VCR player for about 40-50 quid. Once you have a player you can pick up this gadget:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078H54QDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s0

Costs 20 quid and it's basically a video capture device that has at one end a USB connector that plugs into a USB port on your computer and the other end of it are male RCA connectors. Included in the box is a scart to female RCA adapter that can plug into the scart connector of the VCR (if the VCR doesn't have RCA connections which some might not). It also has some software on CD to load onto your computer that converts the videos to digital files.

I'm using one at the moment to archive stuff from my Sky + box before I get Sky Q installed. I've also used an older slightly different version before to digitise some stuff I had on old video tapes recorded off the telly so I know it works.

The only drawback with it is that it records in realtime so that the amount of time to make a digital file out of the video will be the length of the video so it can be time consuming.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loads of old QPR videos on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 1367 viewsBoston

I never taped anything, never took a picture, neither did a paper clipping or a signature ever enter my mind to get. Programmes though, now that was my thing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loads of old QPR videos on 10:02 - Nov 29 with 1249 viewsMick_S

Scrapbook.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loads of old QPR videos on 11:00 - Nov 29 with 1213 viewsBoston

Loads of old QPR videos on 10:02 - Nov 29 by Mick_S

Scrapbook.

Who you calling a pritt?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loads of old QPR videos on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 1204 viewsMick_S

Loads of old QPR videos on 11:00 - Nov 29 by Boston

Who you calling a pritt?

That's a Leeds Pritt stick.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024